“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Largo, Florida
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Jacksonville, NC is a military town. That means lots of folks coming and going all of the time. It's not a vacation destination it's a major USMC town. This hotel is an average quality extended stay type property. It's not new and it's not very well maintained. The rooms have kitchens so you are very likely to get a room where the last person who stayed there cooked food and the odor of that food remains. The front desk staff were pleasant but not shiny & happy. Bottom-line: my bill was wrong, it took days to correct it and my room smelled like a fish camp. I won't stay here again. There are better hotel options available in Jacksonville, NC.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TroyGuy50
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear TroyGuy50,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here while in nc to go to the beach. Love the fact that hey are beside a wal mart was able to shop for food and store it in our full side fridge in the room. Pool area is small but great for kids and love cooking out on the grill. Also you can check out books and movies in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank tanchick84
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Well from the gt go this was a horrible place to stay. Was quoted an amount on the phone upon arrival they had uped the charge. Then tons of miscommunication on the front desks part one person would tell you one thing another person something completely different. Our room stunk from the garage disposal and when they cleaned the room noone did anything about it. They always forgot to give us towels when they cleaned our room. The lock to the outside was broken so you couldn't use the stairs anytime unless you were going out. The pool which is shared with holiday inn was gross half the time and never opened when it was supposed to. Definitely wouldn't stay there again because of the trouble to get everything straightened out on our bill. It took three hours of me missing work to get them to fix my room rate and all thither problems we were having. And to.top all that they apparently had a problem with us because no one wanted to handle.our complaints but all.of them knew about them like they were talking about us one girls exact words were oh your the people in 311. Horrible

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank traveler060107
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear traveler060107,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we were not able to satisfy you with the service you have received. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I ended up staying here for over two weeks. The person who helped me book helped me get the lowest rate for both my room (a one bedroom suite) and a room for my mom (a queen sized room - not a suite). Both my mom and I (and my husband) were impressed with how nice and clean the rooms were. The linen was all clean, the bed was comfortable.
What I particularly liked is the kitchen. The counters are granite, the stove, microwave, and dishwasher all work great (even if I didn't have many dishes to put in the dishwasher). The kitchen comes well-equipped with several pots and pans, a colander, dishes, and silverware. It would be nice if it were equipped with a couple more sets of everything (glasses, dishes, silverware), but still - it's all there. It also has a little pantry area you can store your own food.
It's about a 10 minute drive to base with only a few turns. Walmart is within walking distance (as are Sally Beauty, RadioShack, a nail salon, Rainbow, and a few other stores).
The staff is incredibly helpful. One of the staff remembered what room I was in before I could remember it.
The treadmill in the workout room isn't so great, and the hallways don't get vacuumed daily, but overall a great place to stay.
Also, the longer you stay, the lower your price gets.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank abandba
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have stayed here two times. I love the help I received both times from Trisha and Kristy. They are amazing. They work at the front desk, and are are extremely helpful. Please commend them, as this type of helpful professionalism isn't common. Nice location. Free parking.

Also, when Trisha was not available to help me, Jalisa and Treasure have been referred to me to ask for. Kristy steps in whenever anyone else is busy.

It isn't always about the room, but about the helpfulness, the clarity and the understanding of each hotel front desk personnel. This, to me, goes a LONG way.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mom4kids_13
Candlewood_GM_JKVNC, Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you for all your kind words! Our staff's goal is to provide great customer service to every guest every day! We appreciate your continue loyalty to our hotel as we know you have many options!
Our staff was very happy to see your post!
Thanks again!
Kristy, Trisha, Treasure and Jalisa and the rest of the Candlewood Team
Dansville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I loved staying here! Quite, nice rooms. Pool was a plus. Easy to get to.... I would stay here again. Within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Free laundry.... Nice kitchen... Ice maker in refrigerator ....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DonnaM692
Candlewood_GM_JKVNC, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. The Candlewood Suites team appreciates the kind words and we are happy that your stay with us was "Wonderful".
We look forward to seeing you again! Come back and visit again this summer. The pool is warming up nicely, the gas grills are ready to cook your favorite BBQ food and we have our Cornhole board out and ready for a good game!

Thanks again for the review!
The Candlewood Team:
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

When my sister booked this hotel for my visit to jacksonville we were told that we would receive the military rate, as she is currently an active duty marine stationed in jacksonville. When I arrived to check in I was shocked to hear that they would not be honoring the military rate that we were told when we booked the room. I will never stay here again when I come to visit my sister!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chipd889
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear chipd889,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.