“Better than expected!”

Sunset Inn
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Better than expected!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

At the low price of $60 a night, I wasn't expecting anything too fancy. I needed a hotel close to the Jacksonville airport after staying in Wilmington all week. First pulling up, it looked like a run down motel. The lobby was pretty nice, clean and updated. I got to my room and was amazed! It was updated, pretty clean, and a lot better than expected. I only have a few complaints. 1. The bathroom was not very clean. The shower had soap residue on the wall that I could wipe off with my finger. There was a brown stain dripping down the outside of the tub. There was mold on the shower curtain. 2. There were fruit flies everywhere! I couldn't eat my dinner without the flies in my face. 3. It did not feel very private. I could hear noises through the walls, and I even had someone in the room over bang on the wall because I was talking and they heard me. I could hear cars very clearly outside on the highway and the rain was so loud outside my door I could not sleep.
I cannot complain about these things because overall it was a great stay for the low price. I would definitely stay here again, and despite the few things I did not like, I would definitely recommend this motel to somebody else needing a cheap stay somewhere.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Cmarie33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
brookly
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Had to make a pit stop in Jacksonville while traveling the eastern seaboard and was pleasantly surprised when I stopped at Sunset Inn. The girl at the front counter was super nice and made me feel very comfortable since I was traveling alone. She shared with me all the nearby restaurants and gave me directions to the nearest beach. My room was very clean and I had plenty of towels and clean sheets. Most enjoyable stay and will stop there again if ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Monica P
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Leaving Myrtle Beach SC my husband decided to travel a scenic route home, choosing route 17 to VA, We had been on the road for several hours, it was getting late, then we found out it was going to be another 4 hours to home, we had been at the beach before leaving SC, so we were still sandy from the beach, sunblock smells and sweat......We decided to get a room, get showers, and get a good nights rest and finish our travels on Monday. That Shower was Amazing...A nice shower head, with just the right amount of pressure & Plenty of Hot Water, Wish my shower at home was that nice. I would recommend Sunset Inn...long as you are not particular about the age of a hotel's décor. You are just there to sleep & shower...Amazing Place to stay..& prices reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SONYA152
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I would definitely recommend this inn if your in town you should stop by. The employees are very nice and are willing to work with you to insure you have a comfortable stay. Very clean and safe environment. And they have several restaurants nearby including Walmart so your needs are met.
Once again customer service is very good and there's even a mall down the street for your other shopping needs.if I need a place to stay in Jacksonville,nc
It would be the sunset inn

• Stayed July 2013
Hudson, Ohio
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Had to take a quick trip to Jacksonville for a job and was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. The price was right, the staff was friendly, my room smelled great and was clean, my bed was comfortable, and the location was centrally located to everything I needed. If I ever have to make another last minute trip, I will undoubtedly book my stay @ Sunset Inn again!! VERY HAPPY!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nan B
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I had called ahead to ask if we would be able to park our big truck in the parking lot. I was told Yes. I then read some of the reviews and decided to see for myself. We.. {ME and my Husband}..arrived a little early ,as he had to make a delivery. They had a room ready. I asked to see it first. And the nice young lady took me to a room. It was a nice clean room..my issue with it was it was on the backside of the motel. So I asked to see another room. Closer to the front .I was shown this room and I felt real comfortable in it .It had a recliner chair, a nice king size bed and a wonderful makeup/sink area. The bathroom was nice and clean. They even had black out curtains so we could sleep better It had some spots. But to be able to sleep on a comfortable bed offset those. When we woke ..we went for the breakfast. Nothing special..,waffles,oatmeal,ceral,muffins,milk,juice,and coffee. It was filling and a good start to another working day. The staff was nothing but friendly and even when we checked out ..they asked if everything was o.k. And we will be back this way in a month and yes we will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 16 May 2013

nice motel for the price. the rooms were very clean. the front desk was very helpful in directions to the military base. there are several restraunts you can walk too. housekeeping did a excellent job bringing us fresh towels and supplies. i will stay here again my next visit to jacksonville nc. the price was very good compare to all them expensive hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family