“Travel Made Easy; Affordable, Clean and Stress Free Hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Stayed here for the Park and Fly Program this Hotel offers. Although we did not book through the Hotel directly, the Staff answered all of my questions repectfully and patiently when I called immediately after booking the room.

My husband and I were not disappointed. The staff was wonderful (forgot a comb and the clerk was quick to solve my problem); the room floor was all tile, which I like for the cleanliness factor; the price was very afforadable; there was a great restaurant (The Millhouse Steakhouse) next door; and no charge for parking my vehicle for 14 days was a super bonus.

Room Tip: There is an outdoor pool in the center of the hotel. If you want to be close to the pool, let the cl...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a compliment about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit, and your kind words about our staff motivate them to continue their outstanding service. We hope that you will come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I went to visit a friend in the area and stayed at this hotel. Had a great weekend there and the staff was friendly. The room was nicely made, though the fridge did leak a bit inside. Other than that it was a good stay and will be staying there again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

We appreciate your recent comments about our hotel and the quality of our staff. Very few people take the time to compliment someone for a good job, and we thank you for doing just that. Let me also thank you for leaving us feedback about the refrigerator so that we could replace it with a new one. On behalf of all of our staff, we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 night and the hotel was clean and in a convenient location to shopping and restaurants. There are a lot of new hotels being built in the area so it appears they have done some modern upgrades here. The value was better than most so I was worried that it might not be updated but was surprised. However, they could upgrade the AC systems in the room. It was extremely loud and never really seemed to work well. The room was clean but had a musty smell which I felt like got worse when the AC kicked on. My biggest complaint was how loud the hotel was. The walls were thin and I could hear every step and voice from the sides and above us. There were a bunch of kids running up and down the halls and nobody on staff really seemed to care. It didn't bother me that much but might for people looking for some quiet. Overall it was a good value and I would stay again if I come back.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 10 November 2012

On our recent move to Jacksonville we stayed at this hotel. I have 3 small children so moving across the country isn't one of the easiest trips. But while staying at this hotel the front desk was very friendly and helpful. They helped navigate us to where we needed to go. I was very satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and the breakfast was great! I felt that the staff went above and beyond to make our stay very comfortable. Thank you so much for all you did for me and my family.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I've stayed at this property several times and it's better than ever! The recent upgrades have made the Quality Inn my favorite place to stay in Jacksonville. The staff makes me feel like part of the family. The girls at the desk really go out of their way each and every time to make us feel welcomed. The manager brought us Dunkin Doughnuts the next morning because we woke up after breakfast was over, and carried our luggage to our car. If you would like to experience hospitality at it's finest, these guys go above and beyond! Well done!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Our staff always looks forward to seeing you each time you visit. Thank you for your encouraging words and on behalf of everyone here, we definitely look forward to next time!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times, the last time I was there i got annoyed with the Asst manager...
This stay was for one night Oct 28th that turned into a 5 night stay do to be stranded by hurricane sandy. ( i live in NJ and couldnt get home). The girls behind the desk are very nice and so is the woman that tends to the breakfast area. (the breakfast sucks not her fault same thing every am.. stale muffins, bisquits, sausage gravy and sausage..oops on fri there was scramble eggs). The housekeeping staff on some days seemed put out that they had to clean or refresh out room... We even think the dirty towels we put in a pile on the floor were hung back up.. (make up stain was a dead giveaway) On our last day there (traveling with a 21 yr old and 17 yr old) I asked for a late check out.. At first the girl behind the desk stayed uuummm yeah until 12 at the latest and i explained we do not have a flight until 6pm can we stay until at least 3. She told me I would have to talk to the Manager. The next morning I went to the desk asked to speak to the manager he was in a meeting they would have him call my room after. He never did I went back to the desk and the girl went and spoke to Russ the assit manager who seemed put out by my request.. He played on the computer than decided sure I can (seemed like this was going to put him out) and charged me another $30 to stay until and only til 3pm...
I have to say next trip I think I will try another place.... I travel to Jacksonville about every 10 weeks to see my Marine...

Room Tip: I usually take the first floor but it was very loud this stay
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Thank you for taking time to leave us some feedback about your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves with outstanding guest relations and we always attempt to surpass the standards which we are required to meet. Please allow me to appologize for the problems that you experienced and we all hope you are recovering well from the storm. I am a bit concerned with your assessment of our deluxe "Q Breakfast." We provide Jimmie Dean Sausage, country biscuits and gravy, fresh scrambled eggs, and belgian waffles from our "hot bar." We also have gourmet breakfast muffins, assorted danishes and bagels, oatmeal and grits. That's not to mention the yogurt, boiled eggs, fresh fruit and selection of cereal that we provide at no cost to our guests. We are always open to suggestions for improvement, and we would have gone out of our way to provide you with something else if we would've known of your discontentment. I also noticed your comment about the towels and I can assure you that our housekeepers are held to the highest of standards, and cleanliness is a top priority. I appologize if we did not meet your standards in that regard. Finally, I would like to address what happened the morning you asked me for a late checkout. Unfortunately, we didn't know that you needed to extend your stay until the morning of your departure date. Although check out is at 11am , we never hesitate to offer free late checkouts until noon. We also understand that "things happen" and we are usually quite lenient with the late checkout policy. On this particular day, our hotel was sold out which made it difficult to accomodate you for the extra five hours without inconveniencing other guests with reservations. All of these issues could have easily been remedied if myself or any of the staff would have known. You were very cordial and seemed very pleased with your stay when we spoke in person, so I am a little confused about your review. I sincerly hope that you will give us an opportunity to service you and your family on your next visit. We have a special place in our hearts for military families, especially since most of our staff is affiliated with the military, including myself.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

The lady at the front desk was nice and helpful. However, I was traveling with 2 small kids (one had to sleep in a pack and play) and the room was very small. Breakfast every morning was the same thing every day. Our last nite as we are packing our stuff up, we found a roach in our room. My husband went to get the front desk lady and she said she was sorry but because we paid through tripadvisor there was nothing the hotel could do for us. Me personally thought was a lie and just plain stupid!!! Definately will NOT be staying there again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family