“Romantic charming beautiful setting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Mountain Magnolia Inn, Suites & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 5 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Are you staying in Hot Springs for a few days? Then stay at Mountain Magnolia Inn. Walking distance to town. The yard is beautiful and overlooks the mountains in the distance.

We did not eat supper here so can not vouch for it. We spent two nights and had breakfast each morning. The breakfast was exactly what I expect at a B&B. Buffett style but very good.

The Rose room was pretty and had a deck to set on. A nice Saturday morning just looking out over the grounds.

The staff was friendly. Pete was really nice..

The thing about a B&B is that I go expecting that things are a bit more laid back and the staff may not "jump" at every little request. We are not in NY city, so I do not expect NY city "snap my finger and there is some there to hold the door" type service. I say this for I think some people who read & write these posts for get that a B&B in the middle of the mountains is not about hustle and bustle but instead about relaxing and just forgetting about work and all that other stuff.

Once you are in the right mind set then you become part of the surroundings and are truly able to enjoy the moment.

Pricey? A bit, but then again this is not Motel 6. So since this is not what I do every weekend then it is a nice pleasant spurge for my wife and I. Will we do it again? Sure, for there will be a special occasion or just a need to get away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Petenagle, Owner at Mountain Magnolia Inn, Suites & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thanks for the nice review. It does take a while to get into the slower pace of a small mountain town. But once you do, things feel different. I find a trip to Gentry Hardware a 2 minute walk away from the inn helps.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had high hopes for this restaurant, based on the reviews. The service was wonderful, and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. The building is lovely and full of historical charm. However, the food was not what I was expecting based on the phenomenal reviews - or the prices.

The salmon I ordered was mostly overcooked. Maybe too close to the heat? Maybe someone forgot to keep an eye on it? Only about 1/4 of the portion was cooked just right. If you've ever choked down dry, overcooked salmon, you'll understand why it was not an enjoyable meal. The rice and vegetable side it was served over was quite tasty. For $28 though, I expected a perfectly prepared dish - all the way through. The mushroom consomme was very "homey" - the broth reminded me of my grandmother's homemade soup. Dessert, the creme brulee, was absolutely delicious - as was the coffee (a small detail, but an important one).

Would I return? Not likely. I will gladly pay more for a great meal. I do, however, balk when the food doesn't live up to the hype - or the bill. We would have been happier just getting dessert.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Petenagle, Owner at Mountain Magnolia Inn, Suites & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Sorry you had less than an exceptional experience. Salmon is one food that needs to be perfectly cooked to be it's best - sounds like we took our eye of the balls so to speak. Aside from the salmon, I'm glad you otherwise had an enjoyable dinner and that the service was good and rest of your meal was good.

Pete Nagle

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The hotel in a lovely building full of character and charm. Its situated just on the edge of Hot Springs, and a short walk takes you to the middle of the town, which has several bars and restaurants for such a small place.
Our room was huge, beautifully furnished with with a small balcony, overlooking the garden. Breakfast was home cooked, and absolutely delicious. The owners and staff were friendly and helpful, We would highly recommend staying at the Magnolia.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Woodsy1878
Petenagle, Owner at Mountain Magnolia Inn, Suites & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thanks for the great review. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Pete was incredibly hospitable!! The main Inn is beautiful and their property by the river was amazing. I would definitely stay there again. Great for a family or a romantic get-away. The breakfast is included and is all "Home Made Cookin". The Strawberry Pancakes were amazing!!

Room Tip: The Birds Nest has an amazing view of the river from both the living room and family room windows al...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
pete1nagle, Owner at Mountain Magnolia Inn, Suites & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Cute title. Great review. Thanks!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Mountain Magnolia Inn was the venue for our daughter's wedding August 3, 2013. It was a beautiful setting. The wedding was small but everyone who attended was impressed and enjoyed the surroundings. The staff was helpful and the rooms were very comfortable. My husband and I along with our son's family stayed in the The Garden House which was great because it was close to the Inn and nice and big. Enjoyed the great food served at breakfast.
The Staff, Wedding Coordinator, the Bakery, the Florist, and the Photographer provided everything that my daughter had requested. This takes pressure from everyone since you
are communicating through e-mails. Could not have ask for a more cooperative group of vendors. I hope to return and enjoy the Inn during the Spring or Fall sometime. Helen Nichols

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen N
pete1nagle, Owner at Mountain Magnolia Inn, Suites & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

I am so pleased to hear you are so happy with your wedding experience at the Inn. When you said our team had , " unmatched kindness, professionalism, hospitality, and service..." you made my day. I will share this with our entire staff and I know they will appreciate your kind words.

Pete Nagle

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had a wonderful weekend at Mountain Magnolia Inn while attending Wild Goose Festival 2013. The grounds are beautiful. The Sycamore Room was comfortable. I especially enjoyed watching the swarms of butterflies. The only thing better than the rack of lamb was the homemade ice cream served with the fruit tart.

Room Tip: Next time we will pick a room with a balcony. The mountains are beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoisBatson
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband and I chose Mountain Magnolia Inn for our wedding in April 2013, and it was the best choice I made after saying "yes" to his proposal.

Our wedding coordinator was accessible and kind, and really listened to our needs for the wedding. The rooms were beautiful and well-appointed, and everything in the inn and grounds felt authentic and comfortable.

The inn-keepers did an amazing job making us feel welcome and helping our special day be perfect.

The food was amazing and the service was equally matched. After spending the day in the nearby spring, it was great to come back to inn and just relax on the hammocks and take in the most perfect view. The inn is located behind the small main street, with great restaurants and a general store for odds and ends.

One of the best part of our wedding package was our photographer. Sarah met with my Maid of Honor a few hours before the wedding, and helped with all the last minute details of my dress, hair, and makeup. The pictures she captured will last a lifetime, and she went above and beyond to make our little wedding party enjoy every moment of the ceremony.

The entire team of the Inn is exquisite, with unmatched kindness, professionalism, hospitality, and service. The Inn has become part of our wedding story, and we look forward to returning year after year for the beautiful mountains, springs, and service.

I will always enjoy and cherish our time at the Inn.

Nina Spinelli

Room Tip: Cell phone reception may be spotty, so be sure your family and friends have the number for the inn i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nina S

I inadvertently responded to A Weekend of Special Memories when I intended to respond to your post. Thanks for the nice words and excuse my boo boo.

Pete

Been to Mountain Magnolia Inn, Suites & Restaurant? Share your experiences!