“pleasant hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This is a nice, pleasant hotel with typical furnishings. It's primary advantage is its location - it is on Western Blvd situated within walking distance to several nice restaurants and stores. The stores are not quaint shops mind you - but are big name retailers such as Lowes, Staples, Dick's Sporting Goods, and Walmart. There is plenty of parking, a small but clean outdoor pool, on site laundry facilities, and vending machines. There is a breakfast served every morning that is okay - cereal, toast, oatmeal, milk, fruit, etc. Not a very big spread but serves the purpose. The rooms are average - tub/shower, sink with small counter, small alcove for hanging clothes, small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. There is a 37" flat screen tv and king size bed. Heat/cool is the dreaded floor unit mounted beneath the window, but it works fine. Rooms and hotel are spotless, and I experienced no noise or disturbances during a week-long stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Patrick H
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville

Reviewed 12 December 2012

This Fairfield is no where close to the quality I am use to. I am on the road a lot and usually stay at hampton inn or Marriott hotels because of quality. I am very disappointed and only stayed because it was raining hard and I didn't want get soaked while loading my bags back in my car. I would recommend someone stay at a discount motel because the quality will be about the same. The rooms remind me of a best western 20 years ago and I think the towels might actually be that old

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Wonderful hotel and staff. As my son's deployment date/time fro Camp LaJuene and his Grandmother's plans ket changing, the hotel staff kept us on track and was super accomodating. The suite worked out perfectly and hot tub was such a stress reliefer. can't say enough. I was using my Marriot points and they treated my family and I like kings. Will come back as my first choice.

Room Tip: Suite worked out well, sofa bed was well above average. did not need 2 rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MJonesPE
amorg430, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you! We know your time is valuable and we appreciate you taking the time to publish your comments.

Being part of a military community we understand the importance of being flexible with planning, and we want to make sure we are a help and not a hindrance. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love it when we can make our guest's day. I will be sure to print this comment out and share with the rest of the staff. They will be so excited.
And finally, please extend our gratitude to your son for his service, we appreciate it.

We look forward to seeing you all again very soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

The hotel's exterior gives the illusion that it's fairly new but the rooms are beyond outdated! To me it looks like it was another hotel chain and Marriott took it over. I have stayed at Fairfield Inn several times before in other cities and none of them looked like this.

It was very clean (don't get me wrong), but not up-to-date. They are in serious need of a cosmetic makeover and modernization to the room.

Oh and to end, the walls are PAPER THIN. I could hear the people in the rooms next to me close the refrigerators, cough, and have conversations where I could make out every word they were saying (and they weren't even being loud).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Stayed here because I'm a Marriott rewards member and there aren't too many Marriott's in town. At $120 a night, it's was expensive for a Fairfield but competitive in the Jacksonville area. Because of the Marine bases, hotel demand is high because of contractors, families, and transient Marines. Hotel was clean, breakfast was OK. If you wasn't something hot, McDonald's is just next door. Controls on the shower were reversed in my room and I didn't think I had hot water the first day. Either fix it or tell guests when they arrive. I was expecting to be comped for the inconvenience but wasn't. Some rewards points would have been nice. Free wireless internet but i was hard to get in my room. In the afternoon, fresh homemade cookies in the lobby are nice if you get back to the hotel before they are gone! Front desk staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get close to the lobby for a good internet connection.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank xnayontheamenay
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband just spent 2 nights at this hotel. He was first taken to a room that smelled so badly of mildew and some other horrible smell that he couldn't stay there. They gave him another room, a suite, for the night and it was better, but still very damp. Because that room was $40 more per night they required him to move again for his second night. This time they gave him a regular king room on the third floor that had clearly been renovated. The carpet was cleaner and it did not smell or feel damp at all. If he went back, he would only stay there if he could have one of the newly renovated rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BUsd
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This was our fourth stay at this particular hotel...clean,quiet, convenient, friendly, and a great breakfast!
Highly recommend....