“Clean Hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great place for a quick overnight. We stay here on our way to Hilton Head and it is consistently clean. The rooms are nicely maintained. The staff is pleasant and helpful. It's also close to shopping and restaurants. A great value for a Courtyard.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank steelcitytravels
Ashley T, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our property. Its always great to here that our guests were impressed by our quality and customer service! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We came to the area to participate in a tennis tournament. This location was great, as was the variety of nearby restaurants in all price ranges. The room was clean and accommodating, though the wide gap at the base of the door allowed a LOT of hallway light at night. We had some minor glitches with the front desk: they failed to issue us the card for free breakfasts made available to tournament participants and we paid for our first meal; when asked about the advertised complimentary coffee, several excuses were offered before admitting the lobby brochure is out of date... to be fair, they did eventually offer me a cup of Starbucks coffee from their new conce$$ion provider. Rather than a continental breakfast, they have a "Bistro" counter with food, prices, and hours that did not agree with our schedule. We preferred the stairs to the sluggish single elevator, which is not easy to locate on the upper floors - the subtle carpet designation can allow one to walk right by it without noticing the elevator in a line-up of similarly colored doors. I assume there is a pool due to a strong smell of chlorine. A friend staying on the opposite side of the hotel said that water came in his windows during a rain storm.

Room Tip: If your room is near an end, park near that entrance and avoid the elevator (after moving luggage).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ashley T, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback of your recent stay with us. We take great pride in assuring that each of our guest have a relaxing and pleasurable stay. I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced problems with locating the elevator during your stay, Also we will definitely make updates to the accommodations in our brochure. Thank you for you business and we hope to see you in the future for your travel needs.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We left Hilton Head early to drive back to Ohio because one of my children was sick. I called three times to confirm that we would have connecting rooms. I was repeatedly assured that the hotel had plenty of room and that there would be no problem having connecting rooms that night. I even jotted down the names of who I spoke with. (Randy said the rooms were not a problem. When I spoke with the General Manager, Ashley, she went so far as to say that it was noted that I had just called a few hours ago to confirm and why was I calling again?). Upon arrival (after driving several hours into the night with a sick child and 2 other kids), we were told that no connecting rooms were available. Because we left in a hurry, all of our stuff to spend the night was all mixed together - it would have been very difficult and inconvenient to separate into groups of 1 parent with 1-2 kids. I was especially annoyed because I had confirmed repeatedly. I would have stayed elsewhere if I had not been assured a connecting room was not a problem. Hali was working at the front desk that night. She was NOT one of the people who promised me the connecting room - she was the poor employee who had to deal with us as our expected rooms were not available. Hali apologized and managed to find us a hearing impaired room that was adjoining to another room. She saved the night and kept this review from being 1 out of 5. Would have considered 4/5 but the breakfast was expensive and not great. Especially after the amazing breakfast we had on the way down at the Courtyard by Marriott in Columbia/77 on the beginning of our trip (much better hotel all around in Columbia). I would not stay here again as I prefer connecting rooms - it is the most convenient with a family of 5 and I would not trust them to have it available.

Room Tip: They will not honor a promise made earlier in the day for adjoining rooms. If you need connecting r...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ashley T, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Good Afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the problem that you experienced while visiting our hotel. We try our best to accommodate every guest. Unfortunately our property has a small number of rooms that connect and due to that reason we only take requests for those room types and not guarantees. I'm so glad to hear that Hali was able to accommodate you and your family after such confusion. Please visit us again if your ever in the area again. Thank you for you business!

