“Was OK.”

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I are in the process of moving him out of the barracks, me out of my parents home 400 miles away, and Into our new home here in Jacksonville. We were scheduled to move in on a Tuesday, so I came up that Monday and we needed somewhere to stay just for a night. We didn't want to spend a lot, so the quality inn was great as far as price goes. When I first got there, the woman that checked me in was decently friendly. We got the king room, non smoking. The room was big and pretty darn decent especially for what we paid. The comforter was dirty, so we just didn't use it. No biggie. But the bathroom, was nasty. The floors were sticky as if they hadn't really been cleaned in a while. The shower/tub was disgusting. Hair all over the place that was not mine, there was a ball of wet hair stuck to the shower curtain, and the tub had a lovely black tint. I finally convinced myself to get over it and just take a quick shower, and to my surprise, the tub started to fill up instead of drain. I assume the drain was clogged with all of the hair that was all over the place. But I was not pleased. Did my best to scoop as much of the water out and dump it down the drain and let the front desk know. But yuck!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank MelissaBaldi
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was a last minute trip for my husband, so he did not have too much time to check out many places to stay. In his words " it was a perfect choice" clean rooms, and friendly and helpful staff, and nice location. Worth checking into other Quality Inns.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

We are delighted to hear that your husband enjoyed his stay with us, and I would like to thank you for sharing this positive experience. I trust you know that your family will be welcome here should you choose to visit Jacksonville again in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We always enjoy staying at the Quality Inn here in Jacksonville. The staff is always so friendly and the new breakfast items are great. Geneva always remembers us when we come. She even remembers our favorite rooms. This place just keeps getting better and better. Management is Outstanding.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

You have truly become part of our family here at the Quality Inn. Our staff always enjoys having you here, and I am honored to call you my friend. We wish you the best with your upcoming move. Don't hesitate to call if we can help out in any way!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Clean rooms, fun pool! Great weekend visit with old friends and family. The beds were super comfy and clean as well as the rest of the room. The pool was empty during our stay so we took great advantage of it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

So glad to hear about your fun times visiting Jacksonville as well as some old friends! Thank you for leaving some positive feedback about your stay with us. We are sincerely grateful that you included us in your weekend visit. We hope to see you the next time you visit!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I stayed only one night in this hotel after two nights at a different hotel in Jacksonville. This Quality Inn was the far better hotel. It was just what we needed! Our room was very comfortable and clean and the staff was very helpful. Reasonably priced for the area. Will definitely stay there again on our next trip.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

I am very pleased to know that you and your husband enjoyed staying with us recently. Taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a compliment says a lot about what kind of person you are. We can't wait to see you on your next visit!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My better half and I stayed at this Quality Inn over Thanksgiving. A good, clean, reasonable short-term stay. Staff was friendly, rooms were tidy and breakfast was decent - surprisingly not as bountiful as the Baymont Inn, where we usually stay while visiting our U.S. Marine son. But given the increasingly negative reviews of the Baymont, we moved across the street this time. I recommend this Quality Inn if you are looking for convenience and a clean bedroom and bath. Nothing fancy, but a good environment with an attentive staff.
My one reservation (pardon the hotel pun) was the powerful scent of the bathroom disinfectant.
Smelled like the poor man's version of Drakar, or something similar, splashed on to the extreme by a 16 year-old on his first date. Even my wife thought a stranger had been in our room while we we gone. Still a good place to lay one's head and get a good night's sleep. Go elsewhere for stronger coffee.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank D-Day04
RUS W, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for taking time to leave us an interesting review about our property. We are truly grateful for your kind words regarding our staff and facilities. We reward our staff for going out of their way to make our guests feel special and for doing a great job. We also take your opinion very seriously and I apologize for the "Drakkar smell" that you encountered in the room. I'm not sure what they may have been but I hope that you would give us another chance to accommodate you the next time you're in town. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have to say, I travel frequently for business, and I've stayed at some of the most lavish hotels, down to average everyday hotels. The Quality Inn here in Jacksonville for the price is a great place to park up and stay hands down. The price was very fair, the quality of service did not drop, but in my mind they EXCEEDED my expectations. Everyone was friendly, and the GM and Geneva the Hotel Clerk were so kind allowing me to use the business conference room daily as a courtesy. Knowing that they didn't have to be so kind, but offered up front anyways, lets me know that this hotel management is concerned about giving people a GREAT Stay and EXCELLENT Quality. I will be frequenting Jacksonville more often in the future, and unless there is a management change and decline in service (highly unlikely), I will always keep my loyalty here with Quality Inn. Thank you QI JAX! Curtis

Room Tip: Ask for Geneva when you call to book, she's friendly, knowledgeable, and will make sure you are...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CLuck3

Let me begin by offering my gratitude that you chose to stay with us and that you would leave such a positive response regarding your stay with us. Let me also say that it was a pleasure getting to know you and always know that you have a family here at the Quality Inn. We hope to see you again soon!