“Lukewarm Springs and Service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Springs
Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We came for the Hot Springs but was sadly disappointed. The water was lukewarm at best. We advised the staff the water was too cold. They said they would recirculate the water and check on us in 10 minutes. Fifteen minutes later the water was still too cool and the staff was a no show. We left 30 minutes early. When I told the office the water was too cold they ask if we were in tub 5. I advised we were in tub 7 apparently they were having other complaints). They offered to give us a gift certificate but I didn't see the point in driving an hour to sit on a lukewarm tub again. I would have like if they transferred to a spa that was hot. The lady at the desk actually just shrugged and went back to talking with the other girl at desk. The drive was pretty but drive pass the spa.

• Stayed: October 2013
8  Thank bsteely

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I read all of the reviews of the Hot Springs Resort and Spa before we went, so we went with our minds wide open. We booked an RV site, a mineral tub soak and a couple's massage. First I'll start with the campground. When I made the reservation I requested the most private site available on the river front. The girl I spoke with said that was no problem, since I was booking a month in advance, they were pretty much open. Much to my disappointment when we arrived, the site they had assigned us was in the center area, as far from the river as we could get and it was anything but private. The sites are practically on top of each other and the tent sites are scattered haphazardly in between the RV's, so there is a lot of chaos and people all around. This was very upsetting and I let them know it. The upside is that everyone we spoke to was nothing but friendly and seemed to genuinely care that we enjoy our experience. As a result, the management was kind enough to admit their mistake and since they were unable to move us to a more desirable site, they comped our tub soak. The Tub Soak was nice, it was unique to be in nature, yet private enough to go topless. We were in a deluxe tub, #5. It was nice enough, you couldn't see the river for all the fencing, so the idea of 3 sides closed in and 1 open to the river is not quite accurate. But none-the-less enjoyable to look up and see trees and feel a nice breeze while soaking. Next, we had our massages. Again, no complaints, but nothing special. We both laughed and said it felt more like a nice rub down. The massage therapists were both afraid to use pressure and seemed to think they were using alot of pressure when they weren't. Overall, the scenery is beautiful and makes up for the shortcomings. Looking up and seeing the colorful mountains rising up all around you is breathtaking. Bottom line, all of the staff, from the girls at reception, to Bill at the campground, to tub attendants, and the massage therapists really couldn't have been friendlier or more genuine human beings. It was the staff that made us laugh off the shortcomings and enjoy our getaway after all.

Room Tip: Look for alternate accommodations if you are looking to connect with nature.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank njk321
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have visited Hot Springs Resort and Spa every few years for the last 20 years. It has grown over the years but one thing is consistent- it's relaxing and healing! This is not a typical "resort and spa". It isn't luxurious or very sophisticated. It is simply a place with hot tubs that are filled with natural hot mineral water from the Earth that has healing and restorative properties. It has been around for ages and is now a commercial business. The tubs are in wooded, semi-private areas. You can request a hot tub. The newer ones above number 12 are really hot and require you to get out to breathe on occasion. The older numbers are a little less warm. Request hot tubs right on the river or where the river and creek meet. My favorite is number 8. Bring a book or MP3 player to do while you soak. Each reservation is for an hour and is about $20 for several people. It is very reasonable. There are tubs indoors, which are more expensive. I haven't seen or tried those. I had massages their twice, which were okay. I don't go there for that really. The store sells good massage oils and pain relief ointments, etc, that are good and mostly natural. The bathrooms are just small shacks with two toilets and three fitting rooms. I suggest that you come in your suit to avoid the shacks. Make sure you bring a container/cooler/jug to take home some water for free. There are faucets outside to use to get some of the mineral water to take home. I cook with it or drink it for a healthy boost. The mineral content heals pain, skin issues, etc. I love it there! Also, plan to sit by the fire to dry off and let the minerals soak in instead of leaving them in your towel.

The only con is the attendants, who are often teenagers. They aren't that helpful and tend to smoke a bit. So be prepared for that.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Simplyck
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I had a wonderful experience at the Hot Springs Rafting Resort last week. It was the rafting part that interested me the most. Rafting down a mountain for 9 miles was the best part and if I had to tell anyone to go somewhere for rafting, I would totally recommend Hot Springs Resort.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank robert p
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Pass by this location and tried the spa
It's private and very beautiful.
The fifteen box price is reasonable and well worth it.
The tub facing the river and very beautiful. Make sure you bring a small speaker!
Be aware of bugs!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Li H
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We have been here several times. The tubs are amazing. The views are breath taking. The atmosphere is peaceful. A great place to relax and unwind. Helps the joints and skin contortions. I highly recommend the hot springs. The staff are great!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was my 2nd time at the spa and both times were wonderful. They added a cool misting component which is nice for warmer weather days. Good way to start or end your day! We never staying at the hotel or resort - just the spa tubs.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Crowne Plaza  Resort Asheville
The Omni Grove Park Inn
The Omni Grove Park Inn
#15 of 68 in Asheville

Been to Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!