“Excellent Hotel”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 8 March 2013

My family stayed at the Suburban Extended Stay in February, 2013. This was one of the best cleanest hotelw I have stayed in. The rooms were very spacious and neat. The room was equipped with everything you would need for an extended stay. The staff was very courteous and friendly. When visiting in Jacksonville, NC we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be a good choice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your kind words about our hotel being clean and a perfect setup for your needs. We strive to make everyone's stay with us a pleasant experience.

We look forward to serving your needs upon your next visit to Jacksonville.

Thanks,

Reviewed 3 March 2013

This hotel is actually quite close to the main gate of Camp Lejeune. The location was about the only thing I cared for in this hotel. Mind you the room, although it was small, was clean and serviceable. The fridge and kitchen were just fine but I would rather not have to listen to the sound of my refrigerator all night long as the room was a very small studio kind of layout.

I was more turned off by the fact that there were a lot of seemingly unsavory characters milling about. If you're used to staying in extended stay hotels, this place might not be an issue for you. However if you are not used to places like this, you might be a bit thrown off. The feel of the place was somewhat shabby and combine that with a lot of dirty day laborers looking like they had just come from the coal mines, I shudder to think what was in my room before I got there.

Ultimately I had a good experience at this hotel. However I take it seriously when after telling some locals where I was staying they looked at me with great concern in their eyes and said to try and move as soon as possible.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Let me apologize for the refrigerator sound? Did you inform the front desk? They would have been glad to assist your with your situation.

We do provide lodging for a varied degree of clientele, from our great military members to construction crews to normal travelers alike, we attend to all, whether it’s for one night or several.

We don’t have, nor allow, any ‘unsavory characters’, although I can understand how some of the construction crews can come off with this appearance, but I can assure you, they are just hard working individuals who are working on the base.

I am pleased that overall it was a good experience, that the room was clean, our staff takes great pride in our hotel, whether it be the condition of our hotel to our staff service.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I had a one night stay! I had a black spot in the middle of my carpet when I checked in and made sure the front desk knew about it. My friend's room smelled like feet and/or dead fish. The supplied her with Febreze to spray the room, however it was not enough. They comped her room, but we will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

First, let me humbly apologize for the small black spot on the carpet in the room, it is a mark that hasn’t come up from many attempts by my maintenance staff to do so. I know that my Assistant Manager spoke with you Saturday morning when you checked out and she refunded your room by 40% immediately at checkout.

I regret that this has hindered your view of our hotel, as you can view from the many reviews we have on Trip Advisor, we take great pride in our hotel, whether it be the condition of our hotel to our staff service. We have been awarded a Gold Award by Choice for the second consecutive year, based off our customer surveys.

We take any complaint as an opportunity to improve; we will look into both complaints and look for ways to improve upon the experience for future guests.

Please accept my apology from myself and my wonderful staff, hopefully you’ll give us another opportunity to win your business in the future but I understand if you choose not to.

Again, Thank you for taking the time to let us know where we can improve; it greatly helps me to know where to focus our team on improvements.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Entire staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable! Reliable room service. Excellent location. Located directly in the middle of Camp Lejeune, Camp Johnson, and MCAS New River! Highly recommend this hotel for Marines, Navy, and families visiting the bases!

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the O House which is next door...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin C
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thanks for commenting on our hotel, especially as it was related to our staff! We do our best to make your staff as pleasant as possible!

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Very nice hotel. It is clean and the staff is very friendly and attentive to the needs of the traveler. Wonderful laundry facilities and exercise room. Each room has an efficency kitchen that is very nice. Parking may be a bit difficult if you come in later at night.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JLHRD
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and out staff. We strive to make you stay with us a pleasant experience.

Thanks again for taking your valuable time to fill out this review and the Choice survey.

We look forward to serving your needs upon your next visit to Jacksonville.

Thanks,

Reviewed 29 January 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel after going to Jacksonville N.C. for her brother`s funeral.We were very surprised at the cleanliness and atmosphere there.They also had a stove and full refrigerator in which we were surprised.The front desk service was very nice and friendly also.The hotel is close to a lot of restaurants and shopping places too.We would definitely stay there again and would recommend this hotel to our friends.

N.Peters
Pittsburgh,Pa.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your staff, especially after such an emotional trip.

We appreciate your time and comments about our hotel and staff.

Rick

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We came to the hotel on a Monday night after getting off a plane that flew in from Hawaii (with 3 layovers), and of course we were extremely tired. I had already booked with the hotel and so check in was extremely fast and easy. We walked in the room and I was not expecting much, but it was clean, smelled fresh, and the beds were nice and firm. We've been looking for a house, and was only expecting to stay a few days. That plan fell through and so I had to extend our stay another week. The front desk clerk was very professional, and helpful. She simply typed in what days we needed, scanned our room cards and we were all set. One complaint I do have about our stay was how there were a lot of loud construction workers for a couple of days, but I have kids so it wasn't that big of a deal. Also, the outside doors do not lock. It says that you need a key card to enter, but they were not locked at all. If it were in a bad neighborhood I might have complained about it a little more, but it's still dangerous to have your side doors unlocked where anyone can enter, and not have to pass the front desk at all. Other than that, our stay has been, and is going extremely well.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
seslejeune, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you for your review and for extending your stay with us, that is why we are here to service your needs, even when the unexpected occurs.

I will look into our doors they should operate with key cards to ensure that they are working properly. Thank you for making us aware.

Thanks again for making us your lodging provider, we truly appreciate this honor.