“Poor Service, 90 minute LUNCH wait”

Restaurant Forty Six
Ranked #7 of 112 Restaurants in Kannapolis
Price range: US$15 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak Ave
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Took OVER 90 MINUTES to receive lunch order today (7/9/14). No acknowledgement by any of the staff that anything was wrong with waiting that long. Drink refills had to be asked for. No discount mentioned for the entirely too long of a wait. Not worth the wait, typical American food..burgers, salads, etc. Not enough staff to cook and serve during lunch time. Hire more staff and chefs. Food tasted okay, but definitely not anything I would wait that long for again. Service sucked. Go somewhere else and get an $8 lunch much faster, with more pleasing attitudes. No dessert or coffee was offered after the meal, just the checks. I imagine they knew we wanted to get out of there since they took forever. SO glad my boss was eating with me, so I was approved to take a 2 hour lunch hour !!!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Not sure what all the hype is here. Food was average at best, but way overpriced. Portions were decent. Appetizer was the crab dip and it tasted bland. Dry short ribs. I subbed fingerling potatoes for mashed potatoes , server said they could do that no problem - wound up paying $5 extra on my bill. The pizza for my kid was a joke. He didnt even eat it lol and pizza is his favorite.

If you buy a glass of wine beware...its barely more than a shot glass of wine.

I dont see how this place has been here so long? If youre gonna charge this much to eat, at least make the food halfway worth it. We wont be going back, you can eat alot better food for half the price in Afton.

3  Thank BT35_2012
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at Restaurant 46 upon a recommendation. We have lived in many cities across the US and moved to this area a few months ago. Not sure what to expect but we had one of the best meals we have ever eaten. My wife ordered the shrimp and scallops over risotto and I had a Caesar salad and filet mignon special with a grit cake and okra with tomatoes. Everything was prepared with perfection. The salad was cold and crisp and the entrees were piping hot. The seasonings were wonderful. Sue was our server and was friendly and excellent. This restaurant is such a delight that we will be back many times.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Located in the restored Old Town Kannapolis, this dining establishment benefits from the dedixation of the David Murdoch organization and the North Carolina medical Research university located nearby.

There is usually a nice variety of entrees available, well thought out, cooked well and serviced by an attentive waitstaff. There is an adjacent bar, where a few craft beers are available, and serves as s nice apres dinner stop before you hit the road. later e and to

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Sunday brunch at "46" is one of our favorites. It is reasonably priced and quite good. We try to go at least every month. So when I made reservations for the Mothers' Day Brunch, even though the price was more than twice the usual Sunday rate, my expectations were high. Too bad. Except for a salad, some asparagus, and an extra dessert or two, it was the same fare, and actually not as good. There was a shortage of servers and I waited the whole meal for a tea refill, several of the plates on the dessert table had come from the kitchen dirty, and some of the items ran out and we had to wait until they were brought out. It wasn't bad, just disappointing... and overpriced. We'll go back on a regular Sunday, but pass for another restaurant on special days.

1  Thank PGinNC