All reviews iron horse restaurant downstairs old building appalachian trail walls are very thin package deal in town shower head wood floors white noise machine would stay here again small town no elevator the staff was friendly and helpful small room king bed beer and wine
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed here in January 2013 and couldn't wait to get back to celebrate our 40th anniversary. The rooms are immaculate, the beds are comfy and the jacuzzi is perfect. This time we stayed in the small room, it was fine, but by all means try to book the jacuzzi suite. The staff is really aaccomodating. The restaurant is amazing. You can walk to everything. Downstairs there is an amazing gift shop, they sell pastries, coffees, wine, ice cream and beautiful art and upscale crafts made by local artists. Love, love, love this place!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We loved this little place which is conveniently located on the Appalachian Trail. You can hike part of the trail while there. There are three little restaurants within walking distance and the place to go rafting is right next door! We will definitely be re-visiting in the future:)

Room Tip: We stayed in Rooms 201 and then 202. We liked 202 much better. Room 201 was a bit noisy, although they do have noise machines in all the rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We have stayed twice at Iron Horse Station. It is comfortable, clean, and it is a neat historical building. Downstairs is the restaurant as well as Artisun Gallery, where local artists and craftspeople's work is sold at generally reasonable prices... (I was happy to find stuffed animals for my two youngest nephews who we visited after the trip). In conversation with a business owner I Iearned that business in Hot Springs is down 30% this year due to the weather (more rain than usual in the mountains). So make a visit! We like to stay at Iron Horse Station, soak in the springs across the road, eat downstairs from the inn, visit the gallery, go to the pub across the street and to the AT-oriented shop near the inn. We love Hot Springs and all the business owners are nice. It is a safe-feeling town, with people there to enjoy the mountains. The inn as well as all of Hot Springs lacks the pretentiousness of Asheville. It is a good way to see Madison County.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was a first trip with my boyfriend and my first time in the mountains. I absolutely loved it! Every one in the town was nice and accommodating. Gill was warm, kind and very welcoming. The room was beautiful. It was a nice getaway from the city. I loved that there are no tv's in the room! If you happen to come here I recommend rafting with Huckfinn and dining at Iron Horse, Still Mountain, and/or Spring Creek. We thank you so much!

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms have the most gorgeous tubs!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Easy access to spas and restaurants. Staff above and beyond helpful. This was our 3rd stay. All was good this trip except the loud construction outside at 6am!!! Easy check in and checkout. Reasonable prices.

• Stayed: July 2013