“This was one of the best meals I have ever had!”

On the Veranda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
On the Veranda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Price range: US$24 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 64 West
Description: Fine dining serving Eclectic American Cuisine overlooking scenic lake Sequoyah in Highlands NC
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My wife and I dined at On The Verandah in Highlands, NC last night and had one of the best dining experiences ever. We got started with Lemon Drop Martinis, Fried Brie and a Baby Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad. Then we enjoyed one of, if not the best entrees I have every had - Blue Fin Tuna steak with Black Rice, Wasabi Puree and Pickled Ginger. Absolutely awesome! Tuna steak is one of my favorites and I have dined at eating establishments all over the US and in other countries but this meal was second to none. Not to mention that the service from Billy and Lexi was perfect and we finished off the night with Godiva Chocolate Creme Brulee. If you haven't dined there yet or haven't in a while - you need to.

1  Thank Jeff C

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Excellent menu, food and service! Always fresh and delicious!!! Great Sunday brunch, fabulous fresh trout and other seafood items are always wonderful. The salad bar for Sunday brunch is always different and very fresh. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. There is no prettier view in Highlands for a relaxing meal!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We went for the Sunday Brunch -- starts at 11 am. One of the best menus you will ever see.Only bad thing -- no way to decide what to order! We ended up with eggs over Crab Cakes for my wife and I had encrusted Mahi - WOW! and the Mimosa and soup and salad are included. Great setting overlooking the lake! A must if you go to Highlands!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

On the Verandah continues to be one of my favorite restaurants in the Highlands area! The menu is always exciting and the specials are always unique and flavorful. The view of the water is an added bonus, but the food is always what I go for. Everyone is friendly and helpful, they always go above and beyond to make the meal perfect. I also enjoy Sunday brunch when I am in town because there are no other places that compare.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I were just there two days ago with our family and we loved it! The river in front of us, was so serean and relaxing, the food was delicious...especially the firegrilled angus steak which you mush try!

Enjoy!