“Stay away”
Review of Motel 6 Jonesville

Motel 6 Jonesville
Motel 6 Jonesville
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Jonesville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Latham, New York
Reviewed 28 January 2014

When we see signs on the highway stating "Rooms $19.95" I don't stop because we are afraid of getting a room such as this. For $55. plus tax, I am not expecting the Waldorf Astoria, but I do expect a warm, clean room with a comfortable bed, at least queen size.
To begin with, it was cold out, (single digits). There was no heat turned on in the room, so it was cold. Not quite see your breath cold, but cold. It took the small heater / ac unit over an hour to get the room near comfortable.
Secondly; The bed was a double, with a very cheap, hard mattress. There were only 2 pillows, and they were thin.
Thirdly; the room did not stink, and it did appear to have been vacuumed, but it smelled of carpet freshener. There was a chair which looked as if it had been procured from the local landfill. There were peanut shells and crumbs under the chair's cushion.
Finally; The next morning we noticed what appeared to be a urine stain on the wall near the bathtub about 1 foot above the floor. a dog or small child perhaps.
This motel is obviously owned by people who want to invest no money into it. And, it shows bigtime.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James B
Olcott
Reviewed 7 December 2013

First room they put us in had a broken security lock, and smelled something awful. 2nd room somewhat better, it only had a broken toilet paper holder...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travellers are raving about these Jonesville hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I arrived; one other car in motel other than mine - he puts me at the VERY end of the bdlg (despite me telling him I'm handicapped - how about the room I'm parked in front of????) - but .... get in room & NO LIGHTS - everything is unplugged including alarm clock, TV, lights, HEAT, etc - so in the dark fumble around to put lights on, etc - NOT a smart thing to do - as then I can see all the STINK BUGS crawling up the walls, on the ceiling, towels, bathtub, etc - felt better when I couldn't see them - so slept SORT OF with one eye open for 4 hrs - because then other "guests" had checked in & he put them ALL on either sides of me and apparently they were all traveling together and partying together - what a NOISY JOY being BETWEEN that ruckus and them knocking on each others' doors to wake up at 530 AM -needless to say, for the 4 hours of sleep I actually got, the bugs, the WORK I had to do to have a "functional" room - FORGET IT - when I drive back in 2 weeks I will NOT be getting off at this exit and stay here again! I had been sleeping on an Intex Air Mattress for 7 mos before this road trip and had to take a muscle relaxer as my back was SCREAMING at me after the 4 hrs of sleep - which means an air mattress is BETTER than the mattress I had in my room - I've had 5 back surgeries so am predisposed; but after the morning banging to wake each other up & me realizing I was as stiff as a board; it was just easier to get into shower and on the road than to endure any further time in this place -

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank T170
North York
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a coupon and drove to this motel on a Friday evening. It didn't look too bad from the outside, but we were tired and didn't pay that much attention. However, upon entering the tiny reception/eating area (and I mean tiny) we found it dirty and unappealing. The reception man was not pleasant and when I gave him the coupon he wouldn't honour it saying they didn't take coupons on weekends. When I mentioned that there was nothing on the coupon to suggest there was a restriction he was very unfriendly. We decided to drive on and I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
JonesvilleManager, Manager at Motel 6 Jonesville, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for stopping at our hotel, and we apologize this happened. We are in the process of expanding the small lobby. It will be completely reconstructed with extra dinning space and a fresh look as well. As for the coupons, the desk clerk has been notified to accept them on the weekends. We apologize again for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and we hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesville
Americas Best Value Inn - Jonesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Days Inn Jonesville
Days Inn Jonesville
#5 of 8 in Jonesville

Been to Motel 6 Jonesville? Share your experiences!