“Great customer service and a great stay, too”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Trenton, New Jersey
“Great customer service and a great stay, too”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I used to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites every time I visited Jacksonville. I still remember one of the receptionists who I sometimes visit when I go back! The rooms were always clean, they were always nice, and they helped out with reservations whenever it was needed. My only complaint is that they don't allow pets, and since we recently adopted a dog, we can no longer stay there on our visits. Otherwise, we'd go back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
NC
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We booked our stay at this particular hotel due to the pretty good reviews and because we have enjoyed staying at hotels in the Choice Hotels family in the past. As a frequent traveler, I have definitely stayed at worse but was not pleased with my stay at the Sleep Inn in Jacksonville.

Staff
The staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to be kind when entering/exiting the hotel, during check in, etc. Very friendly in that regard.

Room
The room wasn't horrible but I was definitely anticipating it to me more of a suite as shown in the pictures. The rooms looked quite a bit different than what is shown in the pictures online - I felt that the rooms were a lot more dated...the pictures are deceptive. I was also displeased with the overall quality of the room. We could not open the windows as they were severely off the track and furthermore would fall back down once we let go of them. The fixtures in the shower were very loose and were coming out of the wall. They boast free wifi and have many networks you can join but no one in our party could access it (we tried at different times throughout our stay) and we all gave up after trying to connect for 10 minutes. The AC also didn’t seem to work too well and when we had it on it smelled very musty and was noisy.

Sleep Factor
This Sleep Inn boasts that it is sleep/dream friendly, etc. The bed and pillows were awesome - extremely comfortable. Unfortunately we had one horrible nights sleep as the AC starting making an awful squeaking noise (think squeaky belts in your car) that actually woke me up. I changed the knobs around in an attempt to make the sound go away - this was at 4:30AM but it kept going. I considered reporting to the front desk at that time but decided that moving everything to another room in the middle of the night would have made getting back to sleep practically impossible. Eventually I had to shut off the AC and because the windows were broken we couldn't get any cool air inside the room so we were toasty. This was probably the worst sleep I have ever had at a hotel, which was ironic given the attention this company claims to pay to the sleep factor.

Cleanliness
Overall, the hotel is pretty clean. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for our room. There was hair in the shower when we walked into the room. There was also around stain (1-2" in diameter) on the comforter - that was particularly disgusting. Also, general nastiness on the floor to the point where I felt dirty just walking around barefoot.

Breakfast
Actually wasn't horrible - fruit, bagels, muffins, toast, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, etc. We were full after eating it and didn't get sick.

Overall
A below average stay - just a lot of little things that added up, none that were too problematic on their own (with the exception of the big problem with the AC), but when you looked at the totality of the circumstances, the bad outweighed the good in my book so I cannot recommend this hotel. We will not be back next time we are in the area. There are far too many other hotels competitively priced to chance suffering through another sleepless night like I had at this particular hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Liz V, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear C L,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, NC by filling out a property survey. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Sleep Inn brand. I was sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with multiple aspects of your stay with us. If you would like to discuss any of these issues in further detail, I invite you to contact me directly at (910) 478-0099 or gm.nc380@choicehotels.com. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

With your input, we can constantly monitor and change our product to maintain the high standards of quality and performance that have become a Sleep Inn tradition.

It was indeed our pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, NC.

Torrance, California
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a one nighter. Very friendly and polite staff. The room was well maintained but noticed the bathtub wasn't rinsed properly and was a bit questionable. A little ding but other than that the room was like any other choice hotel. Fair prices. Especially since they serve breakfast everyday and was close to everything you would need/want ie: target, mcdonalds, bank etc. it is also a short drive to camp lejeune which is perfect since I'll be visiting my bf more often. Perfect hotel for anyone looking for a quick over night "sleep inn"

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear KB671,

We appreciated the chance to have you as our guest during your recent trip to the Camp Lejeune area. Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites and thank you also for taking the time to share your experiences with our hotel with other TripAdvisor members. Your willingness to share your thoughts is genuinely appreciated.

I was pleased to learn of your overall satisfaction with our staff, facilities and that your stay was really quite enjoyable. While we appreciate knowing the things that pleased you, we also like to know where we can improve. I am very sorry that your bathroom's tub had not been cleaned to our normally high standards. With your input, we can constantly monitor our product to maintain high standards of quality and performance that have become a Sleep Inn tradition. Thank you again for your comments.

It was indeed our pleasure serving you. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Sleep Inn & Suites of Jacksonville, NC and hope to earn a 5-star review from you following your next stay with us.

Charlotte
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The hotel had a recent facelift, it's not a new property. Everything is very nice and fresh looking sort of a Hampton/Fairfield look. I had a double room, so the bed is pretty much one person. My room was fairly quite, it was facing Western Blvd so there was some traffic noise. But a good night sleep overall. Friendly staff. Lots of breakfast choices, good coffee, the eggs did not taste that good though. Plenty of food nearby for dinner. This is a good value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Liz V, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear BW2,

Thank you so much for trusting the Sleep Inn & Suites to serve your lodging needs during your recent trip to the Jacksonville, NC area! We appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with our hotel with us and with other TripAdvisor members via your online review.

I am so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found our hotel to be very fresh and clean. I also like to know that our staff was friendly and that our amenities were just what you were looking for in a hotel! While we appreciate knowing the things that please you, we also like to know where we can improve. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the taste of the eggs we serve at breakfast. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

I hope that you will find yourself in eastern North Carolina again soon, maybe even for a pleasure trip next time; there are so many fun activities and great attractions in our area. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, NC and hope to earn a 5-star review from you following your next stay.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Staff was very pleasant to interact with, and helpful when asked. Breakfast was very good. Coffee fresh all day, but no juice. Fresh baked cookies at front counter, and free beer and pizza 330pm Wednesday nights.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the money. Wednesday nights nice if you're into pizza n beer, not my thing.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
sandip1996, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Dear Christopher M.,

We appreciated the chance to have you as our guest during your recent trip to the Jacksonville, NC area. I am so glad to hear that you had a very positive experience with our hotel!

We strive to provide such a great stay for all of our guests. We realize that things like a good breakfast, a clean hotel, and friendly staff are the things that will keep our guests coming back time and time again, and I am happy that we delivered all of these things to you. Thank you, also, for leaving a room tip regarding our Manager's Reception for other TripAdvisor members to read. We appreciate the online collaboration that our guests participate in!

I sincerely hope that you will find yourself in eastern North Carolina again soon and that you'll allow us to welcome you back to the Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, NC.

Four Oaks, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night, it was a mix of business, the Snead's Ferry Shrimp festival, and the beach. The bed slept so well, it didn't want to get up! Might as well sleep in at the Sleep Inn. =) The room was very clean without any weird odors; the hotel was very well taken care of and this was evident in the all areas (outside landscaping, lobby, and rooms). The decor was very modern. Most hotels with small cracks in the tile floor would leave them, but I noticed the Sleep Inn repairs them, little things make a big difference. The breakfast was not the best I had ever had, but my husband and I did go to breakfast 30 minutes before it ended. I still enjoyed a delicious hotel waffle, eggs, and a cup of coffee. I would highly reccommend staying here for a clean, modern hotel stay.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Chesley B.,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review of the experiences you had with us here at the Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, NC. We appreciate that you took the time to share your story with us and with other TripAdvisor members via your online review.

I am so glad to hear that you were satisfied with so many things, including the comfort of our beds, the decor within our hotel, and the well-maintained appearance of the interior and exterior of our property. While we appreciate knowing the things that please you, we also like to know where we can improve. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with our hotel's breakfast. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

With feedback from our guests, we can continuously monitor and improve the quality of the products and services we offer. Thank you again for your TripAdvisor review and I hope that you'll be able to return to Jacksonville soon! We'd love the chance to earn a 5-star review from you following your next stay.

Pgh
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel was really nice-it exceeded my expectations for the price I paid for my stay. It was central to absolutely everything-including Camp Lejeune. I was allowed to check in early with no problem (only an hour or so but still flexibility is always a plus) and check in was a breeze. The room was clean, felt newly updated, and had a working fridge and microwave. I will definitely be staying here again. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
sandip1996, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear lkc137,

Thank you so much for the glowing review you wrote regarding your recent stay with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, NC. I am so glad to hear that you were completely satisfied with your stay and that you'd certainly return here if you needed lodging in our area in the future.

The things that you mentioned in your review as the best parts of your stay are things that we know are important to all of our guests. I am happy to know that we provided you with a clean, comfortable, well-designed room to stay in! I will also pass your comments on to our staff so that they will know that our guests are recognizing the hard work they're putting into making the Sleep Inn one of the best hotels near Camp Lejeune!

Again, thank you for your 5-star review of our property. We hope that you'll be able to return to our area again soon to this area, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep Inn & Suites!