“NOT WHAT I RESERVED” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Roanoke, Virginia
“NOT WHAT I RESERVED”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I made my reservation on Priceline for a non-smoking queen suite. When we arrived we were told that all reservations thru Priceline are for smoking rooms only. They had no non-smoking rooms when we got there. Even though my reservation was for non smoking there was nothing they could do. The person that checked in before me and after me had the same issue. the room was nice but the smell of smoke was very obvious and my sinus issues have been bad since the 1st night. no where on Priceline does it state you can only reserve smoking rooms. very misleading and I know that I will never use this motel again. such a ripoff

Room Tip: call to make sure you get what you are reserving. 3rd floor is all smoking and it is obvious as soon...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My home away from home the staff are always friendly and always got that coffee hot in the morning . Nice people good service clean environment. Right near malls, bars, restaurants, marine base, etc thumbs up

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Josh P
Jacksonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Old, hot, and will never stay here again. The one good thing was the ease of my dog being with me. The furniture and toliet looked like they had been picked up from the side of the road. Walls were dirty and the horrible noise from room above prevented me from more than 4 hours of sleep. Ashes and cigarette butts in the stairwell, constant dripping of bathtub and lack of response made for a very overpriced stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable. Because we had our dog with us, the Manager was nice enough to give us a corner room which is bigger than the others. There is a pet fee ($25 a night) which is close to the cost of putting your dog in a kennel. So if you want to bring a pet along, this is the place to do it. They even have a large grass area outback that is perfect for morning walks.

It was a good experience.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stacy was so welcoming and helpful! The space itself was nice and clean. They had breakfast to go every morning, which was great. We also brought our dog and there was no hassle or headaches. I would definitely stay here again.

Northfield, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Overall stay was pleasant. There were minor problems; however, once reported, Renae took steps to immediately rectify. For instance, I was given a room next to travelers with a dog that was incessantly barking. Upon request to be moved to a different room, it was honored immediately. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The location is central to everything in Jacksonville. The hotel is clean and inviting. The "on-the-go" breakfast is simple, but filling. I was able to work from my room without being disturbed during the day. My room faced the street on the ground level and I never heard traffic going by, during the day while I was working or at night while I was sleeping. The GM, Stacy, was friendly answered my questions quickly and did everything she could to make sure I was comfortable. My son is a Marine and he joined me every evening for dinner and games. He felt "at home" and comfortable.

1 Thank Brenda T
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stacy at the front desk was extremely accommodating and was very concerned that we were pleased with the room and with our stay. Additionally the hotel was conveniently located. I would definitely stay again. Thank you Stacy!

1 Thank StephaniePT