“Fantastic Place. Will Return!”

Old Edwards Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We went to the Old Edwards for our honeymoon. It was perfect. When we checked in they met us with Champagne. We were upgraded to the Luxury Suite. The Suite had 3 rooms, 2 fireplaces, a huge soak tub and the famous heated floors in the bathroom. We had a great and relaxing time. Every request from ice to towels was fulfilled immediately. We will absolutely be back.

We had room service from the restaurant one night. It was very good. Some of the best room service I have ever had.

My only complaint was the attitude of one of the girls that worked in the spa. My wife and I had a couple massage. My wife was in her first trimester of pregnancy and was not showing at all. On the initial intake paperwork she indicated she was pregnant. When we were brought back, the girl that was her masseuse made a huge deal that she was pregnant. She made it feel like she could not do anything with my wife because of it. My wife told her she wasn't having any issues and had been laying on her stomach with no issues. The girl made her feel very ostracized. The strangest part, was 2 days later my wife went back for another massage, and the same girl helped her. This time the girl told her it didn't really matter she was pregnant and there would be no problem with her laying on her belly. It was quite bizarre.

I do not take our experience in the spa as a reflection of the hotel. Everyone else was excellent. We will go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have eaten at Madison's on numerous occasions and have enjoyed the food and service. On the 7th June we hosted my daughters wedding there with a 4 night stay. We had guests from 16 states, Wash DC, UK and Switzerland. The welcome wine reception was held on Friday at the pavilion by the pool and we stayed in the Piermont cottage (a 4 bedroom circa 1880) that is located on the grounds. The wedding and large reception was held at The Farm, a nearby Old Edwards Inn property. The set up was so beautiful and we considered it the party of a lifetime.

Every guest that attended commented on the extra high level of service from all of the staff. They were very polite, professional, friendly and 1st class all the way. It was so delightful to be there. In particular, the attention to detail and service from Shayna Bigazzi the asst director of Events was second to none. Her staff were superb and the catering from the Chef and and his crew were excellent. Every whim and request were honoured with a smile and a kind word. It was the time of a lifetime. We plan to return for a one yr anniversary with the newly weds. Thank you to all of the staff for making the wedding a dream come true. From a proud and very happy father!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wave45
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We just returned from a stay at Old Edwards (our second) to celebrate our anniversary. Since our first visit they have opened the The Falls Cottages, which is where we stayed on this visit. The room(s) are very nicely furnished, quite large, and certainly do not feel like you are staying in a hotel. We did have a fridge in the room stocked with bottled waters only. The small porch is lovely, with two very comfortable chairs perfect for lounging. The bed was also quite comfortable, though we didn't care much for the pillows. Our room was very clean and was tidied up very nicely on our first night, though not as well on the second. (dirty glasses were left in the room, living area not straightened up - though we may not have noticed this had they not done such an excellent job the first night.) My husband thoroughly enjoyed the sweets left on our pillows each night!
The grounds and buildings are beautiful, really a sight to see. We also enjoyed two treatments at the spa, which is also wonderful. Definitely don't miss the 14 head shower.... WOW! I found their signature spa treatment (scrub with soothing massage) truly relaxing - Alexander was great.
The staff was polite and courteous, "professionally friendly" if you will, but we didn't experience anyone that was exceptional, but certainly have no complaints about anyone either.
As my husband stated, all of the right ideas and intentions are there, but sometimes the executions fall just a bit short. Keep in mind however, these are very minor details that we would most certainly overlook elsewhere, but when we are paying for luxury and pampering there is a higher expectation. And again, there are plenty of details that are amazing!
Overall, the hotel is gorgeous, the staff pleasant, the grounds amazing and the town quaint and lovely. We would definitely return and recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peachmom13
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had never been to the Highlands before but had heard and read so much about this Inn that we decided to celebrate our birthdays here.

