“Worked Out All the Kinks After the Hike”

Hot Springs Resort and Spa
Loganville, Georgia
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Worked Out All the Kinks After the Hike”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I gave the Hot Springs Spa another try after another section hike of the Appalachian Trail – Allen Gap to Hot Springs. This was a much more pleasant experience. I did not book ahead because I did not know what time I would come off the AT. I walked in and was given a choice of three hot tubs. I wanted creek-side, so I chose #12 (I wanted # 17, but it was booked). Tube 12 has a view of the hot spring pipes coming across the creek. No showers are available at the facility; however, a garden hose is available at each tube with the hot magic water to hose off before getting into the tube. I was so relaxed I could not take the full hour because of the 4 hour drive ahead of me. I shall return when I hike the next section north of Allen Gap.

Visited June 2014

Golden, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Not as nice as it used to be...”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We've been coming here for years to enjoy the soak and scenery and to relax. This past visit was disappointing - the pools weren't as clean as they have been in the past and it was sooo crowded there was no room in the locker room to even sit to change clothes. No soap in the showers, the hot water was only luke warm and that was intermingled with colder water...brrrr! Add to that a snooty staff and we won't be coming back for a long time.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank bmrchk
Charleston, South Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Loved the hot soak”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I loved the idea of being pampered with massage or body treatments followed by soaking in therapeutic thermal waters coming up from deep within the earth nestled by the raging, beautiful French Broad River. HOWEVER, my preconceived idea of the aesthetics of the place was a far cry from reality. I had envisioned lush gardens surrounding pools of hot water encased in granite flanked by small, private, candle lit cabanas for massage rooms as a fan blew gentle breezes and the babbling river entranced you to sleep. Well not so fast! The entrance was indeed constructed of white pre civil war brick with some plants here & there, then after a long dusty drive in the blazing sun and approaching what looks like a short doublewide trailer, try to find a shady parking space. Upon entering the Dollar Store style glass double doors, you might be greeted by the girl behind the desk of the "office" furnished with industrial grade carpeting. The lights were fluorescent & bright and the lighting didn't change even when you were summoned back to the butter yellow linoleum lined hall way floor to your cramped room. I felt like I was in the wrong place, like maybe I had entered an upstart veterinarian's office but w/o the animals. What's more, the 'hot springs' were located about 500 yards away from the trailer and one was required to change clothes in outdoor bathroom that had a low maintenance state park feel. After being escorted to the cabana, we were presented to climb into an above ground 4 ft fiberglass pool to have a 'therapeutic' soak. HA! Fiberglass compounds must have elements that heal unknown to man, at least in NC...So, once we were soaking & listening to the river roaring by us, it was relaxing. But if I were the one to be graced with this property, oh what I would do to make it into a spa mecca. There isn't enough space to list what could be done. But alas, I am a mere tourist at the mercy of someone sitting on a potential goldmine without the means or the creativity or both to unearth the possibilities making it into a tasteful sanctuary of the senses!

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Bundaydundat
Morristown, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“HOT SPRINGS ONLY”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went here a few weeks back to soak in the natural hot springs. It was WONDERFUL, each tub is very private and right on the river. They are outside and they have small lights at night. We went at 4:30 because you get a better rate before 6. There is a changing house/bathroom for you to put on your bathing suit. Then you are taken to the tub that you are assigned by a staff member who gives you a few short directions. The tub is already full of water and it feels awesome. When your hour is up, the tub starts to automatically drain. You dry off and then go back to the changing house. It is very relaxing. The town is quaint and quiet, very "no frills" but if you need some fresh air and a great hot soak in natural water this is the place. We are already planning another trip over there.
We did not spend the night at the resort, we only did a day trip.
Oh and take your own towels and any items you would take if you were going to a swimming pool. They do have towels there but I think they charge you for using them.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank love2travel55217
Bristol, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I spent our 10th anniversary weekend here. We stayed in the Wanna Luan suite, which was very peaceful, it's like staying in a small apartment. We had our own hot tub so we never rented one of the other tubs, but everyone told us that we should try them, so maybe next time. They do stay very busy so make sure to book your spa appointments and the hot spring tubs ahead of time. I do recommend the pedicure, Crystal performed mine and she did a great job! Jim performed my Ultimate treatment and Jeannette performed the one on my husband, it was all great and they were all very friendly, Everyone that we dealt with at the spa/resort were great and very friendly.
Some of the shops only except cash so be prepared, there is one bank in the town and they do have an ATM you can access when the bank is closed.
We ate at the Iron Horse Tavern for lunch and had their special for the day which was yummy (Buffalo chicken tenders). You will also need to try their sweet potato fries, I think these were the best that I had ever had. We ate at the Smokey Mountain Grill both nights. The first night we ate there because they had smoked BBQ, which was awesome. The next night they had a special for BBQ ribs, which my husband loved. We also stopped in for a mid afternoon snack (chocolate peanut butter shake). All desserts are homemade. All of the restaurants are locally owned, there are no chain or fast food restaurants at all. We ate breakfast at the Smokey Mountain Diner both mornings, and every thing we tried was delicious. They were very busy both mornings, but they will also do call in orders.
Everything is in walking distance if you are staying at the Hot Springs Resort so our vehicle didn't move at all during the weekend. This could be good for families too especially if you like to go camping and rafting in the river.

Visited May 2014