“Once again a wonderful expierence!”

On the Veranda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
On the Veranda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Price range: US$24 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 64 West
Description: Fine dining serving Eclectic American Cuisine overlooking scenic lake Sequoyah in Highlands NC
Reviewed 13 August 2010

On the Verandah is my favorite restaurant in Highlands and possibly anywhere! The new decor is lovely and the staff has great attitudes. My group was greeted warmly and despite being very busy, we were treated as though the only group there. The food was amazing and the chef came by to ensure everything was perfect. I will continue to frequent this restaurant whenever in Highlands and will also continue to recommend to friends and family. Keep up the great work!

2  Thank HighlandsDiner

Reviewed 13 August 2010

the service was excellent.Our waiter Craig was very attentive.I had the blue crab appetizer and the Thai shrimp for the main course.My wife had the phylo with cheese appetizer and the trout for a main course.The food was well presented and tasted great.There was a small mistake on my wife's appetizer but it was taken care of.They even compensated for the mistake on the bill.We had desert,drinks and coffee.The bill came to $122 for 2 which is fair for the service and quality of food.I would definately recommend the Veranda to other people.

2  Thank byme22
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Not impressed... We had reservations for 8 and were not seated until 8:20. I paid $27 for 7 shrimp and a very small portion of rice. I left the restaurant very hungry... Our server Kevin was terrible, we expected much better service for our "fine dining" experience. After he took our order he only came back to our table 3 times including to bring our check where he decided his service was worth 20%. We only had a party of 5 and he added 20%!?!

4  Thank rockne77
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I have eaten here before so we decided to go back. Love the food (but over priced and under served) and the atmosphere. If you have ever been to Highlands, you know that there is not much chance of eating out under $20 person. So we accept this, and try to pick a few of our favorites for our nights to splurge. We were greeted ever so warmly by our server Kevin on our last visit . We had already had drinks before dinner, so skipped wine. Once Kevin was told we would not be having wine, (and yes we are water drinkers for health, not to be cheap) we immediately got an attitude change from him. Our wine glasses were wisked off the table at a pace that made them clank and we rarely saw Kevin again, except to present us with our checks where 20% gratuity was already hand written in by him. Very annoying, since we would have given 20% anyways.....not to mention we only had a party of 5. I guess you automatically get pegged for being cheap if you don't drink wine??? How rude! If it weren't for the fact that this was where my husband and I ate the night we got engaged, I would probably never return again.

1  Thank MACONKJP
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Party of 5, arrived at 6, out no earlier than 8:30 (Tuesday night), $259 less in the wallet. Food OK but no where near worth the money. Kitchen seemed to be running very slow. Good wine list and a nice view, but I don't understand how any wait-staff can hurry around so much and get so little accomplished. And I really hate it when the waiter adds the tip on for you. Won't be back.

5  Thank fcacpa