“A good room at half the price of the area competion”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillsborough
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed here in room 117 in July. The room was really nice for a budget type hotel. The staff was freindly. They did have a continiental breakfast. This Hotel is a little hard to find from the highway as their sign was not working that night. Just find the pizza hut and turn up the hill beside Pizza Hut and you're there . There is also a very good steak house on the left as you go up the hill to the Microtel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and as usual, Tony Tapp is an amazing manager who makes me and my loved ones feel right at home. Amazing sevice and a friendly caring person. That is why they will always get my business.

William Scott Shelton

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This is a classic you get what you pay for. Our room was clean but the carpet was very worn. There was a big hole in the middle of it. The room seemed a little crowded with 2 queen beds in it and the furniture seemed outdated. The night stand did not have a drawer, which I missed. Also, the room did not have an iron and ironing board, which I thought was pretty much standard now. On the plus side, there was a window seat which could double as a narrow bed which my son-in-law immediately claimed, not to sleep in but to use for computer programs he was working on. The bathroom was very clean; however, my daughter complained about a lack of water pressure in the shower. I did not have a problem with it. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was adequate, not much variety, but if you like the make-it-fresh-yourself waffles, you'll be happy. By the way, the room did not have a coffee-maker, but we don't drink coffee so that was okay. My main regret with this room is that I did not call the front desk about extremely noisy people in the room next door the second night we were there. They do have a policy of removing people if they receive 2 complaints and I guess I was a little afraid of some retaliation from those people if they were asked to leave. Again, not bad for the price, but not the best.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My wife had surgery before arrival and was in a lot of pain. The front desk was extremely helpful and kind. The room was fine and all we needed. They also have a very nice breakfast, and the hotel is within a 3 minute walk of several fast food restaurants and a steakhouse. I would heartily recommend this place to anyone who needs good accomodations at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My daughter had chemo n when got back had few incidents but he was great love his personailty ty again

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 9 May 2012

When we got there no one was at the front desk to check us in until some bushy haired guy comes out of the elevator eating and goes behind the front desk, still chewing. It was gross. We had asked for a non smoking room but was given a room where the halls and room smelled like smoke. We asked to change rooms and was given a room on the first floor that was marginally better. I complained to the night manager about it and he said "We are in North Carolina, what did you expect?". He was very rude and acted like he did not care. Our rooms all had stained, smelly carpeted floors, no towels,small beds that when you put your luggage on them, it rolls to the middle. I have never stayed at a microtel hotel before and i never will again

Room Tip: stay in durham, its worth the drive than stay here. I know I am a picky lady, but i just want a fair...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Elayne and Jean... P
Reviewed 29 April 2012

the beds were lumpy and sagging in the middle, the grounds were dirty and full of cigarette butts, we asked for a nonsmoking room but got one anyway, the room really smelled. we were here for a soccer tourney and the night manager with the Bozo haircut was rude, insensitive and kept talking about another guest and how he was going to fix him. I would hate to have this psycho on my case. I can't believe as customers we should have to put up with this type of treatment. Our entire group, after finding out that several rooms were overbooked, it was not our fault also, agreed we would never stay here at this microtel ever again.

Room Tip: Third floor smells really bad, makes you want to puke.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TheGulfBeachInn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsborough
Hampton Inn Mebane
Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park
Chapel Hill University Inn
Chapel Hill University Inn
#7 of 18 in Chapel Hill

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough? Share your experiences!