“Wonderful Stay”

Quality Inn
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel stay was wonderful as usual. The staff is very friendly and the GM is very attentive, very active and visible. Rusty (GM) is awesome. Elizabeth at the front desk is always willing to answer questions and help and the housekeepers are very friendly. My room was clean and smelled fresh. I enjoyed staying there. Im in Jacksonville often so I stay there when Im in town. Good stay

Room Tip: Stay in room 223
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

The entire team appreciates your enthusiasm and positive attitude each time you visit with us. We were truly flattered by your remarks and we can't wait to see you again soon. Thank you for brightening our day!

Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

Couldnt have had nice people at the front desk or manager!! Rooms were nice and atttractive but had to ask the housekeeper to dust. Micro, frig, and roomy enough. Great shower and altogether comfortable and attractive. Breakfast ends at 9:00 which we missed every day but the staff was happy to get me whatever I needed!! Coffee and fruit available all the time. Lobby couch and chair old and a little dingy but adequate. Not a hotel for vacation but for visiting family it was fine. Need a car to get around.

• Stayed: March 2013
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you for leaving us such positive feedback regarding your stay here at the Quality Inn! Our team often enjoys reading the comments that are left by valued guests such as yourself. Your encouraging response to our hard work and dedication is appreciated, and our team has been motivated and praised because of it. Since your stay with us, our breakfast hours have been extended on the weekends and our lobby has been furnished by Lane Furniture. I hope you will enjoy the new additions when you stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The Quality Inn is a relatively new three floor hotel conveniently located adjacent to a Walmart, and several other hotels. There is easy access to Marine Blvd., and the nearby traffic was not heard. In fact, the rooms were quiet, which was a surprise in a new hotel. The hotel staff were very accommodating and I stayed on the upper floor, which, it should be noted, is half non smoking and half smoking rooms. As a result the hallway retained a very strong smell of tobacco, not a pleasant odor for an ex smoker. On the other hand, this is North Carolina and I suspect a lot people smoke. The breakfast was surprisingly good, with a waffle maker, scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy, in addition to pastries and cereal, etc. The business center is literally a cubby hole in the wall off adjacent to the front desk and eating area, and I did not use the exercise room nor the very small outside pool. The rooms were adequate, clean, but nothing special. There was a flat panel TV and quite a few cable channels. All in all I would rate this hotel as nice but not special, and a good value for the price paid. If you want to step up a notch, however, you might consider the Holiday Inn Express across the street, but you will pay more for that.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor if you don't like the smell of old stale smoke.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Your opinion is an important tool that we use to implement better policies and improve areas in need of attention. We also appreciate the positive assesment of our Q Corner Cafe that you expressed, as well as the considerate words you gave to our staff. I am concerned that you were not completely satisfied with your stay because of the smoking rooms on the third floor. I'm sure that the smell of cigarette smoke would be unpleasant to anyone who doesn't smoke. I appologize for your displeasure in that regard, as we strive to satisfy all of our guests, all of the time. We have taken measures to prevent this from happening again in the future. Our air purification system should alleviate any unwanted odors from now on. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to provide you with an even better stay the next time you visit Jacksonville.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed here for a couple days, and I was pleased with the cleanliness of the place, all the employees were very helpful and kind. Pool was a bit small but not a problem, the included breakfast is very basic, for the price and quality of the place I would come back.

Stayed: July 2012
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Thank you for leaving a response about your previous stay with us. Guest reviews are helpful to us because we like to reward our staff for the job that they are doing. Your comments also help us to identify areas in need of improvement. I think you will be impressed with the updates we've made since last summer. We have included new breakfast items in our Q Corner Cafe and updated many of the hotel features.
We appreciate your kind words and look forward to making your next stay incredible!

Reviewed 21 January 2013

My family and I flew down to the area to visit due to a family member's illness and needed a room for the night before we flew out of the Jacksonville airport the next morning. The hotels in Jacksonville all seem to be clumped in one area. We chose the Quality Inn. The hallways and room had that musty smell common to rundown hotels. The room was clean but the beds were hard and uncomfortable. We were exhausted but still had to wake up early for our flight, so we called the front desk and asked for a 4:15 a.m. wake-up call. Luckily, our daughter set the alarm on her phone, because no wake-up call ever came. When leaving, I asked the teen-ager manning the front desk why we never received our wake-up call, and she mumbled something incoherent. This hotel was definitely substandard for the price. We stayed in a clean, non-musty smelling three-star chain hotel with comfortable beds the previous night in Philadelphia for considerably less money and received our wake-up call to boot. I am not one of those nitpicking reviewers you sometimes see on Trip Advisor. I am very easy to please - a clean room, comfortable beds and basic customer service is all I ask. If you are the same, avoid this hotel. I travel a great deal, and I also believe that the hotels in Jacksonville are overpriced, which probably has something to do with the hotel chains taking advantage of the fact that there is a Marine base here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LynneF436
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

We definitely appreciate you taking the time to leave us some important feedback about your recent stay with us. Here at the Quality Inn, we take your comments seriously because guest satisfaction is paramount to us.
Let me first apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced because of the missed wake-up call. That is uncharacteristic of our front office, and has since been addressed and corrected during our last staff meeting. We will work dilligently to assure that it does not occur again.
I am also very sorry that you were not pleased with the recent upgrades to our guest suites. The beds that you spoke of are our new "Serta Perfect Sleepers." Each room was furnished with new beds and furniture during the renovation. We try very hard to provide the highest level of comfort to our guests by offering high quality products and ammenities.
Our goal at the Quality Inn is to ensure an outstanding guest experience to everyone who walks into our doors. Customer appreciation is what we are all about, and we hope that you would give us another chance to impress you should you return to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Stayed here for the Park and Fly Program this Hotel offers. Although we did not book through the Hotel directly, the Staff answered all of my questions repectfully and patiently when I called immediately after booking the room.

My husband and I were not disappointed. The staff was wonderful (forgot a comb and the clerk was quick to solve my problem); the room floor was all tile, which I like for the cleanliness factor; the price was very afforadable; there was a great restaurant (The Millhouse Steakhouse) next door; and no charge for parking my vehicle for 14 days was a super bonus.

Room Tip: There is an outdoor pool in the center of the hotel. If you want to be close to the pool, let the cl...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a compliment about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit, and your kind words about our staff motivate them to continue their outstanding service. We hope that you will come and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I went to visit a friend in the area and stayed at this hotel. Had a great weekend there and the staff was friendly. The room was nicely made, though the fridge did leak a bit inside. Other than that it was a good stay and will be staying there again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

We appreciate your recent comments about our hotel and the quality of our staff. Very few people take the time to compliment someone for a good job, and we thank you for doing just that. Let me also thank you for leaving us feedback about the refrigerator so that we could replace it with a new one. On behalf of all of our staff, we look forward to your next visit with us!