“Great place for a long-term stay”

Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I ended up staying here for over two weeks. The person who helped me book helped me get the lowest rate for both my room (a one bedroom suite) and a room for my mom (a queen sized room - not a suite). Both my mom and I (and my husband) were impressed with how nice and clean the rooms were. The linen was all clean, the bed was comfortable.
What I particularly liked is the kitchen. The counters are granite, the stove, microwave, and dishwasher all work great (even if I didn't have many dishes to put in the dishwasher). The kitchen comes well-equipped with several pots and pans, a colander, dishes, and silverware. It would be nice if it were equipped with a couple more sets of everything (glasses, dishes, silverware), but still - it's all there. It also has a little pantry area you can store your own food.
It's about a 10 minute drive to base with only a few turns. Walmart is within walking distance (as are Sally Beauty, RadioShack, a nail salon, Rainbow, and a few other stores).
The staff is incredibly helpful. One of the staff remembered what room I was in before I could remember it.
The treadmill in the workout room isn't so great, and the hallways don't get vacuumed daily, but overall a great place to stay.
Also, the longer you stay, the lower your price gets.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank abandba

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have stayed here two times. I love the help I received both times from Trisha and Kristy. They are amazing. They work at the front desk, and are are extremely helpful. Please commend them, as this type of helpful professionalism isn't common. Nice location. Free parking.

Also, when Trisha was not available to help me, Jalisa and Treasure have been referred to me to ask for. Kristy steps in whenever anyone else is busy.

It isn't always about the room, but about the helpfulness, the clarity and the understanding of each hotel front desk personnel. This, to me, goes a LONG way.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mom4kids_13
Candlewood_GM_JKVNC, Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you for all your kind words! Our staff's goal is to provide great customer service to every guest every day! We appreciate your continue loyalty to our hotel as we know you have many options!
Our staff was very happy to see your post!
Thanks again!
Kristy, Trisha, Treasure and Jalisa and the rest of the Candlewood Team

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I loved staying here! Quite, nice rooms. Pool was a plus. Easy to get to.... I would stay here again. Within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Free laundry.... Nice kitchen... Ice maker in refrigerator ....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DonnaM692
Candlewood_GM_JKVNC, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. The Candlewood Suites team appreciates the kind words and we are happy that your stay with us was "Wonderful".
We look forward to seeing you again! Come back and visit again this summer. The pool is warming up nicely, the gas grills are ready to cook your favorite BBQ food and we have our Cornhole board out and ready for a good game!

Thanks again for the review!
The Candlewood Team:

Reviewed 2 April 2013

When my sister booked this hotel for my visit to jacksonville we were told that we would receive the military rate, as she is currently an active duty marine stationed in jacksonville. When I arrived to check in I was shocked to hear that they would not be honoring the military rate that we were told when we booked the room. I will never stay here again when I come to visit my sister!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chipd889
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear chipd889,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 February 2013

This Hotel was amazing from check in to check out. Room was clean & very well kept. Quiet and nice. Well worth the money w/ our military discount. Staff was professional when we needed to stay an extra day very nice & well spoken. A must stay if you love nice things at a excellent price..

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Cece2286
Candlewood_GM_JKVNC, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you so much for the great review! We hope that you will return to stay again soon! Our staff will be looking forward to your next visit. Remember our outdoor gazebo area equipped with gas grills are perfect for that BBQ while you are away from base if you visit this spring or summer.
Thanks again for the compliments!

Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

Clean, comfortable stay for my young daughter and I. I am single mom and always cautious when traveling, felt safe here. They accomodated a early check in request. The location was a bit further away from Camp Geiger than I thought, but all in all great!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank ms8wotw
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Great staff!!! Feels like home. They treat you like family. They remember your name. My room was amazing and the beds were awesome! DVD player in my room, flat screen tv! I was able to cook and save some money. Felt like a queen! Everything was always spic and span!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends