“VERY Rude”

Sylva, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“VERY Rude”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was the first time in my life that I was cursed at in a store. To be fair, the store had many signs stating that children under the age of 13 were not allowed in. I had my daughter with me and needed maple syrup. I walked in. I broke the rule. With that out of the way, the person behind the register first told (not asked) me to leave, then cursed at me. Stay away from this place. (By the way, this was not my first time in this establishment... every time with my daughter.)

Visited June 2014
7 Thank srbrowning77

Knoxville, Tennessee
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Rude!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

At first we liked the store, but the man working there who I assume is "Colonel Mustard" was a total jerk. I noticed that there were lots of signs up in the store with grumpy sayings on them which should have been our first clue. We asked him where we could find a particular kind of guacamole dip and instead of being polite and showing us, he just pointed with what seemed like a bit of an attitude and walked away. Then when we went up to pay for the items we selected, he was not very friendly to us. The strip on our credit card is getting a little worn out and occasionally the cashier at some places has to manually enter the card number. He was very rude about this, refusing to enter the card number manually. He entered into a rude, verbal exchange with my boyfriend as we decided to leave the store and not purchase anything from him even though we had other forms of payment we could have used. I was tempted to go back in the store later and show him all the bags in my hand full of stuff we had purchased with the card that he was so rude about but ultimately decided he wasn't worth my time. I guess this guy just figures he is doing the world a huge favor by sitting on his butt selling sauces and being a jerk, though I must say that this does not seem like a good business model! If you are in the Highlands area and see this shop, I recommend skipping it.

Visited March 2014