We spent one night at the Sleep Inn and think it is a very good place to stay. I debated giving it five stars since it really is an "excellent" Sleep Inn, but that might make it sound like a luxury hotel, so I resisted. I would recommend a stay at this Sleep Inn. We were pleased with our visit.
The room was comfortable with a nice upholstered chair in addition to the desk chair, comfortable updated bedding and a comfortable mattress (it felt like it has a pillowtop). It felt more like a Comfort Inn and a step above most Sleep Inns. It was clean and the only complaint I have is with a slight odor each time we entered the room (not noticed after we were there a few minutes). It was a musty smell overlayed with the smell of a cleaner of some sort. They had been having a lot of rain in Jacksonville and this was a first floor room so that may have contributed to the odor. It was not bad enough to mention to the desk though. Perhaps a higher floor would not have a problem with that.
The staff was very friendly and there were cookies at the desk when we arrived. I was very happy that the establishment is smoke free and there was no danger of lingering smoke smell in the room.
The breakfast was really good. They had not only scrambled eggs but also boiled egg, and sausage. There was also the regulars - cereal, bagels, pastry, and a waffle machine. They also had yogurt and very tasty fruit cups. The woman in the dining area was nice too.
The hotel is located in a good spot and is very close to all sorts of shopping -- you could even walk to stores if you wished. The price of the room was very good as well. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sleep Inn & Suites(R) hotel is ideally located minutes away from historic military facilities like Marine Corps Air Station New River, Camp Johnson and Camp Geiger. Nearby Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune is home to the U.S. Marine Corps' largest amphibious training facility. This Jacksonville, NC hotel is less than one mile from Coastal Carolina Community College.Enjoy Sam's Ranch with over 350 beautiful acres ideal for horseback riding and Jacksonville Commons Recreation Complex with laser tag and skateboarding. Take the ferry, canoe, boat or kayak to the quiet and pristine Hammocks Beach State Park where visitors can experience wild ponies and educational seminars.Golfing is available in many locations throughout Onslow County. The Atlantic Ocean and New River area offer all types of water sports. There are several restaurants and cocktail lounges in the surrounding area. Browse a wide variety of specialty and antique shops at nearby Swansboro.Full-service features and amenities include: Free Morning Medley Hot Breakfast Free coffee in the lobby Free local calls Free USA Today Free wireless high-speed Internet accessGuests are invited to take advantage of the manager's reception on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Enjoy a workout in the fitness center and relax by the seasonal outdoor pool.Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like access to fax services, an on-site business center and two-line speakerphones with voice mail. Also enjoy our freshly baked cookies upon check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn And Suites -Jacksonville
- Sleep Inn & Suites -Jacksonville Hotel Jacksonville
- Sleep Inn Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Sleep Inn