We stayed in a double queen room in the newer section by the "creek". We found the room very comfortable and the decor was a nice rustic theme but fresh and updated. The fireplace in the room was nice but I wish we could keep it on for longer periods of time. The mini kitchen included a frig, micro and sink. The bathroom was small but ample for a short stay with a shower in the bathtub and a single sink and some toiletries provided and hair dryer handy.
We thought the continental breakfast was nice and made it easy to grab some grub and still get an early start to enjoy the nearby waterfalls and the town of Highlands.
Our disappointment was the location of the room. We had hopes of waking up to the peaceful sound of a creek bubbling and gurgling right outside our room. There wasn't much of a creek, not at all what you come to expect in a mountain stay when you reserve a creekside room, and the only sounds we heard were lots of cars going by on the road right outside our room, early in the morning and it certainly wasn't peaceful. We were on the room on the very end of the newer section and are not sure if the other rooms in that section were any better and we were only there for an overnight so we didn't get to see much of the rest of the property. It's a shame because we liked the room and the staff was very nice and helpful and we enjoyed chatting with them.
So, we are not sure if we will stay there, again because of the traffic noise and think we could find a place that is more peaceful and with better views. Other than that problem, it was a nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages is nestled by a small mountain stream and lake only 2 blocks from Main Street in Highlands, NC. Accommodations include a secluded lob cabin with fireplace, kitchen and Jacuzzi overlooking a small mountain lake, to a suite with some of the same amenities located in the Cedar Lodge, the newest building on the property. If you want a great rate, try one of the Standard Rooms. Free wireless internet access, free continental breakfast on the weekends. We hope to see you soon. "It's Like Coming Home" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitchell`s Lodge And Cottages
- Mitchell`s Lodge & Cottages Hotel Highlands
- Mitchells Hotel Highlands
- Mitchells Motel Highlands