“Fantastic!”

Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 5th Street
Description: Internationally recognized Chef Wolfgang invites you to dine in his garden pavilion or by the fireside in a historic home. Nestled amongst the rhododendrons on the historic main street of Highlands. . Wolfgang's is the recipient of the Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" for the past years, our wine list features over 800 wines. Eclectic Contemporary American Cuisine with a New Orleans flair, Seafood and Steaks. . "Our State" magazine named Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro the place you must eat in Macon County. Featured in Southern Living, Southern Accents, WNC Magazine, and Outside Magazine. Chef Wolfgang Green was the Executive Chef for the Brennan Family of Commander's Palace. Elected Member of Academy of Chefs Certified Executive Chef Member Texas Culinary Olympic Team Voted Jamaican and Texas Chef of the Year and Chaine des Rotisseurs.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This fantastic restaurant never disappoints. Whether it be an early dinner in the Bistro of chilled Caesar salad, baby lamb chops, or braised short ribs with mashed pots and collards, or from the dinner menu, the trout, the lamb, the steak, or "The Tomahawk Chop with Lobster"! Hubby and I had this wonderful special last night and I can't find words to express how wonderful it was. The presentation is so impressive, Chef Wolfgang comes tableside to cut the meat off the bone and prepare the lobster tail.Adrian is an excellent server( as are all the staff) and as always, Robbie Lang provides the best experience!

1  Thank Paula P

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Being in the North Carolina mountains was a pleasure. Finding a great German restaurant in this small town was quite a surprise. My wife had their trout dinner; I decided on their "German sampler" -- what a treat. We've been in Germany, eaten in their restaurants. We know what authentic German food should taste like ~~ so does Wolfgang ! The meal was excellent. Even the china - real German. Worth a visit

1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is the second time we have eaten here-we came here 2 yrs. ago for a weekend and could not wait to return. I had the beef short ribs-again. They were the best and even thought they have a choice of 1 or 2 ribs I do not know how anyone could eat 2 of them. My husband had the trout and it was flavorful. The service here is great. It s a cool evening, so we ate inside, thought it is open to the outdoors. For a Wednesday night and before the season starts, it was still pretty busy. It is worth the trip just to have a meal here.

1  Thank paulav
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a Highlands must! The atmosphere is quiet and intimate yet fun. They have a great wine list. I had the crab cakes while my friend had a wonderful steak. Both dished were very flavorful. If you are in the Highlands area - eat here. When the weather is nice they have great outdoor dining too.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I had our Rehearsal Dinner at Wolfgang's in early March 2014. We had 97 guests so we took over the entire restaurant/bar and fit perfectly. We were able to have pre-dinner cocktails both outside and in the back bar area. We then moved into the restaurant/main bar for dinner. The atmosphere was ideal for a Rehearsal Dinner in the mountains - romantic, intimate and elegant - which was impressive considering our number of guests! More importantly, the food was phenomenal. Our friends/family are still taking about how amazing the food was - from the delicious appetizers (pecan-crusted shrimp, lamb pops) to the entrees (perfectly cooked filet - medium rare is what we requested and fresh fish topped with crabmeat and béarnaise sauce) to the dessert (strawberries Romanoff - first time most guests tried this and it was a huge hit!). The food and service we received were both off the charts. My husband and I have been to a ton of weddings and rehearsal dinners (as have our guests). Everyone thought our Rehearsal Dinner was one of, if not the, best Rehearsal Dinners they've experienced. It's never easy to pull off a group meal - but Wolfgangs did it flawlessly. The evening was just what we wanted and we couldn't be happier. Plus we loved working with Mindy, Wolfgang and Robbie! The 3 of them were amazing in helping create a perfect evening for us. I've planned a ton of events so I'm not the easiest customer (high expectations) - but they were great and went above and beyond in helping create the evening we wanted. Many thanks to Wolfgang, Mindy, Robbie and all of the staff!