“Relaxing in rain and shine!”
Review of RiverDance

We can't find prices for this accommodation
RiverDance
Ranked #1 of 5 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States
“Relaxing in rain and shine!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Owners Dave and Callie were responsive to emails and phone calls. Descriptions are accurate and their home is very inviting, comfortable and clean. The view of the gorge and sounds of the river from the porch swing on the deck of the River Rocks lower level are therapeutic even during a rain shower! If stairs are a challenge, this level is ideal...just one step up to the deck and into the room from the drive. Dave and Callie are so personable and accommodating. Callie's special coffee was delicious to accompany an assortment of fruits and pastries for breakfast. Hope to return to RiverDance!

Room Tip: River Rocks Suite if stairs are to be avoided and you wish to enjoy the porch swing!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Taylorsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was surprised to learn that my Daughter had made arrangements for my wife and I to spend a night at RiverDance. This would be our last chance to relax before a long series of medical procedures. It almost seemed liked too much to add to our schedule but we did not want to disappoint anyone. Shortly after arrival everything changed, the house is impressive with large beam construction and lots of windows. Everything was perfect. The deck just outside our room overlooked a river winding through a valley. The evening mist moved in about sundown and that's when I really started to appreciate this gift. Dave and Callie are the kind of folks that you know when you meet them. It was a lot like catching up with family that you've not seen in a while. I learned later that they gave up their own room to make this happen when my daughter called needing last minute accommodations. We left late the next morning and talked about our RiverDance experience all the way home. This was the perfect gift at just the right time. We hope to see Dave, Callie and Marley as soon as I am finished with my medical treatments. Thanks for everything. Ken and Mary Taylor

Room Tip: I would be glad to be in any room at RiverDance
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Wow! As soon as you approach RiverDance you are awestruck by the spectacular view of the mountains and river below and it only gets better once you enter. Callie and David made our stay truly special with their gracious hospitality. They will instantly become your new friends! Such a beautiful space with every amenity you could need for a relaxing vacation. My husband and I planned to meet in Hot Springs on his journey along the Appalachian trail and stay at RiverDance to give him a bit of rest and relaxation. He commented that the view from RiverDance was the most beautiful view he had seen on his 250 mile trek along the AT so far! That's saying something! A soak in the hot tub overlooking that beautiful view and listening to the river below was pure heaven. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and cannot wait to return!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have limited experience with B&B's and were a bit nervous about what we would find at the end of a long trip. What we found was peace, relaxation and new friends. The nights at RiverDance were our favorite, we turned off the lights, watched lightning bugs, listened the the sound of the creek running, enjoyed the cool air and watched the mist cover everything. I am an early riser and I was able to drive down the mountain and do some fishing, catching my biggest brown trout ever on a fly rod and then watch the sun come up on the water. This was one of the most memorable times of all the traveling we have done to date. We enjoyed sitting and visiting with Dave and Callie and finding what to do in the area. We have always traveled west to Colorado but decided to go east and we loved what we found at RiverDance.

Room Tip: We stayed in the TreeTop (upper level) and had a beautiful view, opened the window and listened to t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I wanted to get away for a few nights and set goals for the coming year. My husband promised me that he had found "just the spot." I was skeptical. He reserved the place many months in advance and when the time came I was worried that a bed and breakfast was not a good idea.
However, when we drove up and saw the house...we were stunned! It was more beautiful than we had imagined. The rooms are decorated with such taste and yet so inviting to sit in any chair and relax. The porch has a breathing view of the mountains and a stream below.
I must add that Callie and Dave will become your new best friends. They will invite you to spend time with them or they will give you your privacy. We enjoyed eating breakfast with them every morning! We even went to dinner with them one night to listen to some amazing Blue Grass music at a local restaurant. We felt like we had known them all our life.
We relaxed everyday morning in the hot tub that also overlooked the spectacular view. How can you beat that? I honestly do not think you can find a better place to stay for a weekend retreat or a vacation spot that you will want to return often.
It is very close to several towns that had great places to eat, art or pottery to purchase, coffee shops to sit and talk, great hiking trails, whatever you need for a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor but the top floor was just as inviting.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2014

For those who love nature and breathtaking views, this is a must go destination. The owners, Callie and Dave are great people and hosts. The Riverdance house is very spacious, offering 2 suits with everything you might need: WiFi, kitchenette, microwave, coffee maker, and plenty of interesting books if you love reading. Suits are tastily decorated and you def get that mountain touch. We brought our dog with us and she enjoyed her time there too, mesmerized with numerous fireflies at night.

We'll certainly go there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 14 July 2014

RiverDance is Home away from Home and the Wellendorf's are like family. I love this place. I've been to more than 60 countries, so when I say that the view from the decks of RiverDance are some of the best in the world it means something. Our last trip there led to late nights because we didn't want to go to bed and miss the constant change of fog playing with the mountaintops while thousands of fireflies put on a more impressive light show than any fireworks event. And always the sound of the running river down in the valley instantly puts you in a state of peace. The Wellendorf's are amazing hosts who give you just the right amount of attention. Perfect in every way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Wildberry Lodge
#1 of 1 in Leicester
Historic Montford
The 1899 Wright Inn and Carriage House

Been to RiverDance? Share your experiences!