“Excellant customer service”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hillsborough
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Excellant customer service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Mr. and Mrs. Desai provide excellent customer service at the Hillsborough Holiday Inn Express. The staff and management worked hard to welcome us. Mrs. Desai worked hard at the breakfast and thanked each customer for staying with them. She made sure that each customer had what they needed for breakfast. The entire staff was friendly and worked to insure the customer was taken care of. This was a quiet and very comfortable hotel. Costumer service was excellant

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Orleans
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our summer drive to Maine. Staff was just lovely and seemed to genuinely care if we enjoyed our stay unlike many more expensive hotels. The location was perfect-just minutes to the center of Hillsbourough. We will most certainly be back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tonya S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hillsborough, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Greetings Katie K Thank you so much your post. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. We do care a great deal about you and making sure your stay is a delight. Many Thanks Tanya - Front Desk Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Holiday Inn Express is a typical, suburban, out-of-the-way inexpensive hotel, and I had no unrealistic expectations. It was by and large clean and comfortable, and the rooms tidy and neat. Again, I know you get what you pay for. The problem is not with the property. It is with the business ethics of the management on site.

I reserved 4 rooms many months in advance at the published rate. I received not one, but several confirmations of the room rate and total price. They even debited my credit card for a deposit several months before my stay. Upon checkout, they charged my credit card 25% MORE than the confirmation price.

When I questioned them about the overcharge, they simply stopped responding to emails. Corporate IHG couldn't even get them to respond.

In this day and age of online ratings and reviews, I am surprised that any business thinks it can get away with such unethical behavior. You may not have any problem with your stay at this property, but be forewarned to check and double-check your bill upon leaving. And if you find a discrepancy, don't expect the management to make it right.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Harold O
Tonya S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hillsborough, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Harold O,

Please know your concerns have been heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The entire staff at Holiday Inn Hillsborough takes customer satisfaction serious. Despite our efforts to demonstrate how much we value each of our guest, sometimes we miss the mark. I am personally disappointed we did not meet your expectation.

Apologetically,
Tonya Strong
Front Desk Manager
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I reserved and prepaid for a non-smoking room. When we arrived only smoking rooms were available and they smelled terrible. We had a hard time sleeping. No concessions were made for the issue. I don't know what I would have done if we had asthma or other respiratory problems. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Kcjmiddle
Hello Kristen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We have various room options to meet the diverse needs of our guest. You can imagine a large number of travelers check in and out of this hotel. Our hope is that everyone will feel at home. So room selection during reservation is critical. On some website "standard room” does not guarantee a non smoking room. Most nights we can alter room types during check in provided we have non smoking rooms available.

I am sorry you were assigned a smoking room. For a non smoker, that is miserable.

Please know we are staffed 24 hours locally. A Guest Service Rep is available to reserve rooms. By calling our property directly, we can address specific request (often times pre block room number). So please give us another chance should your travel plans bring you back in the area.

All the Best,
Tanya
Front Desk Manager
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here overnight after a transAtlantic flight. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and well maintained. The biggest surprise was at breakfast, which although a self-service buffet, had instant pancakes, sausage, bacon, muffins, etc etc. I had been expecting a coffee and donut. The reception service was very friendly and helpful- the famous southern hospitality that you often read about.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel is very convenient for I-85 & I-40, so if you don't mind driving a few minutes it's a good option for visiting the Chapel Hill - Durham area. It's close to I-85, but I didn't notice any significant highway noise. The room I was in was a good size, and very clean (I'm fussy about that). The only thing that bothered me was the stupid flush-limiter they had put in the cistern -- it limits the flush to about a quarter of the cistern's capacity. Really, now.

Hillsborough is a nice little town, there are quite a few good dining options (as well as fast food). The hotel's breakfast was surprisingly decent; even the coffee was drinkable. (Not my usual experience!)

So all in all, not perfect, but a very reasonable option for a short stay in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front (parking lot side) might be quieter than the highway side.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cs_east
Tonya S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hillsborough, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Greeting CS_mass Thank you for the review. We are tucked away in Hillsborough centrally located to Chapel Hill, Durham and Burlington. We are a real value for travelers visiting the NC Tiad and Triangle areas. Sincerely, Tanya-Front Desk Manager
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting family close by. We could not have been happier! The service was everything one could want–hands-on, attentive, and friendly. Our room was extremely pleasant and well-arranged, and we loved having a refrigerator. All parts of the hotel were spotlessly fresh and clean. And, we loved Hillsborough! We look forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello Melinda M (Lawrence, Kansas) It was truly a pleasure serving you and your family. We are thankful you shared your favorable experience. It's what we aim for: exceeding the expectation of our guest. Appreciatively Tanya, Front Desk Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsborough
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough
Hilton Durham near Duke University
Holiday Inn Express Mebane
Hampton Inn Mebane
Hampton Inn Mebane
#1 of 2 in Mebane
Courtyard Durham Near Duke University/Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hillsborough? Share your experiences!