“Wonderful Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful Weekend”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I escaped to the Old Edwards Inn to celebrate our anniversary and had a wonderful experience! The staff was unbelievably attentive, responsive, and respectful. Our room was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable, we has a private patio/gate to the pool, and the bathroom floors were even heated! We felt very welcomed and special throughout our stay including our visit to Madison's (the inn's main restaurant) and the spa. The meal was very good and the couple's massage was life-changing. It's not a matter of if we will come back - it's a matter of when! The only downside is it is a little expensive, but it was definitely worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Amanda S, Marketing Director at Old Edwards Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Wow, "Life Changing." I will pass that on to our spa team. That is exactly what we set out to do: leave you changed, healthier or just a little more joyful in some way. Thank you for your effusive praise, and we so look forward to seeing you again.
Warm Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
atlanta
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is my fourth or fifth visit to The Old Edwards Inn. The accommodations are superb but the staff is unbelievable. They must go through intense training because everyone of them are so professional and really seem to care that your stay is unforgettable. The inn is beautiful, the food is top notch, and they have a highly rated spa. I was having trouble getting internet in my room. I mentioned it to one of the staff and by the time I returned to my room the problem was fixed. My husband and I look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: If traveling with friends I would choose a cottage room with a screened in porch where you could gat...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We love getting reviews from our loyal guests! Thank you for your repeat patronage, and also for your lovely statements about our staff. We do go through some rigorous recruiting, hiring and training, and we are very fortunate to attract some amazing people to be on the Old Edwards team. Thank you so much for noticing and mentioning it. We look forward to seeing you next time!
savannah, ga.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Highlands is a lovely town with great restaurants and is a wonderful way to get away from a bigger city. Not that far from Atlanta, Asheville, Greenville, and Charlotte it is a doable weekend trip. The Edwards Inn has been upgraded quite a bit and I have stayed there often. This time I used the spa which was excellent. The food is great too and the rooms are charming. I time my visits here with the Cashiers Antique Show which is July 25-27, 2014 at the Blue Ridge School in
Cashiers. The best show I have ever been to it is a great time to be in the mountains!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
It is so nice to hear a loyal guest report positively on the additions and enhancements we have made over the past few years. Also glad to hear you enjoyed the antiques show in Cashiers. That really is a one-of-a-kind event! We look forward to many future visits!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Note: this review is for the Spa at Old Edwards, not the hotel. I made a reservation for a manicure and pedicure at the Spa. I was amazed at the service provided! In addition to a wonderful spa service the additional amenities were over the top! Service staff was truly wonderful. Anything you wanted during your spa time was provided almost instantly and with a smile. The facilities were amazing! The cafe, lounge areas, whirlpool, steam room, sauna and showers better than any I've seen. Maybe more expensive then your neighborhood spa but the extras you get for the price are worth the extra cost. Definitely treat yourself!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
We really appreciate your visiting our spa and posting such a glowing review. Hopefully we will have the chance to host you as an overnight guest on your next visit to Highlands.
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2014

It was a first time visit for us when we arrived in the small mountain town of Highlands on Easter Sunday for what was a surprise mini get-away trip to celebrate a very special occasion for my husband. Without a prior reservation, we decided to check out the Old Edwards Inn as a possible place for us to stay, and from the minute we walked through the door, couldn't have been made to feel more welcome! What IMPRESSIVE, OUTSTANDING SERVICE this place provides! And from that moment forward, it just continued to get better and better.

We elected to book for two nights a lovely room in the newest addition of their property named 'The Falls' and it was PERFECT!

The entire grounds are lovely and extremely well maintained, and we appreciated all the attention to detail, no matter where we were; but especially in our cozy room, which was so tastefully done and well appointed.

We also thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many of their international staff of young people who are hired as interns. All so focused on providing an incredible experience for their guests, and they do it so expertly!

We are so appreciative of outstanding customer service, and whatever methods Old Edwards Inn management uses to train their staff - any business can only wish to mimic the secrets of their success!

