“***Cotton Gin location only***”

Sanctuary Vineyards
Raleigh, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“***Cotton Gin location only***”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We visited the tasting room in the Nags Head Cotton Gin on a Sunday afternoon in late May. The "tasting area" is relatively small and I would imagine it would be difficult to fit more than 3-4 people at the bar at one time, but as the only two there right when it opened (at noon), we had no problems.

We told the Sanctuary Vineyard server what type of wine we usually drink and he arranged a lineup of tastings based on our preferences. Samples were generous and numerous- we each got to try about six different varieties. And did I mention tastings are completely FREE?

While we did not buy any immediately, there was one variety that I just could not get out of my mind, and later that afternoon, made a trip back to the Cotton Gin to buy a bottle. It is their new red table wine, The Plank, a "jammy" red muscadine that is like nothing you have ever tasted.

Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable, and I am kicking myself for not remembering his name. If you have the chance to make it up to Jarvisburg to see the vineyards, I am sure the experience is worth the drive. If not, definitely make sure to stop by their satellite location at one of the Cotton Gin stores.

5 Thank MoogleMouse

Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“WINE AND MORE”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have been to Sanctuary several times in the past. As a result of lovely tastings, my daughter decided she wanted local wine for her May 2014 wedding in the Outer Banks. John Wright was very helpful and always warm and friendly. The wine was a great hit at the wedding - only 3 bottles left. They have a lovely gift shop. Also, during the summer, on Thursday evenings, they have wine and music! I went to the first of the season this year on a soft, lovely night. The guitarist was terrific. You could taste and purchase any wine. They had two wine slushies as well. Their "yard" is a perfect, relaxing place.

1 Thank Valerie S
PA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful Service, Great Wines at Sanctuary Vineyards”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We love to eat/drink local so we stopped here to purchase some local wine while on vacation in Nags Head. The staff in the tasting room were very friendly, we tried many of their wines, which we enjoyed (and took plenty home!), there is also a nice gift shop, we will be visiting them on our next trip to the Outer Banks

1 Thank sweetpearn77
Selma, North Carolina
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Vist to the Tasting Room at Sanctuary Vineyards”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We did a wine tasting at the Sanctuary Vineyards in Jarvisburg, NC, today. Compared to so many of the wines we have tasted in FL,SC, and NC, Sanctuary Vineyards used a variety of grapes and produced wines with some complex flavors. The person who did our wine tasting was friendly and very open to answering our questions. We enjoyed the tasting and look forward to enjoying the wines we brought home with us. If you are in the area give Sanctuary Vineyards a try.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Jimmyhikes
Mukwonago, WI
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Perfect place for a special event!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We attended a wedding here. What a perfect place for a wedding and reception. Private, intimate gathering place, perfect for any special occasion. The food was catered...a Southern Barbecue with all of the yummy trimmings! Wines from the vineyard were served. There was a dance floor set up with a DJ. The atmosphere was festive and the decorations perfect, a good time was had my all!

Visited February 2014