“Mitchell's was a real find!”

Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Knoxville, TN
“Mitchell's was a real find!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My sister-in-law and I decided to escape for a couple days and a friend of mine recommended Mitchell's in Highlands. My sister-in-law is pretty picky when it comes to hotels as far as cleanliness goes and I was a little nervous that she wouldn't be happy with my choice. Boy was I pleased when we got there. Natalie had been just wonderful to work with when I was trying to decide about the room, so I was very pleased when she was actually working the day we checked in. I chose room 19, which is a corner unit. I would recommend it to anyone. The beds were comfortable. We had no problem with wi-fi. The fridge, sink & microwave were nice to have. There was one of those tiny coffeemakers, but I always travel with a full-size coffeemaker if it's a leasurely trip, so I was prepared. We stopped and got a couple of muffins the night before and had muffins and coffee in our room before setting out to look for waterfalls. The towels were a little thin, but it certainly wasn't anything to keep us from returning. The room under us, I believe it's 25, would be a good choice too. We took a peak at one of the cabins (I think it was #1, but I'm not positive) and we both decided that we might try a cabin next trip - and there will be another trip! Weekday prices during off-season are an excellent deal. You can trust the excellent reviews here on TripAdvisor and the pictures on Mitchell's website.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DebInTN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Mitchell's in November of 2013. We liked it so much we decided to take another trip to highlands. This time we stayed two night. The rates go down on weekdays. The staff is always friendly and willing to help. We requested the same room that we did last time and they reserved it for us. Rooms are clean and large, nice fireplace. I would stay again and again and again . If you like the old lodge look this place is for you.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank ladybug59
Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed one night. This place is fantastic. It has the rustic cabin lodge look inside and out. Our room had a fireplace and a nice porch. The beds were comfortable and room was clean. The office staff was very helpful, you even get a nice continental breakfast in the morning. If you like the lodge look, this place is for you. I would stay again. The price was right to.

Room Tip: fireplace in room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
atlanta
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My family comes to Highland , North Carolina each year to spend a weekend and cut our own Christmas tree. Each year, we stay at Mitchell's and have been rewarded with a great memory and excellent kickoff to the Christmas season. The lodges are a throwback and though they are not modern, they provide a warm and comfortable atmosphere in this quaint town. The staff is absolutely the best - friendly, accommodating and some of the nicest people to deal with. My family highly recommends the Lodge, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank beecee24
Fort Meade, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in cabin with my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful stay. The cabin we stayed in had a king size bed, a living room with a gas fireplace and a kitchen. Very nice family owned lodge. Highly recommend as an affordable vacation getaway!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed in Highlands at this hotel for 2 weeks for work. They are very polite and helpful. The rooms have everything that you need. There is a grocery store right around the corner. The place is beautiful. The only down size if they still have tube tv's and we were told that these are upgrades from TV's from 2 year's ago. The kitchen is fully stocked with plates, cups and silverware and comes with dish soap to clean any dirty dishes. I will defiantly be back in a few weeks and stay back here. :)

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a family I would request a suite as there is a living room and also a bed...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed two nights at Mitchell's in October 2013. We had a great time, the rooms were comfortable, the view was wonderful (like being in a tree house of fall foliage) and the staff was helpful and friendly. I have a dietary issue and the hotel provided me with gluten free bread for breakfast. Doesn't get much nicer than that. There is also a great grocery store behind the inn. We bought fresh fish fillets and cooked out on the grill on the lodge grounds. With a full moon and cool crisp air it was heavenly!!! I have saved this lodge in my contacts for a return next fall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
#5 of 7 in Highlands
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages? Share your experiences!