“Great place for a cold beer”
Review of Carolina Ale House

Carolina Ale House
Ranked #6 of 249 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Great place for a cold beer”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This place has too many beers to list. There are TV's everywhere. Good place to go have a beer with the guys or take the wife and kids for a bite to eat. Nothing fancy and the food is pretty good. The music can be loud at times. My father had to turn his hearing aids off!

Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Excellent you can't go wrong!!!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Fantastic!!! Excellent food and service I only wish there was one in my home state or that I had the money to open an a franchise. One of the best sports bar/ restaurant that I have ever been too.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Fred C
Myersville, Maryland
“Room for improvement”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Tried this newer restaurant out during brief visit with our Marine son, and expected more from a place with a full parking lot. The menu selection was OK, and the beer listing was not quite as long as I thought a place with "ale" in it's name would have. It had lot of beers from NC, which is fine, but some of the other brews were not as exotic as you might expect. I had a "black and tan", which is made with half Guinness and half ale, usually Bass, and poured so the ale is in the bottom of the glass and the stout on the top part. The glass I received had the two blended together; the taste was alright, but still was not a black and tan. I also had the fish tacos, something I developed a taste for while living in San Diego, CA. The tacos were bland - could have used some chopped Serrano peppers, cilantro, cumin and maybe a little cayenne pepper; I.e. - something to zip up the flavor, and maybe encourage one to have more of the namesake ales. Didn't try any desserts. Service was attentive despite being very busy. TV screens were all over the place showing Saturday night NCAA football, which was fine by me. Note for chef(s): please be a little more adventurous with your seasonings!

Ogden, Utah
“excellent”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is one fun place the service is great and the food is excellent and plenty of choices of drinks.

Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Every year we stay in North Topsail beach in our summer home. We were disappointed to learn that a few of the employees from our favorite restaurant had moved on to Carolina Ale House. We usually dont drive into Jacksonville, but after hearing this we decided to take a trip and check the place out, WOW. Awesome atmoshpere, tv's every where, great upbeat music selection and our food was delicious! The staff seemed to be happy, even though it was a busy friday night. At the end of our meal we inquired to our server Brandon (btw he was not what you would expect for a sports bar, very attentive) if he could send a manager back our way. He promptly agreed. We were so excited to see that instead of the male manager (JT I think) one of the girls we were hoping to see came instead! Lisa has been a favorite of ours for years! We were also excited to Learn that Sam and Victoria had come along with her. These girls made our years on topsail so much fun! They worked all 3 of my daughters weddings and I just cant say enough about them and now, this restaurant! A wonderful experience over all! Great food, drinks, service and location! We will be sure to tell our summer neighbors that you are worth the drive! When are you building in Philly?