“Fantastic!!! ”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Alabama
“Fantastic!!! ”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited Old Edwards and stayed in one of the church street cottages.
It was absolutely beautiful!!!
The service is one of the best we've had at any hotel in the US.
The food on property is great!
It's worth every penny and we will for sure be back! Such a charming area!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I enjoyed everything about the stay at the Old Edwards Inn and Spa in the NC mountains. We stayed in one of the Lodge cottages, which was lovely and private. All the staff was gracious, attentive and pleasant. We both enjoyed the spa, which is luxurious and beautiful. The restaurants and shopping in the beautiful town of Highlands, enhanced the relaxing visit. My husband and I enjoyed breakfast and dinner at the excellent Madison restaurant on the grounds. We are looking forward to our next visit there with friends.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Lodge cottage, which was quiet and private on the grounds, but required some walking...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Amanda S, Marketing Director at Old Edwards Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
We look forward to your next visit as well. Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I've traveled to Old Edwards twice now, and can say I love this hotel.

The atmosphere of the Highlands and the property itself are outstanding. I've stayed in the luxury suite and the 2 bedroom suite, and both were very well designed, luxurious, comfortable, and relaxing.

The staff are very knowledgeable, well trained, and friendly.

The spa is outstanding. Have had a variety of massages, used the general spa facilities, and exercise facilities, and everything is top of the line.

The grounds of Old Edwards are meticulously maintained, beautiful, and blend well into the town as well.

I love traveling here and look forward to going back in 2014.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zeus1730
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I have been to the Spa at Old Edwards Inn five or six times and have had blissful experiences each time. I've never felt compelled to write a review because I figured, hey, everyone already knows this place is perfect. But I recently had such a terrible experience at a N.C. mountain spa that is "allegedly" high-end and award-winning (see my TripAdvisor review of Westglow Spa, and please enjoy the manager's hilariously hostile and defensive reply) that I felt I should give credit where it's due. And believe me, it is due here.

This is just what a luxury spa should be. There's a stone fireplace, an elegant dark brown "chocolate hallway" (as they call it) leading from the reception area to the "fireside" room, sanctuaries and treatment rooms and superior service.

I made an entire day of soaking in the atmosphere here. I hardly wanted to leave my spot by the fire when I was called for my facial. It was relaxing and suitable to my sensitive skin and refreshingly not a bit sale-y (as some spas can be). I returned to the solarium by the fireside room for my elegant lunch of a trout wrap with a hearty, rich pumpkin soup and -- just because it sounded so good -- a lavender Collins with the spa's homemade lavender syrup.

I left that reverie for my 50-minute foot rub. (That is not a typo. Someone rubbed my feet for nearly an hour with a peppermint scrub, followed by peppermint oil and then HEATED my spa sandals for me before I left.) Perfection!

But I wasn't through relaxing. I had the heated whirlpool to myself and then got in the shower that has about 12 shower heads to gently pummel you with water from all angles. Then, I returned to the fire to read more in my book. Oh, and to fall asleep.

The Old Edwards knows how to treat guests and is a stunning facility, to boot. It is worth every penny.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Have_fun_will_travel
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We spent 4 nites at the Old Edwards Inn in May & had a great time. The rooms are large & well done, no complaints. All of the common areas are beautiful & spacious ; we ate lunch at the outdoor cafe.....excellent meal plus nice ambience.We stopped by the upstairs bar one evening for a glass of wine & the bartender had ample advice on restraurants. We attended a reception & dinnner at the facilities at the golf course ( a few miles away )....impressive ! Beautiful setting & elegant facilities.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larry M
Rumson
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We spent two days in the Falls Cottages right before Thanksgiving. These accommodations are the newest and best at the hotel. They are a very short walk from the historic inn but offer privacy and are luxuriously appointed. Can't think of any place we've ever stayed that was as nice. We had our own living room with gas fireplace, a large bedroom with a large walk-in closet and a gigantic bathroom with a spacious shower and radiant heat on the tile floors. There was even an outdoor terrace which we didn't use because it was too cold.
The dining room in the historic section served delicious food, and we particularly enjoyed the Hummingbird Lounge for cocktails. Service everywhere was friendly and efficient. I highly recommend this hotel which is located in the charming town of Highlands, NC.

Alabama
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed in this perfectly charming inn for three nights. The staff was helpful and eager to please. Complimentary coffee bar every morning was one of my favorite amenities! We also loved the unlimited dove bars and bottled water. We did not visit the spa, but I still felt pampered in every way for the duration of our stay. The only disappointment was that our room in the historic inn did not have a view. The property is quite large, however, so this could have been remedied, had we been so inclined to ask for another room. Be sure to walk to Mountain Fresh Grocery for breakfast or lunch - delicious!! This is a wonderful spot for a romantic getaway!

Room Tip: We stayed in the historic inn, and our room did not have a view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
#5 of 7 in Highlands
200 Main
200 Main
#4 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Old Edwards Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!