“Great service, thin walls” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Williiamsburg, VA
“Great service, thin walls”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hotel is in a great location if you are visiting the Marine Corps bases, and it's convenient to lots of restaurants close by. The front desk and breakfast personnel were very friendly and helpful.
The room was clean and spacious and it was great to have windows that opened. The problem is how thin the walls are. You hear all the goings-on in the hallways and in nearby rooms.
Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Liz V, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear mrs_chrism,

Thank you for reaching out to us following your recent visit to our hotel with a TripAdvisor hotel review. I am so happy to know that you were generally very satisfied with your visit to the Sleep Inn & Suites of Jacksonville, NC. We appreciate knowing that you found our hotel to be very clean and comfortable, that our staff provided a very high level of service during your stay, and that our location was convenient for visiting the local Marine Corps bases.

While we like hearing the things that pleased you, we also like to know where we can improve. I am very sorry that you were not pleased with the quietness of your guest room and that you were disturbed by the noise of other guests at our hotel. If you ever experience a problem of any sort during a future stay with us, please report it immediately and my staff will work to correct it for you.

We want all of our guests to be completely satisfied with every aspect of every stay at our hotel. Thank you for making such specific comments as to how we could have improved your particular visit to our hotel. I hope that you will be able to return again soon to the Jacksonville area. We look forward to having the chance to earn a 5-star review from you following your next stay with us!

Liz Vestido

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here on business and was welcomed by a very pleasant woman upon check in. Room was incredibly clean and surprisingly spacious, bed was very comfortable. Close to many areas of shopping. Will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank rxfiller
Liz V, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear rxfiller,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with Sleep Inn & Suites of Jacksonville, NC by filling out a TripAdvisor review. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us and with others online is genuinely appreciated.

I was pleased to learn of your satisfaction with our staff, facilities and that your stay was so enjoyable. With your input, we can constantly monitor our product to maintain high standards of quality and performance that have become a Sleep Inn tradition. Thank you again for your comments.

It was indeed our pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Sleep Inn & Suites of Jacksonville, NC.

Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I used to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites every time I visited Jacksonville. I still remember one of the receptionists who I sometimes visit when I go back! The rooms were always clean, they were always nice, and they helped out with reservations whenever it was needed. My only complaint is that they don't allow pets, and since we recently adopted a dog, we can no longer stay there on our visits. Otherwise, we'd go back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We booked our stay at this particular hotel due to the pretty good reviews and because we have enjoyed staying at hotels in the Choice Hotels family in the past. As a frequent traveler, I have definitely stayed at worse but was not pleased with my stay at the Sleep Inn in Jacksonville.

Staff
The staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to be kind when entering/exiting the hotel, during check in, etc. Very friendly in that regard.

Room
The room wasn't horrible but I was definitely anticipating it to me more of a suite as shown in the pictures. The rooms looked quite a bit different than what is shown in the pictures online - I felt that the rooms were a lot more dated...the pictures are deceptive. I was also displeased with the overall quality of the room. We could not open the windows as they were severely off the track and furthermore would fall back down once we let go of them. The fixtures in the shower were very loose and were coming out of the wall. They boast free wifi and have many networks you can join but no one in our party could access it (we tried at different times throughout our stay) and we all gave up after trying to connect for 10 minutes. The AC also didn’t seem to work too well and when we had it on it smelled very musty and was noisy.

Sleep Factor
This Sleep Inn boasts that it is sleep/dream friendly, etc. The bed and pillows were awesome - extremely comfortable. Unfortunately we had one horrible nights sleep as the AC starting making an awful squeaking noise (think squeaky belts in your car) that actually woke me up. I changed the knobs around in an attempt to make the sound go away - this was at 4:30AM but it kept going. I considered reporting to the front desk at that time but decided that moving everything to another room in the middle of the night would have made getting back to sleep practically impossible. Eventually I had to shut off the AC and because the windows were broken we couldn't get any cool air inside the room so we were toasty. This was probably the worst sleep I have ever had at a hotel, which was ironic given the attention this company claims to pay to the sleep factor.

Cleanliness
Overall, the hotel is pretty clean. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for our room. There was hair in the shower when we walked into the room. There was also around stain (1-2" in diameter) on the comforter - that was particularly disgusting. Also, general nastiness on the floor to the point where I felt dirty just walking around barefoot.

Breakfast
Actually wasn't horrible - fruit, bagels, muffins, toast, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, etc. We were full after eating it and didn't get sick.

Overall
A below average stay - just a lot of little things that added up, none that were too problematic on their own (with the exception of the big problem with the AC), but when you looked at the totality of the circumstances, the bad outweighed the good in my book so I cannot recommend this hotel. We will not be back next time we are in the area. There are far too many other hotels competitively priced to chance suffering through another sleepless night like I had at this particular hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Liz V, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear C L,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, NC by filling out a property survey. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Sleep Inn brand. I was sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with multiple aspects of your stay with us. If you would like to discuss any of these issues in further detail, I invite you to contact me directly at (910) 478-0099 or gm.nc380@choicehotels.com. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

With your input, we can constantly monitor and change our product to maintain the high standards of quality and performance that have become a Sleep Inn tradition.

It was indeed our pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, NC.

Torrance, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a one nighter. Very friendly and polite staff. The room was well maintained but noticed the bathtub wasn't rinsed properly and was a bit questionable. A little ding but other than that the room was like any other choice hotel. Fair prices. Especially since they serve breakfast everyday and was close to everything you would need/want ie: target, mcdonalds, bank etc. it is also a short drive to camp lejeune which is perfect since I'll be visiting my bf more often. Perfect hotel for anyone looking for a quick over night "sleep inn"

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear KB671,

We appreciated the chance to have you as our guest during your recent trip to the Camp Lejeune area. Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites and thank you also for taking the time to share your experiences with our hotel with other TripAdvisor members. Your willingness to share your thoughts is genuinely appreciated.

I was pleased to learn of your overall satisfaction with our staff, facilities and that your stay was really quite enjoyable. While we appreciate knowing the things that pleased you, we also like to know where we can improve. I am very sorry that your bathroom's tub had not been cleaned to our normally high standards. With your input, we can constantly monitor our product to maintain high standards of quality and performance that have become a Sleep Inn tradition. Thank you again for your comments.

It was indeed our pleasure serving you. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Sleep Inn & Suites of Jacksonville, NC and hope to earn a 5-star review from you following your next stay with us.

Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The hotel had a recent facelift, it's not a new property. Everything is very nice and fresh looking sort of a Hampton/Fairfield look. I had a double room, so the bed is pretty much one person. My room was fairly quite, it was facing Western Blvd so there was some traffic noise. But a good night sleep overall. Friendly staff. Lots of breakfast choices, good coffee, the eggs did not taste that good though. Plenty of food nearby for dinner. This is a good value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Liz V, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear BW2,

Thank you so much for trusting the Sleep Inn & Suites to serve your lodging needs during your recent trip to the Jacksonville, NC area! We appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with our hotel with us and with other TripAdvisor members via your online review.

I am so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found our hotel to be very fresh and clean. I also like to know that our staff was friendly and that our amenities were just what you were looking for in a hotel! While we appreciate knowing the things that please you, we also like to know where we can improve. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the taste of the eggs we serve at breakfast. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

I hope that you will find yourself in eastern North Carolina again soon, maybe even for a pleasure trip next time; there are so many fun activities and great attractions in our area. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, NC and hope to earn a 5-star review from you following your next stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Staff was very pleasant to interact with, and helpful when asked. Breakfast was very good. Coffee fresh all day, but no juice. Fresh baked cookies at front counter, and free beer and pizza 330pm Wednesday nights.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the money. Wednesday nights nice if you're into pizza n beer, not my thing.