“DELICIOUS!!!!”

Hillsborough BBQ Company
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have never been disappointed with anything here! They have the best brisket and green beans!! My husband loves the catfish and my dad ( who is very picky) loved the BBQ!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The BBQ Company is to be commended for helping revitalize west Hillsborough. It's a very friendly, comfortable spot and the outdoor seating makes the whole block seem more approachable.

I like the brisket and most of the sides. They don't do as well with pork as other places in the area though.

It's a convenient spot if you're in the neighborhood but we rarely go there as a destination.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I attended a wedding that served Hillsborough BBQ for the reception. We had pork, brisket, green slaw, Mac n cheese, and corn bread. It was all wonderful and all but the last 2 items were gluten free. Highly recommend this restaurants excellent food.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Came to Hillsborough to visit a recommended pet shop and found this place next door.
We sat outside at the picnic tables with our dogs and had an enjoyable lunch. Good BBQ with your choice of sauce on the side to customize it just the way "you" like it. Friendly and attentive wait staff.
Will likely stop here again the next time we come to the pet store.
BTW... We also recommend the pet store next door...."Paws at the Corner"!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

While traveling around North Carolina with my son, brother and cousin we stopped at my daughter's home in Hillsborough. When lunch time came around we visited this restaurant at her suggestion. After seeing rave reviews I was somewhat disappointed.

Way over priced for what you get. I had the leg and thigh chicken platter with slaw, hush puppies and fried okra. While the chicken was moist and tender it was covered in a bland BBQ sauce. North Carolina is known for it tangy BBQ sauce but I guess the chef here hasn't received the memo. The hush puppies were somewhat flavorless as were the fried okra. A little salt and pepper in the breading would have gone a long way.

My son had the brisket sandwich of which he offered me a taste. The beef was tender with a nice smokey, slow cooked flavor. I wish I would have ordered the brisket.

I did like the neighborhood that the restaurant is in. It appears that the city is trying to revitalize this block near the train tracks. Two ale houses have opened up next to the restaurant and appear to be well visited.

The staff here was friendly and attentive but my meal was disappointing.

I don't plan on going back to this place by choice.