“Roaches!”

Mai Tai Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 266 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I walked in and the food looked mouth-watering, fresh and hot, but I saw roaches crawling all over a stack of napkins on the buffet. I can't tell you if the food was good because we walked out. My husband informed one of the staff members about the roaches, and she replied, if it was good for roaches it is good enough for him. No thank you.

1  Thank Live2Teach2008

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have been to this restaurant many times. It has always been fresh well prepared food. Always busy, but the food stays fresh and well presented.
It is definitely a local favorite. Very efficient serving staff. They turn over tables very quickly but they do not rush you to move out. You can relax, or hang out for as long as you like. I really enjoy the atmosphere when I'm not in a hurry. It is fun to watch the people enjoy themselves. ( I am a people watcher) It larger variety of if not two cities of food. I particularly like the chicken wings.
They have a large variety of well prepared, presented deserts.
I recommend it often to visitors and locals alike.

2  Thank Dalfin B
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Very good food. I mainly ate the sushi and the fresh grilled foods that they cook for you. You pick out all of the fresh veggies and meat and they stir fry it and add your sauce of choice. Delicious!!! Sushi was pretty good too. I was going for the healthier choices so stayed away from a lot of the traditional buffet foods. Why eat something that has sat around for a while when you can have it cooked fresh in minutes! Only disappointment was that after eating soooo healthy I was looking forward to the little fried dough puffs covered in sugar and they did not have them:(

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Best buffet in area. Numerous selections. Food is always hot. Staff is great. Food tastes authentic, not like 'cafeteria' food.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Apparently, you either like it or you don't. I've liked it for 28 of their 30 years in Jacksonville. David has been around a long, long time, and he surely must not eat at the Mai Tai because he is super thin. They've recently added a Hibachi Grill, but I haven't tried it. The Sushi is minimal in quantity. The draw is the buffet. Good salad and dessert bars, and they have assorted Chinese, and non-Chinese (or even Oriental for that matter) selections. I've always loved the chicken wings. The tea may be watered down, or not. My cousin fell out of love with this restaurant, but I have not. It does have much more competition.