“Great short ribs.”

Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 5th Street
Description: Internationally recognized Chef Wolfgang invites you to dine in his garden pavilion or by the fireside in a historic home. Nestled amongst the rhododendrons on the historic main street of Highlands. . Wolfgang's is the recipient of the Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" for the past years, our wine list features over 800 wines. Eclectic Contemporary American Cuisine with a New Orleans flair, Seafood and Steaks. . "Our State" magazine named Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro the place you must eat in Macon County. Featured in Southern Living, Southern Accents, WNC Magazine, and Outside Magazine. Chef Wolfgang Green was the Executive Chef for the Brennan Family of Commander's Palace. Elected Member of Academy of Chefs Certified Executive Chef Member Texas Culinary Olympic Team Voted Jamaican and Texas Chef of the Year and Chaine des Rotisseurs.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I rarely get anything other than the short ribs. The are the best I've ever had. Their onion soup is great too. Service is always good. Wolfgang routinely stops by everyone's table to see how good it was.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A friend of mine who lives in town recommended Wolfgangs to me. That was a very good opportunity that was not missed. my New York strip steak was succulent and cooked to perfection. the waitstaff was very concerned that my dining experience was top notch, hence, very professional approach. It was a very nice touch that Wolfgang himself came out to the table to check on me. I will definitely return with my friends. A great dining experience! Pass the good news forward.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I can't deny I love this restaurant! It's a must-stop for a delicious meal, wonderful atmosphere and hospitality, and great libations anytime...and even more than once...when in Highlands. During my most recent trip, I loved sitting in the Bistro in a comfy chair while enjoying drinks and my meal...the always fabulous wiener schnitzel. It's one of those places you want the night and the meal to go on for days...along with a bottomless appetite and non-expanding waistline. ;) Needless to say, I highly recommend this wonderful culinary corner in this beautiful city for a single diner, romantic evening, or group you must delight and impress.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to get away for the day. We chose Wolfgangs for dinner. The food, service, everything was top notch. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The staff could not be more accommodating, even to the point of making sure our sheltie pup is welcome and the heaters are warming the patio for us on those cool Highlands nights. The sommelier offers great wine advice. My husband loved the porcini crusted Seabass. Wolfgang's is definitely our very favorite Highlands Restaurant.