“River Bliss”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Master Bedroom-upper level
Guest Bedroom with TV
Upper level guest
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

WaterdogI...
Wilmington, NC
“River Bliss”
Reviewed 28 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

I am almost reluctant to write this review as I would almost rather keep this place our own secret escape. My wife and I spent an incredibly relaxing week at By the River this July. First off, the house is just that...by the river. The owners obviously are serious about this as the entire outdoor area is focused on the river. You can sit at the picnic table on the deck, swing in the hammock or swing, or eat dinner on the adironack-style dining table outside all while taking in breathtaking views. Inside, the furnishings are more than adequate. The kitchen is especially nice with it's enormous butchers block and quiet dishwasher. The master bed is extremely comfortable and the master suite is very nice. The living room has very comfy chairs. The only drawback I noticed was that the Dish Network did not get ESPN, but who watches TV on vacation anyway? I'm sure my wife was actually relieved. Another thing to be aware of is that the house is very close to Hwy. 16 and you will experience some road noise. They are also currently widening the road and there is some construction in the area right now (July 2011). The great part about this house and this part of the country is that there is so much to do (or not do). You can tube, canoe or kayak down the New River. Hike the trails at New River and Mount Jefferson State parks, visit the art galleries in West Jefferson, hop on the Blue Ridge Parkway, or take a day trip to Boone or southwest Virginia. I grew up about 40 minutes from here and never realized the natural beauty of the area. Boy have I been missing out.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists

Your age range 55-64
NC
Reviewed 17 February 2011 for a stay in July 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
NC
Reviewed 17 February 2011 for a stay in June 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 65+
ringgold va
Reviewed 25 March 2010 for a stay in August 2008

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing