“What a surprise!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Jonesville
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We usually don't stay at Comfort Inns, but this one was very convenient to the Interstate and appeared well kept on the outside, so we decided to check out a room before staying. We were pleasantly surprised! Small but clean and very fresh (new) drapes and bedspreads were evident. We stayed and spent a restful night at a very reasonable price. Once we got home I discovered I had left my cell phone charger in the room, called and ask the clerk if she could help me. Within two days I received the charger in the mail! We frequently travel into NC and certainly will stay here again. Forgot to tell you that there is free fresh popcorn in the lobby in the evening and a very nice breakfast in the morning!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank susie1942

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Nice hotel. Advance reservations made on-line. Arrival at hotel, checkin was quick and professional. Requested room with king bed was ready, clean and had in-room desk and chair. The indoor heated pool and hot tub was nice but inconvenient to access because of only exterior entrances. The complimentary breakfast bar featured waffles, sausage & eggs, sausauge gravy and biscuits; cold cereals, toast, bagels, multiple juice choices, etc.

Room Tip: Hotel was convenient to I-77 and located nearby were several area restaurants, gas stations, etc.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Bill70-54
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We had traveled all day from Daytona Beach, FL, and were looking for a nice motel. The motel room itself is nice. Beds are VERY comfortable. Room was clean and adequate. They provide a free breakfast which was better than average. The lobby is nice and offers popcorn, cookies, water, coffee, and tea to incoming guests.

HOWEVER, it goes down hill from there. When we checked in, there was a line. The first man in line paid $75 + whatever local taxes; the next man paid $59.99; and I was charged $71.10. None of us had coupons. All were given the same type of room, on the same side of the building. So, there is my first problem: the billing/charging discrepency. But the bigger problem was the location of the room given to me (and the other guests). It was facing a major highway. There were available rooms on the far side of the building, which I requested. But we were all sent to the "highway" side of the building. The walls were so thin we could here the guests talking next door; hear the toilets flush; hear the tvs. The highway was a major route (I-77N) and VERY noisy and active all night. I called the desk to complain and was told they were sorry to hear about my problem. The next morning I talked with the front desk person and explained the pricing issues and the horrible noise. Again, she was VERY sorry. I asked for a manager and was told there was none on sight.

Although, the room was very nice, the NOISE was horrendous and we could not create "white" noise with the AC to mask it. Therefore, I would not recommend this motel. They didn't seem to care about the individual; discriminated on pricing of rooms (please note that we all had AAA for discounts and were all seniors so prices should have been the same); and didn't even try to move us when requested. The morning we left, the other gentlemen were standing outside their rooms commenting on how 3 people received 3 different prices. Not good for business, I don't think.

Room Tip: In this case, I should have viewed the room and noted the location next to the major highway BEFORE...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I am from Florida, and my father's 70th surprise birthday party was being held in the meeting room of this hotel, so I decided to get a room with them, too. I didn't have a reservation, but was made to feel very welcome. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and courteous. Once I told them I was there for the planned surprise party there later that evening, they afforded me a "coupon rate".... a very very good discount!! I requested a smoking room. The room was very clean, very nicely appointed, with two double beds, a large TV and nice size refrigerator. There was a coffee maker wtih both tea and coffee supplied. The bathroom was filled with thirsty thick towels, and there were toilitries provided. Every employee I came into contact with was overyly anxious to help with any details regarding the party, etc. I was very satisfied with my stay there. I didn't get a chance to use the indoor pool and hot tub, but peeked into the area, and it appeared very clean and inviting. The breezeway area on the second floor by the vending area was nicely decorated as a smoking area with seating. The motel is located just beside of Interstate 77, and I was on that side, so there was some noise, but I slept without being disturbed by it. Wish I could have stayed longer......The only problem I had was the inability to get a good internet signal, but I was staying in a back room to avoid detection from my father when he arrived for the surprise party; that could have caused some interference. Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank LadyW900Ldriver
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I use Trip Advisor reviews regularly for advice while traveling. I booked a room at this Comfort Inn in November because of the great reviews that I read. I have never been more disappointed! My husband and I had been on the road for over ten hours and we were tired when we arrived. We were assigned a room on the second floor. The curtain rod was hanging off the window and the hem was unravelling. The bathroom door looked like someone had taken a bat to it. The room, in general, just seemed dirty and cosmetically unappealing. I went to the desk to request another room and the second room was just as bad as the first, maybe worse. We checked out and went down the street to the Best Western which was very nice and clean, for the same price!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siggy1950
Reviewed 4 January 2012

After driving 12 hours on New Years Day from the Naples area of Florida with 2 other tired drivers and 2 dogs, I stopped at the Comfort in in Jonesville thinking I had reservations there for overnight. I enterd the lobby with my dog over my shoulder to check in only to be told I was in the wrong place...Theresa, the front desk manager that night (11;45 pm) said not to worry, she had a room , would accomodate the dogs and would find out where we were to be staying and offered to cancel that room for me! The other young man coming on duty(Jason?)called the Days Inn, (where I did have reservations and they told him all their guests were in for the night). He then told me to give him 15 minutes and call down to him if I found the confirmation of the other hotel. I did, gave him the number of the Days Inn and he cancelled it for me!!! I have stayed at numerous hotels ain my life including 5 star resorts and never had this kind of service! Thanks to both of these fine people who helped us out truly in a time of need! The room was spotless, beds and pillows comfy, and great heating system. The breakfast buffet the next day was wonderful and the ladies staffing it were superb! Thanks to the Comfort Inn, we will be back, and thanks to my Guardian Angels at the front desk that night!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank mimi1257
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We had been on the road for over a week, stopping here and there, visiting friends in NY and we were headed back to Alabama and needed a hotel. It was 9:30 at night and we were tired. We decided to stop at the Comfort Inn behind Waffle House in Jonesville; they had rooms on the second floor available. The lady at the desk was really nice and helpful and made sure we were able to take the stairs to the second floor before checking us in. We were surprised at the room, two VERY comfortable double beds with big cushy square pillows, large modern tv, large refrigerator and microwave, as well as a safe. The vanity area was small but that was ok with us. The shower head was modern and offered several different settings. The furniture was modern and not at all run-down. the complimentary breakfast each morning consisted of toast, pastries, bagels, do-it-yourself waffles, eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, coffee, lots of juices, fruits; Really no one could complain about the free food! The lobby was beautiful and was decorated for Christmas. there were several sitting areas and large screen tvs. I was totally impressed with the whole place. We paid about $65, including tax. Be aware that a $1.50 safe charge is tacked on; if you don't use the safe, you can ask them to remove that charge and they will do it graciously. We did not use the pool or the wifi. The indoor pool area, though, was great.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank McGuffey_Clan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesville
Best Western Yadkin Valley Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in Mount Airy
Days Inn Wilkesboro
Days Inn Wilkesboro
#3 of 6 in Wilkesboro

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!