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Convenient for visiting Davidson. Just about a half a mile off of I 77 and about 6 miles from Davidson College. Because of traffic on I 77 it took us nearly 30 minutes to get to Davidson in the morning.
The hotel entrance is kind of tricky. There doesn't seem to be a sign on the main road. You turn in beside a little office building so you have to watch for that.
The hotel is a fairly typical updated Marriott Courtyard decor. Lady at reception was very friendly and helpful. She directed us to a couple of choices for dinner. I had a nice room -quiet with a balcony overlooking the pool. Never heard a sound from outside or the rooms next-door. This room was just a little upscale from your typical Marriott Courtyard.
Had a decent continental breakfast from the Starbucks café in the lobby.
We would definitely stay there again. Please be aware that, as a Marriott rewards and Hilton Honors member, I do tend to look for Marriott or Hiltons for my choice of place to stay.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Mom22grand29
Ashley T, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hello, And thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at Courtyard Lake Norman. We are so pleased that you found our hotel New, comfortable and accommodating, We strive to ensure that each of our guests experience is at its upmost best! I do however apologize for the complications on finding our hotel and the traffic issue. We do hope to see you again in the future for your travel needs and we appreciate your business!! Have a great week!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were in need of a room while in town for the Mustang 50th Anniversary Celebration. While it was a good distance from the Charlotte Motor Speedway, it was a nice oasis from the crowd in that area. Located near I-77 with easy access & close proximity (thru the parking lot walking) to Bob Evans Restaurant. I am becoming a fan of Courtyards because of the consistency of the quality. Check in was easy & quick. Room was very nice with high ceilings which made it feel larger than it probably was. Comfortable beds, in room coffee, refrigerator and good free in room wifi make for the beginnings of a great stay. Property is well maintained and staff very good. Only reinforces my feelings about the quality of the Courtyard brand.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ashley T, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and that everything met your needs. Its always great to hear positive feedback as we strive to ensure that each of our guests experience is comfortable and accommodating. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and thank you for your business!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed with a business group. I was very disappointed when we went to check in, only to be told that they had no room for one of our members, even though he had a confirmed reservation. He, and another colleague stayed at another hotel nearby and were pleased with their stay and got better deals with better amenities. Also, many hotels offer a complimentary breakfast - but not here. The breakfast menu is limited, and just okay. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were okay and clean. The mattress in my room was worn - spongy on one side of the bed from use. There are better values nearby. Next time I'll book at a different hotel, there are lots to choose from in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Ashley T, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay. We truly value all of our guests feed back. I sincerely apologize that your colleagues had to be transferred to another hotel, this is not an issue that we typically encounter at our property. We also appreciate your feedback on our Bistro/ breakfast accommodations, however Courtyard Marriott's as a brand do not offer complimentary breakfast like some of our other Marriott brands, we do apologize for the inconvenience this caused during your stay. We hope that you will consider our property again if ever in the area.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stay at Courtyards for their reputation as very nice Category 3 Marriott properties.. This property is easily accessible from Interstate 77, however, the sign at the end of the entrance to the driveway was busted out and the small Courtyard sign was further into the driveway from the turn off the road. So, we passed it up. They need to improve the location of the Courtyard sign into the street entrance. Check in was easy and smooth. The reception was friendly, but she made a point to tell us that coffee in the lobby was no longer available; that Starbucks at the Café had to be purchased and that there was coffee in the room. There was no free breakfast as someone else previously reviewed about this property. Improvement could have been to give us directions to the elevator and the direction of our room once off the elevator. We had been on the road for 7 hours and were anxious for much needed rest. Improvement could be given to night staff when an overnight emergency arises like the water dripping from the ceiling onto our heads on the bed at 4 am. The night staffman requested we move to a 1st floor room from the 3rd floor. I requested a room near ours just to move to another bed and get some sleep. Improvement to the noisy vibration made from the heater in the room would help traveler's sleep. Thanks to Haley at the reception desk the next morning for clearly understanding our dilemma through the night and offered us free Starbuck's coffee for our departure trip. Haley is to be highly commended for superb customer service!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lsminpa
Ashley T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience about the Courtyard Charlotte Lake Norman. I want to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate circumstances that you experienced during your stay with us, we clearly did not meet your--or our own--expectations. As a valued customer, our goal is aimed at providing you with exceptional customer service and I was very pleased to hear that Hali did just that. As always, we would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel further if I can be of any more assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntersville
Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale
Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman
Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman
Candlewood Suites Huntersville
Candlewood Suites Huntersville
#8 of 12 in Huntersville

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman? Share your experiences!