This was an experience we will be talking about for years to come - and already have shared it with a number of friends and customers of our own!

Our many thanks to your entire staff for making this one of the best & most memorable get-aways we have ever had! We look forward to the day when we can return again!

Room Tip: Room #5516 ... we didn't want to leave!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luv2Dine55
We are so happy you were able to get in on the spur of the moment and that you so enjoyed your stay in our Falls Cottages. Thank you very much for your referrals to friends and family! That is our best compliment. And also for your comments about our staff; we share all reviews with our entire staff and they really appreciate the recognition. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just returned from a quick three-night getaway to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. Our first trip to Highlands. What a treat! It is a splurge, but just what we needed -- a completely relaxing, stress-free experience. The resort has a sprawling footprint, dominating Highlands's small downtown area. It offers a range of choices in accommodations. We chose a spa suite, located directly above the extraordinary spa. My wife is a spa enthusiast; I am not -- but I did enjoy my treatment very much.

I should make special mention of our suite's disabled-accessible features. I have pretty significant mobility impairments, and I rely on crutches, a rollator walker, and crutches to aid my mobility. Our suite had grab bars on two sides of the toilet, a wheelchair space beside the toilet to accommodate easy transfer, a huge roll-in shower with a rain shower and an adjustable-height hand shower. There are elevators all over the property, and staff are everywhere and very helpful. We were made very welcome. If you have mobility impairments, be sure and ask for an accessible room. Ours was Room 21. It's hard to imagine a better room for someone with a disability.

The main restaurant on property, Madison's, provided one of the best dinner experiences we have ever had anywhere. I had a duck breast entree with fava beans and spring peas; my wife had a grouper special. We also shared an appetizer with pork belly and poached egg and a pound cake dessert, both of which were terrific.

We loved everything about our stay at Old Edwards Inn. Ask about promotions. Our package included one dinner and some spa treatments. It was an expensive stay, but well worth it.

Room Tip: Spa suites are huge and very well appointed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
We're so happy you were able to experience so much of what we have to offer, and that you had a wonderful time and anniversary. Thank you for choosing to spend your 10th anniversary with Old Edwards and for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This property has its own personality. I think I saw more employees than I did guests. Everywhere you turn there is a hotel representative asking if they can help you with anything. If you ask directions, they don't just tell you, they show you where to go. Everyone bends over backwards to be courteous and helpful and always with a smile. I left something behind and was called right away by housekeeping. I was still in the area so it was no problem to pop back in and they still offered to mail it for me. I've lived all over the world including Asia so I know a good spa when I experience one. Thai massage is hard to find and a very good thai massage is even more difficult to find. Kyra, the spa manager gave me an excellent thai massage. The atmosphere in the spa is excellent. I had a very nice lunch in the spa cafe and I dined in the evening in the hotel restaurant which I believe was called Madison's. The food was some of the best I've ever eaten and the presentation was beautiful. My bed was very comfortable. I was there during very heavy rains and because of the noise on the roof I had a very difficult time sleeping. I was in room 17, so I would advise if you go during rainy weather to ask for a room that isn't directly under the roof. The only other negative thing is that during the bad weather the internet wasn't very reliable in my room but when I took my laptop to the lobby it worked fine. I find that little touches make a difference and this hotel had them. As I left I was given a little bag with fruit and water for the road. That is a first and I also like the fact that I was "nickled and dimed to death." Internet, bottled water and even Dove ice cream bars are available at no extra charge.

Room Tip: If it's raining ask for a room that is not directly under the roof. I think the roof was made o...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Amanda S, Marketing Director at Old Edwards Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your thorough and wonderful review. Yes, Kyra is gifted at the Thai massage. We're so glad you were able to book one with her. Sorry about the rain:-) We look forward to having you back in gorgeous weather so you can experience our outdoor amenities and the beautiful surrounding mountains.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
#5 of 7 in Highlands
200 Main
200 Main
#4 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Old Edwards Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!