“Pass it by”

Motel 6 Jonesville
Motel 6 Jonesville
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Jonesville
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a coupon and drove to this motel on a Friday evening. It didn't look too bad from the outside, but we were tired and didn't pay that much attention. However, upon entering the tiny reception/eating area (and I mean tiny) we found it dirty and unappealing. The reception man was not pleasant and when I gave him the coupon he wouldn't honour it saying they didn't take coupons on weekends. When I mentioned that there was nothing on the coupon to suggest there was a restriction he was very unfriendly. We decided to drive on and I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
JonesvilleManager, Manager at Motel 6 Jonesville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for stopping at our hotel, and we apologize this happened. We are in the process of expanding the small lobby. It will be completely reconstructed with extra dinning space and a fresh look as well. As for the coupons, the desk clerk has been notified to accept them on the weekends. We apologize again for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

In an effort to make a college visit to Appalachian State college on a budget, I booked a room at this hotel. Now with my AAA discount the room rate was $63.00 all in. At that price I am not expecting a four or five star hotel, point is my expectations were not high. Boy was I surprised. If I could give a place a zero I would. First the good, it was clean, as can as you can get old. I can't decide what describes it better shabby or rundown, maybe both. The musty smell that smacked you in the face when you first walked in the room was overpowering. Paint was flaking off the ceiling in the bathroom, mold spots on the shower curtain, sheets so thin they were almost see through. Thank goodness we brought sleep sacks. Even the lamp in the corner would not stand up straight by itself. you had to wedge it into the corner

The lobby... all 10x6 of it is a shambles, that is the only was to describe it. And I would not feed my pet from the breakfast that was offered there. Another reviewer gives a very accurate description of my check in experience with a inept clerk and his efforts to use a computer to check me in.

I could go on but I'd rather only say positive things about places I stay. Besides I'll never stay there again and neither should you. I am emailing Super 8 pictures and filing a complaint. This Hotel is a disservice to their chain. .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DBGJW
JonesvilleManager, General Manager at Motel 6 Jonesville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for considering our location for your college visit; and we apologize it did not meet your expectations. We strive extremely hard to provide clean rooms to our guest, and use only the best environmentally friendly cleaning solutions and supplies. Thank you for confirming their cleanliness. As for the paint and other concerns, they are being taken care of. The entire property is currently undergoing renovations, and has had a change in management. Also, the desk clerk has been given additional training, and is now more competent. We thank you for you feed back, as we are always looking to improve our property.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I made an online reservation for a Queen no smoking room. When we got there the desk clerk looked confused. He looked through his computer for my reservation and ended up using the confirmation that I had printed from my computer. He made me a room key and We went to the room. The room had obviously already been rented out because there were someones belongings in the room. We went back to the front desk and the clerk gave me a key to another room. We went up to the room, the room seemed fine. The bed didn't look like a queen bed, but it suited our purpose for the night. There were 2 towels in the bathroom and only 1 washcloth. They didn't have any washcloths in the office so one of us had to use a hand towel to wash with. About 10 pm after I had gotten in bed, I heard someone try to come into the room. I got up and locked the deadbolt and looked out the window, I didn't see anyone. The desk clerk called my room and apologized because the the earlier desk clerk didn't mark the room as rented. The breakfast had plenty of hot coffee, but only had cereal to eat. The next morning when I went to check out, my receipt said I had a double no smoking and was charging me $10 more than my reservation was supposed to be. If I am in the area again I will not be staying at the Super 8. They try to double book the rooms and charge more for them.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us for your stay, and we apologize that this happened. In addition to a good night's sleep, our guest's privacy is one of our top priorities. Check in procedures were reviewed with the desk clerk so that this does not happen again. Also, housekeeping was notified of incorrect towel count, and has resolved the issue- there are more than enough extras at the front desk now. I can personally guarantee that rooms are not double rented. There are strict federal, state, and franchise stipulations, and consequences for this action. To insure it is not occurring though, all employees have review our "over booking policy." Thank you for your feed back.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife, son and myself decided on a last-minute trip to tour nearby Mount Airy. The Super 8 in Jonesville was available, letting me use my rewards program account with that chain. Unfortunately, I should have done a better job shopping for a better quality hotel experience. I'm not snobbish about where I stay by any means and usually if the room is clean and the location is safe I have few complaints. But I feel that what was described on the web page was unrealistic and misleading. Certainly the web site showed an older motel with exterior facing rooms and basic -looking exterior but I've stayed in places like that before and have had pleasant experiences. Not at all with this place. The room and beds were clean, but that's all I can say for it. We brought bottled water with us hoping to keep it cold in the room's mini-fridge, but no luck. Neither a mini-fridge not a microwave were in the room. The room was hot when we arrived and the air-conditioning unit was this broken-down wall unit that you'd expect to see in someone's trailer. Good news: the AC cooled us down quickly enough, bad news: I took off the filthy filter off the AC and washed it to make sure it cooled correctly. Two double beds, one had the bedspread on it and other had the sheets on it and blanket but no bedspread. No mattress pads, just a sheet tucked in over the mattress. Sheets, carpet and shower all appeared to be clean. The mattress was serviceable, but certainly not of good quality. The furnishings were not updated at all, and it had the overall look and feel of the really low-rent motor inn's from the 60's and 70's that I remember as a kid when travelling with my parents. We didn't eat breakfast there, but if we did breakfast would have been cereal and cold doughnuts from a VERY tiny lobby. No place at all to eat there, so I guess guests are expected to take their food to their room and to make do there. We were intending to use this room as a place to crash after doing the tourist thing around the area on a budget, but I felt really let down from what was represented on their web site. I travel fairly often in the western part of the state, and the Jonesville Super 8 will definitely be crossed off my list in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The bed had stains.Lamp didnt work.The young lady at the desk was very rude and had a attitude.Very unproffesional.We asked for a non smoking room and she gave us a smoking room.There was kids running in and out of the office.There was cereal on the floor in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 15 June 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesville
Americas Best Value Inn - Jonesville
Days Inn Jonesville
#5 of 8 in Jonesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin

Been to Motel 6 Jonesville? Share your experiences!