“My nieces wedding and mini family reunion”

MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Was at Camp Lejeune for my nieces wedding this past weekend, 5/25/13, really enjoy this hotel and the staff, the manager Lisa was so sweet, thought that she was a guest herself the way she treated the guest. Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the staff and hotel itself was very accomodating. The room was very nice, and accessible for my mom who was in a wheelchair,( Grandmother of the bride), the lobby was nice, the patio was beautiful, only thing missing was a pool. On the last day we had a mini family reunion for about three hours in the lobby and patio area, and the staff was so nice and helpful. I will stay at this hotel again whenever I take another trip to Jacksonville NC, which I hope is soon. Thanks Lisa, and your staff for such a pleasant stay .

Room Tip: Rooms for the wheelchair bound person are very spaceous and accessaible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank janet s
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Weddings are always so much fun, a great time to get together and catch up with family we otherwise don't see often. I am happy that our team helped make the special day an enjoyable one for you and the rest of the family. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Visiting son at Camp Lejeune. The most clean & comfortable place I've ever stayed. Even the gym. I felt like I was at home. I had a real kitchen, supplied so all I had to do was buy groceries. I LOVED the open cabinets in the bathroom. I won't stay anywhere else from now on. All staff treated me like family. Deana especially! Love her!!

1  Thank kitttycarr

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff and especially Deanna. We cant wait to have you come back and kick your feet up in our home!

Reviewed 18 May 2013

My husband and I stay here for a wknd. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are new and clean. It was quiet Friday night but Saturday was a little noisier. But not unbearable. The mirror in the bathroom is the only mirror in the hotel, which made getting dressed a slower process. No pool if you are looking to take a dip. Overall, nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Our owner is currently working on mirrors in the room area, to further make your stay more enjoyable. It is our pleasure to provide great service to you and your family. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

Where do I start. Excellent service. Clean and neat rooms. Price was great for my family of 5 in one room. The young man that was working the front desk in the morning offered to change the tv channel to cartoons for my kids while they ate breakfast. Nice firepit in the back of the hotel and they also have corn hole. Just wish our stay was longer then one night so we could have enjoyed the room more. Also we were given the government rate because we were there to see our son graduate from MCT.

• Stayed: May 2013
Christina M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Your comments are so appreciated! Our goal is to provide all guests with an exceptional stay. We are glad our teams hard work made your stay more enjoyable. Upon your return to Jacksonville we can not wait to see you again!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed her when going to visit my daughter and son in law. The hotel was clean, the people were very friendly and helpful. We did not ever make it to the breakfast but there was one included. In addition, they have a reception every night for the guests. We also did not attend any of those because we were very busy but it sounded nice. It was great having a kitchen. There is a patio out back with very comfortable chairs and a fire pit. The beds were comfortable but we did ask for the pillow top just in case. They don't automatically clean the room every day but we liked that. If you need something or want them to, they will come in and clean daily. The hotel is in a great location. There is a lounge in the lobby open at night. There is also a comfortable sitting area with many TVs. I can't say enough about this hotel. Will stay there again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nuscher143

It was our pleasure to have been able to provide you and your girlfriend with a clean and enjoyable place to stay. I am happy to hear you took advantage of our lounge and fire pit. Its a great way to relax and unwind at the end of the day. We look forward to see you in the future, and thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Recently stayed at the MainStay Suites for 2 weeks so I could work on Camp Lejeune. The staff (Dallas, Denna and Pete) were AWESOME; extremely friendly and helpful! Great hidden location....very quiet and I felt safe. They have a firepit, BBQ grill and cornhole game located on their patio which we used quite often. I'll definitely stay here any time I am in Jacksonville!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review! Our staff was happy to hear they were able to help you enjoy our beautiful city even more. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and look forward to serving you and your family on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My wife and I was staying here for one night, so to see our Marine at Camp Geiger. Location was great. Close to everything. The staff was very friendly, and very helpful. The lady that checked us in and out was great. (I did not notice her name on her name tag). I had seen where this hotel is rated #1 on Tripadvisor so I was looking for why. I first noticed the color of paint was not to my liking, and let me say, that it was not a big deal though. Once in our room, we found one of the lamps in the bedroom did not work, and the cover was coming off the air conditioner in the main room. I called front desk and while we were out, they fixed the cover on air unit. I didn't know about lamp until later that night, so I checked to see if it was plugged in and it was, just didn't work. If I ever stay again, I will request a top floor room, because you could hear the footsteps in room above. There are no vending or ice machines on any floor except the first floor. Had to ride elevator everytime you needed ice. Room was very clean, and price was very reasonable. I'm not sure that I would stay again because of room noise, and ice machine on 1st floor.

Room Tip: Request a pillow top for bed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Hi Jeff H.,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We try very hard to ensure each of our guests has a great stay, we appreciate your comments as they assist us in our goal to continue to improve. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Please let us know so that we may place your room on the top floor.