“Convenience, but intermittent wifi”
Review of Highlands Inn

Highlands Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
South Carolina
“Convenience, but intermittent wifi”
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Cute room in old hotel. However, if you depend on wifi go elsewhere. Good location right downtown. Friendly staff. Breakfast with good selections included. Coffee maker in room didn't work, but coffee available after 6am in lobby.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Natchez, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I just left from a wonderful, comfortable and cozy stay at The Highlands Inn. My attic room had three windows which let in light and cool mountain air. I overlooked main street which was nice. The management were all very helpful and polite. I felt safe each night coming in alone and staying by myself. After three nights I hated to leave my cute room. Shower was great, lots of hot water, nights are quiet.... No complaints, would stay again and recommend this for everyone!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 34...just picked it from the pictures online. I thought that was a nice way to do...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank gailnatchez
Tucker, Georgia
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We recently celebrated our 50th anniversary at the Highlands Inn in Highlands,NC. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the Rock Garden. The room was very nice, the breakfast was excellent and the staff was wonderful. We parked our car and never started it until we checked out. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet step back in time.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room on the first floor, no elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank c0mmanderray
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2012

It is always a treat to visit historic buildings and especially to eat or sleep in them. The rooms, dining and lounge areas of the Highlands Inn were gracious and welcoming. My cousins delighted in checking out the many antiques. Highlands Inn has preserved the old with the cleanliness and many comforts we enjoy of the new, not to mention the nightly cookies. The staff was personal, great and the luncheon provided for the baby shower was so very nice.

The Inn is a Heavenly Small Historic Hotel. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank GranMaryJeanette
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 7 July 2012

overpowering mold smell. we decided to bail on this place and eat the cost rather than stay two nights.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank j355ga
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Great place! Room was fantastic! Loved the porch and views of the garden. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Michael B
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My husband and I had booked 10 days at this hotel, but after the first night there we cancelled the rest of our reservation. The closet was tiny and the shower (no tub) did not drain well at all. By time I finished my short shower the water had pooled to the top of the shower floor. It was very noisy - every truck, car and motorcycle that went by (constantly) made it impossible to sleep in. On the plus side, the staff at the front desk were very nice and even tried to find us another room. Disappointing all in all.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank DSS39
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Highlands Inn? Share your experiences!