“Very clean and pretty”

Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed only one night. Our room was very clean. We had a balcony room at the lodge. Gas log fireplace. Would stay here again. It was easy to find and close to town without being too close to busy traffic and noises of the town

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Ever since I found out that dogs are NOT allowed on the trails in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, I have been searching for a place that is surrounded by beautiful forests AND pet friendly. MY SEARCH IS OVER!! The staff (especially Natalie) were friendly and very helpful. Natalie loves dogs and made Beagle and me fell VERY welcome. I rented a cottage. It was roomy, clean and comfortable. It has a huge deck. There are 4 rocking chairs, a picnic table and there was still ample room to move around. After a long day of hiking, it was nice to sit on the very peaceful deck and relax at night.
There are many waterfalls and hiking trails in this area. There are two grocery stores in Highlands that have basic foods PLUS gourmet foods (cheeses, pates, great wine selections, etc). When I go to the mountains, I will stay at Mitchell's!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My sister-in-law and I decided to escape for a couple days and a friend of mine recommended Mitchell's in Highlands. My sister-in-law is pretty picky when it comes to hotels as far as cleanliness goes and I was a little nervous that she wouldn't be happy with my choice. Boy was I pleased when we got there. Natalie had been just wonderful to work with when I was trying to decide about the room, so I was very pleased when she was actually working the day we checked in. I chose room 19, which is a corner unit. I would recommend it to anyone. The beds were comfortable. We had no problem with wi-fi. The fridge, sink & microwave were nice to have. There was one of those tiny coffeemakers, but I always travel with a full-size coffeemaker if it's a leasurely trip, so I was prepared. We stopped and got a couple of muffins the night before and had muffins and coffee in our room before setting out to look for waterfalls. The towels were a little thin, but it certainly wasn't anything to keep us from returning. The room under us, I believe it's 25, would be a good choice too. We took a peak at one of the cabins (I think it was #1, but I'm not positive) and we both decided that we might try a cabin next trip - and there will be another trip! Weekday prices during off-season are an excellent deal. You can trust the excellent reviews here on TripAdvisor and the pictures on Mitchell's website.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DebInTN
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Mitchell's in November of 2013. We liked it so much we decided to take another trip to highlands. This time we stayed two night. The rates go down on weekdays. The staff is always friendly and willing to help. We requested the same room that we did last time and they reserved it for us. Rooms are clean and large, nice fireplace. I would stay again and again and again . If you like the old lodge look this place is for you.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank ladybug59
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed one night. This place is fantastic. It has the rustic cabin lodge look inside and out. Our room had a fireplace and a nice porch. The beds were comfortable and room was clean. The office staff was very helpful, you even get a nice continental breakfast in the morning. If you like the lodge look, this place is for you. I would stay again. The price was right to.

Room Tip: fireplace in room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My family comes to Highland , North Carolina each year to spend a weekend and cut our own Christmas tree. Each year, we stay at Mitchell's and have been rewarded with a great memory and excellent kickoff to the Christmas season. The lodges are a throwback and though they are not modern, they provide a warm and comfortable atmosphere in this quaint town. The staff is absolutely the best - friendly, accommodating and some of the nicest people to deal with. My family highly recommends the Lodge, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank beecee24
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in cabin with my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful stay. The cabin we stayed in had a king size bed, a living room with a gas fireplace and a kitchen. Very nice family owned lodge. Highly recommend as an affordable vacation getaway!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Highlands Inn Lodge
Highlands Inn Lodge
#7 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.

Address: 264 Dillard Rd, Highlands, NC 28741-6672
Region: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Mountains > Highlands
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Price Range: £60 - £114 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc. 2*
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages is nestled by a small mountain stream and lake only 2 blocks from Main Street in Highlands, NC. Accommodations include a secluded lob cabin with fireplace, kitchen and Jacuzzi overlooking a small mountain lake, to a suite with some of the same amenities located in the Cedar Lodge, the newest building on the property. If you want a great rate, try one of the Standard Rooms. Free wireless internet access, free continental breakfast on the weekends. We hope to see you soon. "It's Like Coming Home" ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mitchell`s Lodge And Cottages