“Awesome place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
King Log Bed King log bed with mountain views
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
King Log Bed
King log bed with mountain views
Typical Breakfast
View of the property
Fall Colors
Sign with mascots
Bath for this suite
Horses riding by in front of the B&B
Picnic table with a view on the grounds!
Road to B&B is well maintained all winter
Neighbors come to visit on horseback
Local vineyard
Fall display in nearby Linville, NC
A bear in nearby Grandfather Mountain
Private Deck for Suite
A beautiful sunset!
More views
Fall foliage
Living Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

c56b42256
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Awesome place to stay”
Reviewed 16 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We had wonderful rooms, mine especially as I got a really big room with a lot of windows to see mountain views from, loved my bed big,soft and comfy. Took my two Granddaughters, one is 9 yrs. old, other 17 yrs. old (cousins), they looved there room too. Older Granddaughter had a nice comfortable bed, and younger used trundle bed, she was quite content with it. Magnificent mountain views in just about every location on property. Al and Jill treated us very well, Al makes a great breakfast, when he realized the 9 yr. old is a picky eater, he cooked some things just for her, and Jill sat with us during breakfast and helped me navigate places I wanted to take my Granddaughters, even made phone calls for us. I liked the fire pit,and sitting at gazebo, it was so quiet,calming and peaceful. especially since I don't drive at night anymore. My granddaughters got good wi-fi, of course they had to change phones and tablet to the wi-fi available there. My laptop did very well with the wi-fi. Not very good cell service, but to be expected, The girls got the room with TV, small refrigerator, and microwave. Great to have frig as we took packed lunches and drinks each day. Had our own private bath, and girls room was directly across from me. Exceptionally nice, helpful owners, I'd recommend staying here for anyone who wants to "get away from it all".

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
18 Apr 2017
Thank you, we really enjoyed meeting you and your adorable granddaughters!
SBFurr
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Superb in every way”
Reviewed 24 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My two special needs cats were welcome to come with me, and the pet fee is less than it would have been to board them. This is a major plus.

The 2 room suite was spotless, the king sized bed extremely comfy. The views from the windows were lovely, and walking down to the fire pit to watch the sunset was truly amazing with a view of mountains to the horizon. With the windows open and the ceiling fan on the rooms were comfy. I did note a heater in each room for winter months, but you'll never find me in the mountains for winter. The water pressure in the shower was enough for my very long, very thick hair to get a good wash. I cannot say this of every place I have stayed. I also did not run out of hot water, which again is not always the case everywhere. The rooms were big enough for me to spread a bit and not feel cramped, even with two animal playpens (one for each cat). I even had a private entrance.

there is a small dorm fridge and a microwave in the suite. I used the fridge and it kept everything very cold. The little freezer actually froze water, too. I have been to places where this was definitely not the case. I did not use the microwave so I cannot comment on it.

Located close to Linville Falls and many other gorgeous destinations. My goal for my vacation was to view scenery and relax. This was perfect. I didn't have to drive far to find parks and trails to pass the day and then I could watch the most spectacular sunset ever.
I woke up to the smell of breakfast every morning. Best breakfast ever. Everything was so fluffy and flavorful, not greasy at all, and each morning was different. Breakfast had four or five different parts, apart from the coffee and biscuits and juice. All cooked right there, on the stove, no microwaving anything here! all fresh chopped and cooked, and plenty of it. I wasn't hungry again until the evening.

The owners are very kind people and answered any questions I had. They were pleasant morning company at breakfast.

ok, the wifi isn't great but, hey, you're in the mountains. When I think of good signal I do not think of mountains. In fact to me mountains, especially secluded areas, automatically means poor signal and who goes to the mountains to spend their time using wifi anyway? I could check email, that was good enough for me. They had Direct TV if you wanted to watch something. If you want stellar wifi signal go to a big fancy hotel, but then you won't have the wonderful secluded atmosphere and convenience to the beauty of the Blue Ridge, and you certainly won't have that amazing breakfast.

I never heard their dogs bark. In fact if I hadn't seen them walking the dogs I wouldn't have known they were even there, except that we talked about dogs.

I really did not want to leave, but alas reality can only be ignored for so long. I will be booking with them again for my next trip.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: breakfast!
Liked least: that I had to leave
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
26 Sep 2016
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed our little slice of paradise. We enjoyed getting to know you a little at breakfast, and hope you come back to stay with us again.
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
4 Aug 2015
We have always been Pet Friendly, but we can see why more and more properties are not, and may have to change that one day. We have dogs of our own, and when guests bring dogs, we can have 5-6 dogs, so we have to have rules. There have been brawls between dogs in the past, so we try to avoid those. This is a log cabin with a lot of wood and carpet in some bedrooms, and everyone tells you their dog is well behaved and potty trained, but we have found out that is not always true. We insist on dogs being crated if left alone in the suites. No exceptions, if your dog is not in a crate, then you cannot leave it alone in the suite. The dogs are in a strange place and you never know what they will do, or what they will chew. We also let guests take their dog out separately, at least at first, so as to avoid any dog brawls. We don't think that is too much to ask for. This guest had a huge dog, hard to control, and I did not want to take mine out, while he was out. The guest did not like it, when I told her that. Sorry, but I would rather prevent than lament. Unfortunately, from now on we will not take large dogs like this one that was probably at least 100 lbs. And as problems arise, we will unfortunately have to keep adding rules. We also don't take all breeds, and people lie about what breed their dog is/has in it. As the saying goes, some ruin it for the rest.

One thing everyone has agreed upon for the 9 years we have been here is that this place has incredible views and exceptional food. It is too bad this guest could not appreciate either one, because both are truly wonderful. I will leave the quality of the views and breakfast for each guest to decide, and have no doubt they will agree with me. This location is unique, a flat mountain top with cascading mountain views in several directions.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing