“Fabulous stay at the Old Edwards Inn and Spa”

and 1 more site!
Old Edwards Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Recently my sister treated me to a wonderful getaway at the Old Edwards Inn and Spa. We arrived on Sunday afternoon. The staff was friendly and helpful. They walked us to our rooms, taking the time to point out details and specific "how-to's" -- ie. the shower in my sister's suite. It's workings might not have been obvious, but the specific instructions made it simple! I felt thoroughly pampered from the "turn down service" in the evening, to the daytime housekeeping that created a lovely atmosphere of soft music and lighting!
The spa was absolutely amazing! Anna was nothing less than wonderful with the massage and the rest of the staff were friendly and helpful to this novice. The entire inn was captivating! From the dark wood and high ceilings of the library, to the cozy cottages and chic lodge. Madison's Restaurant was not so much a dinner, but rather an amazing dining experience...
All of this was enjoyed in the wonderful company of my sister and niece -- loved it all! I would happily go back again any time!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Amanda S, Marketing Director at Old Edwards Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Wow, what a beautiful and descriptive review. We love that you noticed all the details and things that make a difference in your stay. Anna is definitely a treasure in the spa. So happy you enjoyed your visit, and thank you for posting about your experience on TripAdvisor.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We just celebrated our anniversary at Old Edwards Inn and it was amazing! This was the first trip we have taken for our anniversary where everything was perfect. The minute we walked through the door we could tell we were in a very special place. Every single member of the staff go out of their way to see to your every need. It's just a short drive from Atlanta but you feel like your in another world! The room, the staff, the spa, the food, and the ambience were all exceptional! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We loved our room in the historic inn but the lodge looks amazing as well.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

"Perfect." That's very exciting to hear-- and a lot to live up to for your next visit:-) We look forward to our next opportunity to give you memorable stay. Happy Anniversary, again, and thank you for spending it with us!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I spent our 36th wedding anniversary at Old Edwards. This is our second stay at the spa. It rained the whole time we were there and yet it was our best anniversary to date. Daniel manager on duty, DJ the massage expert, Ken the Sous Chef, Ashley our spa coordinator, and all those at Madison's made this the Greatest Anniversary. From check in to check out these employees made us feel like Royalty. This spa resort treats you like you were the most important person in the world. Any time you walk in a room all the men stand as you enter, and they are all dressed in suite and ties and address you as Mr or Mrs. The spa is the best I have ever been in and we did 2 days of activities. You never have to ask for anything, there is always someone around waiting on you hand and foot. You actually feel like you are taken back in time with this Inn and Spa as there are no vending machines, ice machines or any of those items you see in a chain hotel. If you need it they get it for you, and treat you with such respect. This spa and inn reminds me of the resorts from the past as in such movies as Dirty. Dancing. It is so family oriented with things for all ages to do. They will fix you up within you want to do in this sweet little town. I really should not write this review because everyone will want to go and we might not be able to get a room next time. I am so particular about where I stay and this is THE BEST PLACE I have ever stayed. If you want a great place to stay and be transformed back in time go to Old Edwards Inn and Spa you will be hooked forever. The Franklins, Boone, NC. Going back in June.

Room Tip: Any room is excellent, we stayed in Spa Suite first trip and then a regular room first night on seco...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie F
Amanda S, Marketing Director at Old Edwards Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write this heartfelt, meaningful review. We are thrilled that you chose to spend your anniversary with us, that you fully enjoyed your stay, and that we will see you again in June. Happy anniversary, and many more blissful years together!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great place, quaint, romantic, clean, organized, excellent service, beautiful area and grounds
so well manicured. Exceptional staff, courteous, will go out of their way to please you. They will address you by your name. They will stand up to greet you and wish you a pleasant stay.
Their Spa is top notch. Food quality and choice of wines, outstanding. The restaurant staff, are all well trained and attend a swiss school. They care and cater to your allergy needs.
Thank you Old Edwards Inn.

Room Tip: Old Edward's Inn has deluxe rooms at the historical building as well as separate cottages. All...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

You're welcome! And thank you for posting such a nice review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We just got home after another wonderful anniversary trip to Old Edwards. What a treat to arrive and see we were upgraded. Loved our room! We did 2 days at the spa this time because it is that wonderful!

The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have what you need and that you are comfortable. The little details make this place so special.

We have been twice and were equally pleased both times. We love to stay in the historic inn, but all areas of this place are beautiful. The town is very quiet this time of year, but that is part of the draw for us. A perfect place to slow down and relax.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ashwad918

We really appreciate our repeat guests, so thank you! And thank you for posting your great comments on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Spa at Old Edwards Inn was spectacular. It was first-class all the way! I had a deep tissue massage that was amazing, spent time in the sauna and whirlpool jet tub, and then had my hair done in the salon (cut and moisturizing treatment). Everything about my experience here was great and it was worth every penny. I left there feeling super relaxed and my hair looked healthier than it had looked in years. I can't wait to visit Highlands again so I can come back for more R&R!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal M

...Left feeling healthier than I have in years... That's what we love to hear! Thank you for spending time with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had the most enjoyable weekend at the Old Edwards Inn. My room in the cottages was quiet, peaceful, and the fireplace was perfect for the cool evening. I loved coming back from Madison's from dinner to the wonderful turndown service! Also, appreciated the heated bathroom floors, and the wonderful bath products! Loved the small details that the staff went to to make my trip restful and pleasurable! I would highly recommend a get away! I wish I had time to experience the spa... Next Visit!

Room Tip: Loved my room in the cottages! I was on second floor and quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

You will definitely have to come back and experience the spa! We even added/enhanced the lounges and showers over the winter, so there is even more to love there. We look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.

Been to Old Edwards Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!