Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillsborough
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I have stayed at the Microtel Inn in Hillsborough many times and it has always been a pleasant experience. I am always given the service I need. I would especially like to commend Tony because he is always friendly and helpful. He gives great customer service and it is always nice to see him.I have been to many hotels where the desk attendant are very rude and can make you feel uncomfortable even to walk outside. Tony makes you feel comfortable and is always very pleasant. I will recommend this hotel my friends and family when they come in town to visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2011

I recommend this inn for anyone looking for a quiet, clean, comfortable place to spend a couple of nights. After 25 years of professional travel, staying in motels and hotels all across the US I was pleasantly surprised. Also a fine value for the money (or at even a higher rate than $50 per room), the free breakfast was better than many, the room was large enough to fend of claustrophobia. The staff members were friendly and helpful for all needs, from directions to irons/ironing boards.

The motel is away from any busy roads so it is quiet, but close enough to major freeways to get you away quickly.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms, back were quiet and easy to access. The breakfast area didn't add any noise...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david w
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had to search for somewhere to stay for a family funeral we had to go to and Microtel and it's employees were more than obliging. The rate was better than good and the
hotel itself was very very very nice - and breakfast wasn't bad either. If I ever had to go back to Hillsborough this would be the place I would stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Just returned home from a trip to Hillsbourgh and a stay at this motel! Immediately was greeted and treated great by the manager on duty, Mr Tony Tapp. He was welcoming , friendly and helpful! The rooms was very clean and comfortable and always was cleaned by the time we returned for the day. Anything we needed was readily available by staff and management. Very comfortable, clean beds!
Hillsbourgh is an awesome town and my partner and I cannot wait to return to visit Tony and the town!
Thank you Tony. Not only did we receive the best customer service ever and we have stayed at a lot of hotels/motels, over the years, but we also feel that we have made a new friend in Tony! I hope his employer appreciates him as much as we did!

Room Tip: very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We enjoyed our stay so much. The manager Tony was very welcoming and went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. The rooms were very clean and the bed was so comfortable with good quality bedding! The breakfast was good and was kept replenished! The price is more than reasonable for such a top notch place. We will be back and look forward to seeing the manager Tony again! We feel like we not only had a perfect hotel experience but gained a friend, as well!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor and did not hear anyone above or below us
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The hotel was clean and the front desk guy was pleasant and fun to talk with. The breakfast was ok, not great, bu sufficent especially since it was free.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I am a travel agent for over 35 years, booked my room on line directly with Mictotel for 2 queen non smoking PET FRIENDLY room, held with my visa card. This was my third stay at this place arrived after a 10 1/2 hour drive in early evening and from the beginning TONY TAPP starts raising his voice at me asking how I booked the room and that it didn't say I had a pet friendly room.......acted as if he was doing me a FAVOR putting me in a room that was a total dump.....filthy ripped carpet, no clock, a/c barely worked, and pretty sure there were some bugs in the bed!! Next day asked to be moved and showed the person on duty my printed confirmation. On my arrival second evening there was a note on my door to come to front counter, TONY TAPP agains begins to YELL at me in front of other patrons and tells me I shouldn't have talked to his person that moring....ripped me a new one......next moring I went down to get the name of TONY TAPP's boss and after getting many lies they kicked me out since they didn't have any DOG FRIENDLY rooms!!
Guess a reservation means a lot......other people were having problems there also so it just wasn't me.........do yourself a favor, go down the road on sleep in your car at a rest stop.....I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO BADLY!! I had dealt with TONT TAPP the (assistant manager) in my earlier stays and was completely shocked by his attitude this time.......something is very wrong there and the place just keeps getting more and more run down.......now a letter to Wyhndam and Microtel and the HEALTH DEPARTMENT!!

Room Tip: TIP is there are NO best rooms!! D U M P
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
9  Thank foodpig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsborough
La Quinta Inn & Suites University Area Chapel Hill
Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park
Quality Inn Chapel Hill
Quality Inn Chapel Hill
#13 of 18 in Chapel Hill
SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Holiday Inn Express Durham
Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough? Share your experiences!