We selected a room in one of the cottages out back. When you arrive at the hotel, you learn of their 24 hour a day free champagne, dove bars and water bottles in the lobby policy. I was in heaven! The Old Inn is quite beautiful. The cottages have their own lobby but we often went to the Old Inn because of the live music and large number of people who gather in the Old Library bar.

Our "room" in the cottage was impressive, to say the least. There was a private patio with table for breakfast out back and rocking chairs out front. We also had a sitting area and table inside. We had a small "bar" area with a fridge pre stocked with water and sodas at no charge.

Our bath was enormous, with separate rooms for the large shower and tub. All products were luxe amenities from the spa. Heated towels, heated floors and mood lighting completed the romantic setting.

The Inn is expensive but nearly everything (except spa treatments) is included. Both lobbies serve free champagne day and night. Both lobbies keep dove bars, sodas and bottled water for your convenience. They will stock your fridge with these as well.

The lobbies have fresh fruit, juice and coffee every morning at no charge. Service is infallible.

A trip to the spa will tell you why it is a Conde Nast favorite every year. We love to hike so we started each morning with a room service breakfast (expensive but over the top fabulous) then went downstairs to grab our water bottles before setting out. When we returned we enjoyed champagne while chatting with other guests.

The pool are is gorgeous and a fabulous destination. I highly recommend using the pool and spa for a full experience.

Room Tip: The cottages out back provide much more room than the old hotel. Some people like the historic buil...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Amanda S, Marketing Director at Old Edwards Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

What a great review-- and title! Thank you so much for posting on TripAdvisor, and we hope it isn't too long before we get to host you again!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our stay was perfect. Very low key but exquisite service and accommodations. It was easy to see how happy the staff were to be working there. We found it very easy to relax quickly because of the peacefulness of the Inn. We will definitely go again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a spa suite- beautiful accommodations. Heated tile floors in the bathroom were lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

From the time we arrived until our departure two days later, we totally enjoyed our stay at The Old Edwards Inn and Spa. We were greeted by Chris who proceeded to show us to the lobby for check-in, provided us champagne and then made sure we knew everything there was about our cottage from how to operate the TV and spa tub to making sure our key worked. We stayed in one of the Lodge cottages, and while not huge, it was very well appointed. The bathroom had heated floors and a wonderful two person spa tub. The staff are attentive and very accommodating. I did not like the feather pillow which was provided and asked if I might have a firmer foam one. It arrived within minutes. One another occasion my key had become demagnetized and another was delivered to my door in no time. If there was any downside to our room it was that the enclosed porch room smelled a little musty.
And then there is the spa- oh my! I have been to first class spas before, but this one is the best by far. It is pretty much perfection and I only wish I had booked more services than just one. (And the chicken salad in the spa cafe is to die for!)
We had our anniversary dinner at Madison's on the property. Our table was strewn with rose petals and everyone went out of his/her way to wish us a happy anniversary. The other nice gesture was the bottle of champagne which was delivered to our room as we were leaving for dinner.
I would definitely recommend The Old Edwards Inn and Spa and we are looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy T
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We spent two nights for a quick family vacation while taking our daughter to camp for the summer. The staff from top to bottom are professional and friendly. They made our stay exceptional. We have all been to establishments who say hello, etc while creating the impression they are simply going through the motions... this is not the case at the Old Edwards Inn. Even the housekeeping staff wishes you a good morning and conveys a genuine desire for your well being. The management of this hotel have nailed great customer service.

Breakfast (Madison)- a true bargain. Great food and top notch staff. My wife and I were discussing the perfect service at the Inn over breakfast, when I jokingly said, "My poached eggs were 10 seconds over cooked." The manager walked over and asked if I preferred my eggs with the yolks more runny. I'm not sure he heard me, but the desire for perfection is obvious.

The nightly rate is expensive by most hotel standards, but the accommodations and service make it a great value. You truly get what you pay for at this Inn.

Room Tip: The falls cottages were perfect for our family. Modern while keeping with the history of the inn.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Darrell L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Old Edwards Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!