Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concord
Quality Inn(Concord)
US$50
QualityInn
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat hotelking suitecomfortable beddecent breakfastindoor poolfamily reunionwithin walking distancewould stay here againinterstatepopcornhousekeepingcharlotteelevatorexitpillowstub
Reviewed 15 February 2014

During a recent snow storm, I made the decision to book a hotel room to be closer to a job related training class that was to be held regardless of the weather. This Holiday Inn Express was recommended to me by a class mate who was familiar with the area. I could not possibly say enough good things about the hotel. I was greeted by a very friendly front desk staff that treated me as if I were a part of their family (throughout my stay I observed this behavior offered to all the guests). The room was very clean, neat, and orderly. Housekeeping did an excellent job with the daily duties of making the bed, replenishing bathroom supplies, etc. The continental breakfast offers a great selection of various breakfast items to help get your day started. The hotel management hosts a guest reception on Tuesdays and Wednesdays where items from local restaurants are served as well as free beer or wine! During the storm, it became difficult to find eating establishments that remained open for business. The hotel staff worked very hard to find places that were open which included a Chinese restaurant that was not only open, but willing to deliver to the hotel. Throughout my stay the hotel staff made every effort to make my stay relaxing and enjoyable despite the difficulty of working through a snow storm (hotel staff remained on the premises throughout the storm). I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express to anyone staying in the Kannapolis / Concord area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I would recommend this hotel. It was as the title reads "clean and comfortable." The desk staff was friendly and the hotel was quiet. They off free popcorn in the lobby and offered an apple at check-in as a member of their rewards club. The hotel is conveniently located just off I-85 adjacent to shopping and a number of restaurants. Parking was just outside the front door and you could walk to dining and stores. The king bed was comfortable and the free breakfast was ok. The hotel has a small business center for guest use. Laundry facilities were also available in the hotel. I arrived a little early and the hotel allowed me to check-in. For me, this small act would be another great reason to return to this hotel. Good service was definitely a plus here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Last-minute decision to stay in Kannapolis. Hotel smells of cleaning products from the moment you walk through the doors. The room smelled musty and very unpleasant; disappointing because Holiday Inn Express is usually very good. Night manager was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear teachexpat,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am glad you found our hotel staff commendable. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the negative impression you had with the unusual smell of the room. I will certainly discuss your comments with the appropriate department. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and accommodations we have to offer to our guests. We hope to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I found this hotel's amenities to be particularly exceptional, especially considering they were willing to honor the state government hotel rate (which typically gets me into at best average, at worst sketchy hotels). When we arrived, they had warm cookies, fresh popcorn, and bottled water for us, and then they also had an evening manager's reception which included complimentary appetizers, wine, and beer. (All of which were very nice!) The spread was large enough that neither my colleague nor I felt the need to go out for dinner. This, in addition to clean and comfortable rooms, fast wi-fi, and a nice breakfast, made for a very pleasant overnight stay for business. Also, all of the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful, while remaining very professional. I couldn't ask for much more from a business stay!

Room Tip: I loved my fourth floor room facing the parking lot. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at hotel on business and was there for a few weeks. I found the staff very friendly and remembered my name after just a couple of days. The front desk staff as well as the housekeeping staff were excellent. I will be returning to the area on business again and will definitely stay at this hotel. I also found the management very accomodating and responsive. All in all my experience here was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business