“Beautiful Beach!” 5 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Holden Beach is so beautiful and not very commercialized. You can walk to the end of the island and enjoy walking on sand bars and play in tide pools when the tide us out. Good restaurants and shopping are within a shirt driving distance to either Southport or Wilmington. It's a lovely place to stay !

3 Thank dchavon

Fayetteville, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Loved this beach!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just the most relaxing beach on the NC coast. Period. The best part is that FAMILIES rent the houses, so there's NOT going to be a ton of kids and folks drinking. We want a clean and quiet beach that is good for families and this one is it!!

1 Thank CTopher81
Dandridge, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We loved Holden Beach. If you're looking for a quiet, laid back beach trip, this is the place! There are just a couple restaurants on the island and a couple ice cream shops. It's not busy like some beach towns. It's very quiet and relaxing. The restaurants have live entertainment on the weekends. Other than that, fishing, swimming and beach walking are about all there is to do on Holden. It was perfect for my family as all we like to do while on vacation is lay on the beach!

3 Thank bsweeten01
Dover
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great place to vacation with your family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The thing I love most about Holden Beach is that it is not commercialized. It is calm, inviting and very family friendly. My family has vacationed there for several years now and love it more every year. If you want a busy hopping atmosphere like Mrytle and some of the larger beaches then you would probably not like Holden as well as we do. But for us, we cook in most nights and just enjoy the view without having to rush anywhere. There is a nice grocery with decent prices just off the bridge on the mainland.

If you catch the right time of year they have turtle nests on the island. Last year there was one right in front of our boardwalk to the beach from our house and the kids loved walking by each time to see if they would hatch. (we were not that lucky as they hatched about a week after we left).

Overall a great place to visit and we usually reserve a house for the following year before we even leave the island.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank James A
Charlotte, North Carolina
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Like coming home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

As my next trip to Holden Beach comes closer and closer, I always get so excited! When I drive over the beautiful arching bridge, I feel like I'm coming home! My family and I have been coming to Holden Beach since 1985, and I'm so thankful for each experience. It is definitely not a flashy, busy place, but instead, a family oriented, laid-back, kick your shoes off and enjoy kind of beach. Be sure and enjoy Ocean Blvd. Coffee (on the beach), Sugarbritches on the Causeway, Provisions, and Lockwood Folly Marketplace at 48 Stone Chimney Road. Holden Beach can quickly become a home away from home!

Visited April 2014