“Friendly People!”

Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Kinston, North Carolina
“Friendly People!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed for a few days to visit family in the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Really knew what they were doin. Prices were great, especially compared to some of the other hotels in the area. Room was nice and clean. Did not have any bugs. (They have signs that no pets are allowed ! )Had a fridge and microwave in the room. The bed was more comfy than our bed at home! Could walk to all the eateries if we wanted.

They have breakfast too! Make your own waffles are good! And then the usual cereal, muffins biscuits with juice and coffee and tea. Just enough to get you going in the AM!Will stay here again when we come back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 220kalkan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My husband & I have stayed here a couple of times. The rooms are clean. The service is pretty good. Most rooms are decently priced, except the jacuzzi suite. There are little to none of these suites in Jville so I guess they think they can jack the price up & be ok with that. The traffic is somewhat noisy because your right on 17 but it's not unbearable. Overall I give it a 4 star.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank usmcwifemomof5
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stay here a couple days a month and I haven't even thought of going anywhere else. Numerous restaurant within walkingss distance. Walmart is very nearby also. Texas Roadhouse Applebee's Waffle House ruby Tuesdays Logan's roadhouse. Outback

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Paintball0
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

There is not enough space for me to write about all the things my husband and I found wrong with this hotel, if you can even call it that. We were only in the room 4 hours before checking out at 11 pm to go to another hotel because there were fleas in the bed. The tv/dvd player did not work properly and we were told that if we wanted to watch anything on the dvd player we would have to buy our own component cables. You could see daylight around all edges of the door and the locks barely closed, so we did not feel safe in the room whatsoever. And to top it all off when we went to the desk to ask for a refund for the night we would not be staying, since we had made our reservation for two nights we were told my the "manager" Michelle that it could not be processed because we were in the room for a few hours. We told her that we would be reporting to the BBB and that we wanted a full refund for the second night we were supposed to be there but were not, and we said we didn't even want a full refund for the first night, a half refund would be fine since we understood that we were in the room for a short period of time. I asked to speak to the property owner/manager and she told us that he "didn't do well with this type of thing" and that there was no number for us to call him at and he wouldn't be willing to speak with us. The room rate was 150.00 per night and was no where near worth that. We went back in the next day and finally got a refund for the second night and a partial refund for the night we left early. Upon getting the receipts for the refunds the property owner was there and started shouting at me, in another language that I did not understand, so we took our receipts and left. My husband and I stay at hotels quite frequently since I travel to see him since he is in the military and this is by far the worst experience we have ever had. I would not suggest that anyone stay at this establishment, poor customer service and an utter lack of respect and common decency. Horrible!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank A M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I came at Jacksonville for meeting my friend at military base, Cample jeune. The hotel is at good location just 10 miles away from base, there are also good restaurants and bars at walking distance. The rooms and nice with new furniture. The beds are comfortable too..I am surely staying in this hotel whenever I come there to visit again!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank david_mavs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

The staff was friendly. i awoke in the night to find bedbugs. I have pictures of the bugs. I have bites. I was given a refund, and told that there are no laws protecting me from this. I will not be staying there again. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Christopher M
Jacksonville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Perfectly located to all locations in Jacksonville. Staff was very friendly and professional. Rooms were very clean and very well furnished. Loved the rates, beats the other hotels in the area. I will stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple