“Meatloaf Beatloaf”

Meritage Bistro
Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Highlands
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Delicious Euro-Mediterranean cuisine, served in our delightful cool canopy garden or the mountain contemporary dining room. Chef-owned and operating in the Highlands market for 20 years. Meritage is located two blocks off main in a peaceful mountain location with a relaxed vibe and some of the best food in Highlands! Come join us!
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had the pleasure of dining here. The property was Ghangri last year and Wild Thyme before that. We had a lobster and pasta dish that was to die for (as apparently some huge lobster did) and the meatloaf sandwich. It was pretty good too but I would have liked it to be bigger and greasier like Dan Marino's in Lauderdale used to be before they shuttered. It was still really good though. Let me tell you about the service. Simply flawless. The girl that waited on us was perfect. When I was just thinking, "Hey, I'd like another glass of wine", Shazam!, there she was like some kind of mind reader or some super-hero waitress. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank SweetTizzyT

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just two blocks off Main Street in Highlands sits Meritage Bistro. Like a lot of the restaurants in Highlands, it offers a focused menu full of flavor. The service was outstanding and the meal, chicken, was as good as any I've had in the higher priced restaurants of Highlands. Do yourself a favor when your in Highlands and visit Meritage Bistro for dinner.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited Highlands last weekend. A really nice local resident recommended Meritage. It was fantastic. It was easy to get in to eat dinner. There were several menu items that sounded wonderful. I had a seafood special. My husband had the duck. We both thought our dishes were delicious! The service was excellent also.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Located on a quiet street. I love dining under the red umbrellas and Italian lights, sound of twittering birds instead of traffic. Subtly romantic.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Tried the new restaurant Meritage and loved it! The food, ambience and service were first rate. The owner came over to our table and introduced himself...very friendly.... very reasonable prices for the Highlands. It is located where Wild Thyme used to be.