“Don't believe the insider reviews: stay away”

Super 8 Huntersville/charlotte Area
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Reviewed 20 February 2012

What can you say about a modern hotel (well, almost modern) where reception is so pleased to serve its guests that it locks reception staff behind a glass wall? There is no interest in serving the public in any genuine sense.

Hotels can be almost rated in two groups: (1) those that work to compete and provide a clean, quiet, attractive room, always vigilant to respond to maintenance issues with pride of ownership/hospitality, and (2) those that see customers as one-night stands to collect "tolls" from. The glass booth says it all. Even at the rates charged by the "opaque" online providers for a low-mid room, the price to value is definitely not there. Keep surfing.

It's rated second from last for area hotels. Believe it. (Only 12 reviews in 5 years, which is very curious indeed. North Carolinans are not overly generous with the pen?)

Room Tip: Facing away from the highway
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We just stayed at the Ramada for a wrestling match. The staff were exceptional and the room was out of this world. We stayed in room 108 the jacuzzi suite. It was a Valentine/family trip so I wanted to splurge...cost 84/night talk about value for the dollar. And the breakfast scrambled eggs, fresh biscuits, fruit, waffles, gravy, cereal, fruit, coffee, 4 types of juice, and bagels, doughnuts, toast, and even english muffins, and danish. There was a gym which I used.

Room Tip: Room 108 was awesome!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rnbron4300
Reviewed 7 October 2011

With the door opening directly to the outside, & old TVs, this is not up to Ramada standards. After playing for 5 minutes, the TV screen went blank but the sound continued- very irritating when you're tired & want to relax after a day of driving. The next day we changed rooms & fortunately this aged out of date TV did work. However the remote did not! Time to update to flat screen TVs! On the positive side, the service was friendly & the breakfast was good.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Ramada Inn on Sunday the 2nd of October. We checked in at approx. 11:00pm. The lady at the front desk(Paulette) was very nice and checked us in very quickly. Upon arriving at our room the outside trash can was running over with beer cans and empty cartons. There was an old grill sitting there with no propane cylinder attached. There were old ribs lying on top of the garbage can which gave off an unpleasant odor. We went into the room. There was an old table and two chairs sitting just inside the room which had seen its better days. My wife went to wash her face and the washcloth she unrolled looked like someone had cleaned their boots with it. It had been washed but it was stained badly. I took it to the front desk manager the next morning and gave it to her. She said she would bring it to the attention of the general manager. I have stayed at many Ramada's in the past and have been pleased. I will never be back at this one again and possibly not another ramada.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This hotel has friendly staff. They upgraded my room at no extra charge. I was concerned about the outside doors, but everything was well lit and in a great area. 2 fast food restaurants within walking distance and grocery, mall and theaters close. Free wireless is included. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Lenee R, General Manager at Super 8 Huntersville/charlotte Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you made the decision to stay with us and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

There are several nice hotels in the area, this is NOT one of them - PLEASE DON"T STAY HERE!
We were welcomed to our room with trash in the baskets and on the floor, mildew on the shower curtain and a leaking toilet. The outdated furniture had giant chunks splintered out of the chairs, table and desk. The A/C didn't work because there was fifteen years of lint, mildew, crud and god-knows-what- else caked on the units intake. I cleaned the intake with a towel to try to cool the room off (which thank goodness worked) the filthy towel was left on top of the unit, in hopes that someone would get the hint that the unit needed service. Upon our departure, two days later, the towel was still there.
I've been an avid traveler for twenty five years and can honestly say this is the worst placed I've stayed in in the US. I reserved this room in one of those online prepay deals and deeply regret ever getting involved.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Lenee R, General Manager at Super 8 Huntersville/charlotte Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

I am very sorry to hear that you experienced issues while a guest at our property. I only wish you had brought it to my attention while you were here so I could have addressed the problem immediately, making your stay more pleasant. I appreciate your feedback and will be looking very hard into housekeeping and will be checking behind them even more. I again appologize for your inadequate stay. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to see if there is anything I can do to make your situation better. I again appologize for your inconvenience.

Lenee Richardson,

Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed here in July while on a vacation to the area to visit its rich NASCAR roots.
The pool was wonderful!! The bed was so comfy!!
We had a king suite and we absolutely loved the fact it had a mini fridge and microwave.
The a/c was hard to regulate at first, but once we got it to the temp we wanted it to, it was easy to maintain.
The bathroom could have used some updating as did the covers, but all in all, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple